What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould reviewing Dragons.

getsmarty

Immortal
Not like you to be like that Tru.

You are right of course, but not like you

I think most of our supporters have had a gut-full....others let out their frustrations by picking on the players....The Buck stops with the Board....They are facilitating and enabling the current mess to continue...easy fix...sack the current coach and bring in decent staff.

FlameThrower

Bench
Club is a shambles, no leadership, no idea, can’t even install basic concepts of culture and what it means to be a Dragon.
Poor player retention, poor signings and woeful pathways system that places our juniors behind journeymen cast offs from other Clubs.
Arch rival Sharks playing more games at Kogarah than we will in 2020 and final icing on the cake is this joke of a review that has everyone being shifted except the root cause - ie the Coach.
I’m convinced the Club does not want any fans and wants to fold - the litany of mind numbing decisions is beyond belief.

Last edited:

Pro Dragons

Juniors
From the Telgragh.

The St George Illawarra review is complete and Paul McGregor will retain his position as coach.

Differences of opinion on the club’s board have been resolved and the announcement McGregor is safe will be made within a few days.

The board is expecting a fan backlash but there was nowhere else to go once Shane Flanagan was ruled out of a head coaching position until 2022.

The Dragons’ membership numbers will be interesting. McGregor needs a solid start next year to retain support.

There is talk he wants to bring home Bronco Jack Bird. Others at the Dragons believe he is too big an injury risk.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...a929cee9a531&usg=AOvVaw3VuxiBMEjjH6YI-bNfkCyl

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Telgragh.

The St George Illawarra review is complete and Paul McGregor will retain his position as coach.

Differences of opinion on the club’s board have been resolved and the announcement McGregor is safe will be made within a few days.

The board is expecting a fan backlash but there was nowhere else to go once Shane Flanagan was ruled out of a head coaching position until 2022.

The Dragons’ membership numbers will be interesting. McGregor needs a solid start next year to retain support.

There is talk he wants to bring home Bronco Jack Bird. Others at the Dragons believe he is too big an injury risk.
No Surprises here.
The question will be - when and under what circumstances will McGregor finally be shown the door?
First 6 games will 3/3 be acceptable for example?
What is the straw that will break the camel's back?
Whatever these jokers decide, the fans staying away in droves and not renewing membership is something the Board cannot ignore forever.
Another pathetic decision by the Board.
Review is complete alright.
A complete joke.

Last edited:

BBTB

Juniors
From the Telgragh.

f**kn diabolical..

Dragons22

Juniors
Well, my membership is now on the chopping block.

Cannot believe I am writing that for this one great club, but I am absolutely appalled.
The fact that McIdiot still has a job is beyond me, I just cannot comprehend it.
The decision to re-sign him after Round 6 was just plain stupid, I actually do not understand the season. They could have at least waited out the season and then made a decision.
The bloke gave this once great club it's worst finish since the 1940s, the bloke has the record for most consecutive loses in club history, the bloke has the team he wants yet has doesn't coach them, the bloke is seriously not fit to be a head NRL coach.
He should go. For the good of this club, hand in your resignation mate.
Your record is abysmal.
Finals twice from six years.
No other club, and this is not a joke, would keep a fool that has this record.
Additionally, no other club would give Mary a job.
This club is an absolute mess. They obviously do not care about the fans any more, they care about saving their own arses.
I hope they are happy.

Walpole

Juniors
From the Telgragh.

What the hell does The board is expecting a fan backlash but there was nowhere else to go once Shane Flanagan was ruled out of a head coaching position until 2022. mean? There are dozens of better qualified coaches than McGregor available. Flanagan is just one of them.

No Surprises here.
The question will be - when and under what circumstances will McGregor finally be shown the door?
First 6 games will 3/3 be acceptable for example?
What is the straw that will break the camel's back.
Whatever these jokers decide, the fans staying away in droves and not renewing membership is something the Board cannot ignore forever.
Another pathetic decision by the Board.
Review is complete alright.
A complete joke.
3/3 gets him a two year extension. I'd say he'll only be under pressure if he's 0-6 (provided there's no ready made excuses like JDB).

utility dragon

Juniors
It’s arse covering from the board. How can they sack a guy they just appointed and not throw the spotlight on there incompetence. Letting him stay also does that I know but not as bad for them. The whole organisation has to be reviewed, the board is the problem!!!
No membership for me this year, Gap year for me. I’m going to play golf.

Old Timer

Coach
If his head is off the chopping block then the only place it should be is in the basket and if it isn’t then obviously the henchman has done an appalling job and is not even remotely an expert in his field.
Gus Gould is a joke and little more than a big bag of wind with no credibility.

Latest posts