What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brisbane Broncos after 2019 finals

Nerd

Bench
LOL that's it guys, to use a phrase from Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars

tenor.gif

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-23_13-30-13.jpeg
    upload_2019-9-23_13-30-13.jpeg
    4.5 KB · Views: 1

Big Pete

Referee
Unless something dramatic happens, 2020 is shaping to be a write off for the Broncos. Even if they manage to release Darius Boyd and Jack Bird from their contracts, there aren't any free agents on the market that will fix their short comings and the players they have coming through are in the infancy of their professional careers.

Their best hope is that they use next season to build up some combinations, get some more experience into their players and set themselves up for 2021. It's just a matter of what the club decides to do after the 58-0 drubbing. They're under immense pressure to make changes and they could find themselves bending over backwards to sign a big name and earn some PR.

Lodge would be a terrible choice as captain. He's a quality player and deserves to be a part of the leadership group, but the captain is the face of the club and Lodge has done far too much damage to his reputation.

The issue is, it can't be Darius, Glenn could be headed elsewhere and the other candidates don't really behave as leaders. Seibold has a high opinion of Matt, dating back to his time in Melbourne, so if you took the NYC incident out of the equation, he would have been made captain.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
You should hear the things I’ve heard to defend him

it wasn’t that bad
The family are just faking it for sympathy and money
He is a good guy who just did the wrong thing

they are shameless

You should also point out the media coverage and how they waited 18 months before their moral panic.

typicalfan

Coach
Sounds strange but I wonder if the Broncos and Dragons would consider a Bird/Hunt trade.

Hunt and Milford brought the best out of each other and Dragons need a good centre.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I see that moving Boyd to left centre has been floated.

There are some big boys at right centre out there. People should watch his “effort” tackling beej on the goal line round 6

Nerd

Bench
Sounds strange but I wonder if the Broncos and Dragons would consider a Bird/Hunt trade.

Hunt and Milford brought the best out of each other and Dragons need a good centre.
The Dragons are welcome to Bird but a big no thanks to Hunt. Hunt when he decides to use it he has a good running game and is ok with a dominant organising 5/8 like Widdop but he's not an organiser himself and that's what we need to drive our young forwards around the field.

Nerd

Bench
Chalking it up to salt.

Classic Donkey's deflection technique.
What's to deflect? You and many others hate the Broncos and their fans.

I hate the Storm for all the hidings they have handed out to us over the years and after the 58-0 drubbing from the Eels you can add them to the list but I don't feel the need to go into their forums and hurl abuse. Have you considered that maybe you are the one with the salty boots on?

gerg

Juniors
What's to deflect? You and many others hate the Broncos and their fans.

I hate the Storm for all the hidings they have handed out to us over the years and after the 58-0 drubbing from the Eels you can add them to the list but I don't feel the need to go into their forums and hurl abuse. Have you considered that maybe you are the one with the salty boots on?

This is the NRL forum isn't it? Or have I stumbled into the merkin forum?

Slackboy72

Coach
Was Darius responsible for all 11 tries they let in against Parra?
Was he also responsible for the 7 they let in in the same game in 2018?

Getting a new spine might help but learning to defend will always keep you in the game.

Latest posts