What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019/20 Eels offseason discussion

it's important that we maintain the improvement from this season and build on it not slide backwards again

we finished 4th in 2017 and were bundled out of the finals in straight sets then in 2018 we got the spoon!

JokerEel

First Grade
He was decent last week but overall I don't rate him. But I've seen f**k all games and am a shit judge so I doubt he's too worried what I think.

I highly doubt he would be our 2nd or 3rd halfback..

If Moses goes down Drown would shift to half and Gutho to 5/8.. Then there is always Taka..

PARRA_FAN

Coach
He wouldn't want to leave the Bulldogs even if gets offered double.

I certainly like another workhorse backrower, question is are there any good ones off contract?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The spread the ball thing is a massive asset but I think we need to be a little more selective next year. Play direct in the early parts of sets. Especially against the better teams that can easily slide against early ball movement.

I'd also spend a lot of time working on last play options in the opposition 20. Short kicks, bombs, set plays. We aren't good when we are in try scoring positions. I haven't checked the stats but we seem to score a lot more tries from the middle of the field. When we get close to the line we shit the bed more than the better teams do.

Some of the previous calls re: a second row replacement are spot on. Frizzell or Jackson would both add a lot given the Chairman's departure. Not sure of their availability.

Latest posts