What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club salary cap

possm

Coach
How much are Graham & Norman really costing now that their former clubs are no longer paying part of the freight?
Maybe the speculation re Hunt and his actual cost being a million a year might be more correct than the dumbed down figure of $800k?
Did we come up with some back ended deals for some of our long term plodders after all their has to be some incentive to get people to play in our system?
For their to be no money with the roster we have indicates that something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
I don't believe there is no spare money within the SGI salary cap for 2020. Just a simple look at the list of players reported to be leaving after November 1, tell me that their is plenty of cash. If we are serious about turning things around we would:
  • Sack Mary and Millward.
  • Let go Aitken, Lafai, Dufty, Maranta, Allgood and one of Pereira, Pearson or Ravalawa.
  • It has been reported that Masters, Robson, Field and possibly Timm have already signed with other clubs.
  • It is also rumoured that Graham is considering retirement due to head injuries.

Old Timer

Coach
I don't believe there is no spare money within the SGI salary cap for 2020. Just a simple look at the list of players reported to be leaving after November 1, tell me that their is plenty of cash. If we are serious about turning things around we would:
  • Sack Mary and Millward.
  • Let go Aitken, Lafai, Dufty, Maranta, Allgood and one of Pereira, Pearson or Ravalawa.
  • It has been reported that Masters, Robson, Field and possibly Timm have already signed with other clubs.
  • It is also rumoured that Graham is considering retirement due to head injuries.
Masters, Robson, Field & Timm all on minimal $$$ and their replacements into the top 30 squad would take up any cash reserves from them leaving, so quid pro quo.
Again Allgood, Pereira (would cost us to let him go after extending him), Pearson, Ravalawa, Maranta (not sure he was part of the top 30) all on minimum $$$ and their replacements would be on equivalent monies so again no extra $$$ in the coffers.
Lafai (still signed I believe so would cost us to offload him) & Aitken represent the only high $$$ value and that would only be a saving if you promote from within as any quality player would cost more $$$ than their contracts are worth currently.
Dufty was also resigned so to move him on would potentially cost us in the 1st instance.
Graham retiring would represent some $$$ but don't expect that to happen and anything left over from Widdop would got to contract upgrades for those already within the system.
So it is obvious our recruitment and contracts have been poor for us to be out of cap but it does not surprise me in the least as to get players to come or stay under our systems means we pay overs and with no 3rd parties it comes straight out of the tin.
Quite simple really it's just like the old nursery rhyme

Old mother Hubbard went to the cupboard,
To get poor Rover a bone,
When she bent over,
Rover drove her
and gave her a bone of his own.

Lot's of Rovers in our club.

Dragon David

First Grade
Masters, Robson, Field & Timm all on minimal $$$ and their replacements into the top 30 squad would take up any cash reserves from them leaving, so quid pro quo.
Again Allgood, Pereira (would cost us to let him go after extending him), Pearson, Ravalawa, Maranta (not sure he was part of the top 30) all on minimum $$$ and their replacements would be on equivalent monies so again no extra $$$ in the coffers.
Lafai (still signed I believe so would cost us to offload him) & Aitken represent the only high $$$ value and that would only be a saving if you promote from within as any quality player would cost more $$$ than their contracts are worth currently.
Dufty was also resigned so to move him on would potentially cost us in the 1st instance.
Graham retiring would represent some $$$ but don't expect that to happen and anything left over from Widdop would got to contract upgrades for those already within the system.
So it is obvious our recruitment and contracts have been poor for us to be out of cap but it does not surprise me in the least as to get players to come or stay under our systems means we pay overs and with no 3rd parties it comes straight out of the tin.

When she bent over,
Rover drove her

Good one Old Timer, hahaha!

possm

Coach

When she bent over,
Rover drove her

So approximately 8m is being spent on the centres, halves and forwards according to your reckoning.

It's a Millward MESS no matter which version you want to support. For all of those forum members who say otherwise, please explain how we could be in this situation?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Perhaps read the earlier posts Willow. I was actually initially responding to someone that suggested the club was broke. Even the post you have chosen to latch onto I was not saying it as my opinion, only that any suggestion of being broke (which I also said I don’t believe), has NOTHING to to with the salary cap.
I know that. I was referring to the OP. Already told you that I never said you said that. I didn't think spelling it out any further was necessary. But hey, by all means feel free to keep taking offence over what is obviously a misunderstanding.

It was the Sharks and their abysmal financial management that I was really having a shot at. Maybe that part upset you.

Geez Louise.... next you'll be accusing me of having a bias against the scum.
]Now if you wish to continue you high and mighty, that’s ok with me.
Now that's irony.

Some might say this is all a little petty, but not me. This high and mighty hill is worth fighting for.
Anyway, hope the flight back was good
Thank you. It was very restful.

I had a very nice cheese and cracker snack and no one tried to fight me for it. Which was a relief.

I trust your weekend was equally enjoyable.

I know that. I was referring to the OP. Already told you that I never said you said that. I didn't think spelling it out any further was necessary. But hey, by all means feel free to keep taking offence over what is obviously a misunderstanding.

It was the Sharks and their abysmal financial management that I was really having a shot at. Maybe that part upset you.

Geez Louise.... next you'll be accusing me of having a bias against the scum.
Now that's irony.

Some might say this is all a little petty, but not me. This high and mighty hill is worth fighting for.

Thank you. It was very restful.

I had a very nice cheese and cracker snack and no one tried to fight me for it. Which was a relief.

I trust your weekend was equally enjoyable.
Ok Willow, I clearly misread your post.

Me idiot! Lol

Anyway glad you made it home safe and sound. Mine not so good, been pretty sick.

Oh and stop being bias against the scum! Lol
Just for the record don’t disagree on Cronulla financial management. Bloody pathetic record!

nrlnrl

First Grade
Please don't expect much activity with any players of note, there is very little room in the salary cap as it currently stands.