What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Matterson possibly on the way out?

WA Tiger

Bench
He's linked ( strongly) to either parra or the titans...he and the coaches of both those clubs have the same manager....there it is. The manager's clients want him so the manager engineers it to happen.

Titans can have the merkin but only as an exchange for both Brimson & Arrow.We r so generous we will throw in Packer as part of the deal
& Reynolds and Holbrook have won a competition together earlier on...The Titans is who we need to do a deal with

Tiger5150

Bench
Who are you responding to?...what people? I havent seen where anyone has compared them "purely on playing ability". ...seems you're having a conversation with yourself on that
Well a brief scroll back shows I was responding to Old Time Tigers as part of his discussion with Tiger05.....so those people.

Tiger05

First Grade
Hmmm when his team members are having a go at him you know it's gone to far. Interestingly him and Aloiaia are best buddy's.. hopefully Josh has more morals and decency and doesnt follow his f**kwit mate.
On a side note an interesting read from earlier in the year, I wasnt aware Matterson had left the Roosters also with 2 years left to run on a contract.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/21/eels-discards-aloiai-and-matterson-ignore-injury-and-reunite/

I think he is also good mates with Alex Twal.

super_coach

First Grade
Most jurnos are giving it to Matterson at present but like with Cleary, in the NRL most things are forgotten very quickly and the scum bags are left alone, as there is always another story to run.

From where I sit Iam amazed how quickly the club gave him permission to talk to other clubs. I would be holding him to his contract unless we get the deal of the century. These guys need to be told a contract works both ways

Tiger05

First Grade
Most jurnos are giving it to Matterson at present but like with Cleary, in the NRL most things are forgotten very quickly and the scum bags are left alone, as there is always another story to run.

From where I sit Iam amazed how quickly the club gave him permission to talk to other clubs. I would be holding him to his contract unless we get the deal of the century. These guys need to be told a contract works both ways

He is having a tantrum and being extremely difficult. Just let him negotiate a new contract and then we can sit down and state we will match it or you can leave today or you have to stay for the following 2 years and then join your new team.

WT2K

Juniors
I don't see why we have to release Matterson unless we get a good deal. For instance we release Matterson, Reynolds and Packer and we get all their contracts off our books.

Releasing Matterson with no benefit to us makes no sense.

Agree.
Hoping we keep denying a release everytime he asks for one which will be often when he returns from his current overseas holiday

WA Tiger

Bench
Thought: let it go, you are really sounding like an old broken record.

Reynolds can play, what’s more he has handled his own uncertain future with humility and maturity. Matterson, well. .
To 05
Reynolds is on close to $900K, Matterson on just over $300K. You seriously cant see the problem? Which to keep, which to let go?
To Old Time

Well a brief scroll back shows I was responding to Old Time Tigers as part of his discussion with Tiger05.....so those people.
To The Hassler
Free advice 5150 don’t get too caught up in 05’s ramblings he’s mostly on a tangent of his own miles from where the person he’s replying to started so he can win the argument he’s having with himself....and yes cause you to have conversations with no one in particular

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench

Most likely its so that the Tigers can get a sense of what he is worth to other clubs. If they think he is worth 600k a season, then they need to give us a player we think is worth $600k AND is keen on coming to the Tigers under Madge. This is the ONLY deal in which Tigers should accept - we gain a player worth $X for two seasons for $350k (remainder of Matterson's contract).

If Arrow is keen on coming to the Tigers then it would fit the bill perfectly.

WA Tiger

Bench
It will be pretty awesome if we got both AJ Brimson and Jai Arrow as a result
I’ll be happy with Arrow and as part of the deal the offloading of Reynolds as a lucky break we would only get at the titans- with as much change ($) as possible..I thought Walters played at hooker but no only 7 and 6

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I’ll be happy with Arrow and as part of the deal the offloading of Reynolds as a lucky break we would only get at the titans- with as much change ($) as possible..I thought Walters played at hooker but no only 7 and 6

I imagine that Walters will simply be a backup half, particularly as Gamble has also move on. I doubt Reynolds will leave this year, hopefully he can spend the entire off season training at 9 and have a solid 2020 for us. I know its very slim odds to happen but given all this shit with Matterson it would be really good for us as a brand if a deadset legend like Reynolds was able to perform at FG level, particularly in a position we are weak in.

It will be pretty awesome if we got both AJ Brimson and Jai Arrow as a result

I know right...if we could somehow trade Matterson and Packer for those two, plus with the retirement of Matulino we could actually afford it in our cap. Brimson, a fullback with huge potential + an Origin Lock Forward

It boggles my mind that Titans are such a basket case, half their starting 13 would walk straight into the Tigers side.

WA Tiger

Bench
I imagine that Walters will simply be a backup half, particularly as Gamble has also move on. I doubt Reynolds will leave this year, hopefully he can spend the entire off season training at 9 and have a solid 2020 for us. I know its very slim odds to happen but given all this shit with Matterson it would be really good for us as a brand if a deadset legend like Reynolds was able to perform at FG level, particularly in a position we are weak in.

I know right...if we could somehow trade Matterson and Packer for those two, plus with the retirement of Matulino we could actually afford it in our cap. Brimson, a fullback with huge potential + an Origin Lock Forward

It boggles my mind that Titans are such a basket case, half their starting 13 would walk straight into the Tigers side.
I’m a bit ignorant about Brimson ...but he sounds good for us at fullback ...For any deal to be done obviously both parties need to benefit and feel that what they have given they have received , and the players need to want to move or the coach wants them to move ...what impact Reynolds had within the team for the last few games will have a big bearing on if he stays ...we don’t know what the guys think there ...in all likelihood they want him to hang around...And it means Madge doesn’t have to spend more $$ at hooker which he’s had the opportunity to do but hasn’t..So ok maybe Reynolds will stay..I can’t find any profile of Walters that says hooker and I couldn’t see him happy about playing their with the skill he has at 6 ...but with the promise of 6 in 2021 he may be open to it if required...I just can’t see Packer as a benefit for any team to clinch a deal ...although I suppose if we can get anything for him that’s a plus for both parties...

Latest posts