What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 FW2 Sat - Storm 32-0 Eels @ AAMI

Finals Week 2: Storm v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perth Red

Post Whore
Totally professional performance by the storm. I was wondering if Bellamy had made his first major coaching erro in dropping Croft for Hughes but should have known better

Excitingly we get the real GF before the main event.

GongPanther

Referee
Speak for yourself. Parra can EAD. I enjoyed every moment of tonight until I allowed myself to dwell on the fact that the Storm were heading to yet another prelim.
And that is where it ends. Easts V Canberra/Souths GF is one to either look forward to.

GongPanther

Referee
He has the method wrong. It should be by difference of result by "total turnaround". The Souths V Wests is 41 point turnaround, not 81, as the Canterbury match is 56, not 78. That is the way it has been done all along. The idiot doing that stat is trying to re-write history.

thorson1987

Coach
He has the method wrong. It should be by difference of result by "total turnaround". The Souths V Wests is 41 point turnaround, not 81, as the Canterbury match is 56, not 78. That is the way it has been done all along. The idiot doing that stat is trying to re-write history.

Thoughts @madunit

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The stat is clearly explained. It is points scored in a win + the points scored in a loss.

That was explained from the outset, very clearly.

There's nothing wrong with it. Not rewriting anything.

If It said "Margin turnaround" then you'd be right. But it doesn't. It says points. And it explains how it's calculated. There's zero to whinge about.

GongPanther

Referee
The stat is clearly explained. It is points scored in a win + the points scored in a loss.

That was explained from the outset, very clearly.

There's nothing wrong with it. Not rewriting anything.

If It said "Margin turnaround" then you'd be right. But it doesn't. It says points. And it explains how it's calculated. There's zero to whinge about.
Yes, I did notice this, but never have I seen this method applied. So how long has this stat been around?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like I stated, I've never noticed that stat before. Unless you don't know, just simply state that you don't. No pressure mind you.
I don't know if it previously existed, I don't care if it did and most importantly, it does not matter if it did.

It is clearly defined and explained. You are one of 3 people who have whinged about it. And all 3 completely misunderstood it and then had a go at me because they didn't read the clear explanation properly. And then they let their ego refuse to let them accept that they made an error.

Just because you've never noticed something before doesn't make me an idiot.

Just because you refuse to understand a clearly explained formula, doesn't make me an idiot.

Why should there only be a few limited number of statistics that can only be used? The evolution and advancement of statistics is paramount to better analysis and understanding.

I think you need to get over it and move on with your whinge. It is a clearly explained statistic. If you don't like it, fine. If you don't understand it, or don't want to, fine.

That doesn't make me an idiot.

I don't seek an apology either. I've already accepted you got it wrong an that you'll never admit it.

And so, to save me wasting anymore of my time explaining the already explained to a disrespectful moron, if you wish to argue further, just reread my posts constantly until you wear yourself out.

I've got some new stats to put together just to piss you off even more.

Good day sir.

GongPanther

Referee
I don't know if it previously existed, I don't care if it did and most importantly, it does not matter if it did.

It is clearly defined and explained. You are one of 3 people who have whinged about it. And all 3 completely misunderstood it and then had a go at me because they didn't read the clear explanation properly. And then they let their ego refuse to let them accept that they made an error.

Just because you've never noticed something before doesn't make me an idiot.

Just because you refuse to understand a clearly explained formula, doesn't make me an idiot.

Why should there only be a few limited number of statistics that can only be used? The evolution and advancement of statistics is paramount to better analysis and understanding.

I think you need to get over it and move on with your whinge. It is a clearly explained statistic. If you don't like it, fine. If you don't understand it, or don't want to, fine.

That doesn't make me an idiot.

I don't seek an apology either. I've already accepted you got it wrong an that you'll never admit it.

And so, to save me wasting anymore of my time explaining the already explained to a disrespectful moron, if you wish to argue further, just reread my posts constantly until you wear yourself out.

I've got some new stats to put together just to piss you off even more.

Good day sir.
An idiot you are obviously not, and I clearly, in my mind, wasn't having a whinge. A frank and open discussion is what I thought I was having, and you've turned all defensive and offensive with the insults.

I don't have form in eluding that anyone in here is an idiot, or a moron. And in my lifetime, there hasn't been anyone who I have suitably dealt with who didn't have it coming to him.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
An idiot you are obviously not, and I clearly, in my mind, wasn't having a whinge. A frank and open discussion is what I thought I was having, and you've turned all defensive and offensive with the insults.

I don't have form in eluding that anyone in here is an idiot, or a moron. And in my lifetime, there hasn't been anyone who I have suitably dealt with who didn't have it coming to him.
You said

"The IDIOT doing that stat is trying to rewrite history"

That was me who wrote it and you attacked me without provocation, so you deserve and should expect some level of offence being taken.

GongPanther

Referee
You said

"The IDIOT doing that stat is trying to rewrite history"

That was me who wrote it and you attacked me without provocation, so you deserve and should expect some level of offence being taken.
Oh...I thought you got that from a statisticians website like channel Nine does. Like I said, I wasn't trying to provoke you, so it's all good?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did get it from a statisticians website. Mine. Rugby League Project.

I don't really give two hoots to be fair. But I'll defend myself when I've been called an idiot for no reason, as most humans do.

I've moved on.