What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The club is choosing McGregor over Frizell

Great too see you’ve got his best interest at heart.
If it was me, I’d be more like “shut the f up and play like your standing as one of the best forwards in the game, not the shit you dished up this year”

our club is a rabble but sick of players wanting out at the first sign shit gets tough. He wants to go then go and take that any other player who wants out.
The club is a rabble at the top level alright. The fans are uptight, the administration is lousy and it appears player/s want to desert the sinking ship. Things are at the lowest ebb in a long long time. The roster for 2020 looks as weak as ever particularly in the backs from midfield to full back. Judging by the comments on this forum there is no confidence the situation will improve anytime soon.

Old Timer

Coach
Great too see you’ve got his best interest at heart.
If it was me, I’d be more like “shut the f up and play like your standing as one of the best forwards in the game, not the shit you dished up this year”

our club is a rabble but sick of players wanting out at the first sign shit gets tough. He wants to go then go and take that any other player who wants out.
IMO it is this type of philosophy that has gotten us into the position we are are in today.
Frizz has been through lots of lows with this club and has been a model person both on and off the field. In fact his entire time at the club has been explorary
He is the exact person we need to sit and talk with to get a full understanding of what is wrong and telling him to "shut the f**k up and play" will do nothing to advance or rectify the situation.
We just engaged a consultant who has basically said to the fans "shut the f**k up and while you are at it suck it up" and I'm f**king positive we don't like that very much.
Frizz has had a taste of good coaching at the very highest level and he has all the while stuck solid with our club and its clueless coaching staff so I think your post is way too harsh on Frizz especially when you say "the 1st sign of shit" its been around ever since he joined the club.

TruSaint

Referee
Yeah, lets get stuck in to Frizzell.

Been with us since 2013 ( under the 2 most inept coaches in the history of the JV), has played for state and country, and after 6 years knowing full well nothing will change is seeking greener pastures.

He has more than stayed solid. 6 years he stuck by watching Sept footy from his porch in the main.

If the reports are to be believed, Gus apparently spoke to a handful of senior players, of which he was one. Seems to me, Tyson didn't swallow Goulds bullshit, and has been disillusioned for some time. When it was first rumoured he wanted out, the club sent him to the media like a hostage to say all is well.

moes

Bench
IMO it is this type of philosophy that has gotten us into the position we are are in today.
Frizz has been through lots of lows with this club and has been a model person both on and off the field. In fact his entire time at the club has been explorary
He is the exact person we need to sit and talk with to get a full understanding of what is wrong and telling him to "shut the f**k up and play" will do nothing to advance or rectify the situation.
We just engaged a consultant who has basically said to the fans "shut the f**k up and while you are at it suck it up" and I'm f**king positive we don't like that very much.
Frizz has had a taste of good coaching at the very highest level and he has all the while stuck solid with our club and its clueless coaching staff so I think your post is way too harsh on Frizz especially when you say "the 1st sign of shit" its been around ever since he joined the club.

It’s frizell not Smith, Thurston, slater etc. I do However understand your point re understanding the issues, particularly when it seems others aren’t happy either. Remember dragons made Tyson, he’s re-payed them with becoming a leader and solid player; however, this is the first year we’ve been disgraceful and the first year he’s been unhappy it would seem. I have no intel clearly but from the outside looking in he’s running away from the club at a time we need our big name players to galvanise and stick solid. We are a coach + probably 2 quality backs away from being a top 4 team. Must be something bad or other motives we don’t know about?
Anyway, it just irks me when our highest paid players seem to be the biggest non performers at time of need.

moes

Bench
Yeah, lets get stuck in to Frizzell.

Been with us since 2013 ( under the 2 most inept coaches in the history of the JV), has played for state and country, and after 6 years knowing full well nothing will change is seeking greener pastures.

He has more than stayed solid. 6 years he stuck by watching Sept footy from his porch in the main.

If the reports are to be believed, Gus apparently spoke to a handful of senior players, of which he was one. Seems to me, Tyson didn't swallow Goulds bullshit, and has been disillusioned for some time. When it was first rumoured he wanted out, the club sent him to the media like a hostage to say all is well.

Lol, it’s friz people. Good player I’d hate to see leave but he’s not going to win you a GF.

moes

Bench
Its not about him leaving. More to do with why.

As to talk of a GF, thats funny. Avoiding next years spoon is our target.

Sure.lets understand why he wants to leave. I’m certainly curious. If it’s JDB situation that won’t be the case next year you’d imagine.

TruSaint

Referee
Sure.lets understand why he wants to leave. I’m certainly curious. If it’s JDB situation that won’t be the case next year you’d imagine.

Yes mate. I hope the reasons come out. I have a feeling I know but am not in a position to post here.

I wasn't having a go at you.. In normal circumstances I would go with your sentiment, but sadly we live in a fricken twilight zone. I wouldn't be at all surprised if more leave.

TheFlash

Juniors
Buzz Rothfield mentioned last night on NRL 360 that Parra were 'talking to quite a big name edge forward' but wouldn't name him...........(and said not Ryan Matterson)
I heard Kikau, also Matterson to Titans, Proctor Eels???

moes

Bench
Yes mate. I hope the reasons come out. I have a feeling I know but am not in a position to post here.

I wasn't having a go at you.. In normal circumstances I would go with your sentiment, but sadly we live in a fricken twilight zone. I wouldn't be at all surprised if more leave.

Nah didn’t take it that way mate, trust me it’s killing me how this club has transformed into shit and the perceived lack of action to address; however, I’ve learnt not to get attached to players any more, they come & go. Funny enough it’s been that way since I almost necked myself when B Moz left lol.
Doesn’t sound good his (Tyson) reasoning however given your knowledge

TruSaint

Referee
Nah didn’t take it that way mate, trust me it’s killing me how this club has transformed into shit and the perceived lack of action to address; however, I’ve learnt not to get attached to players any more, they come & go. Funny enough it’s been that way since I almost necked myself when B Moz left lol.
Doesn’t sound good his (Tyson) reasoning however given your knowledge

All good matey.

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
If what I read is correct "Tyson wants to take his game to another level" it has nothing to do with De Belin, it has all to do with the current make believe coach.

Drakon

Juniors
I noticed on TV after the second Titans game when Mary was talking to Frizz in the dressing room that Frizz had the look of someone that didn't want to be talking to him. Thought it a bad sign at the time. Seems like maybe its all coming to fruition.

Old Timer

Coach
It’s frizell not Smith, Thurston, slater etc. I do However understand your point re understanding the issues, particularly when it seems others aren’t happy either. Remember dragons made Tyson, he’s re-payed them with becoming a leader and solid player; however, this is the first year we’ve been disgraceful and the first year he’s been unhappy it would seem. I have no intel clearly but from the outside looking in he’s running away from the club at a time we need our big name players to galvanise and stick solid. We are a coach + probably 2 quality backs away from being a top 4 team. Must be something bad or other motives we don’t know about?
Anyway, it just irks me when our highest paid players seem to be the biggest non performers at time of need.
Stick solid??
A club keeping a guy facing big criminal charges in the squad and around the team and renewing a coach with no ability for a further 2 years would be enough to strain the very best of relationships let alone commercial one's.
The club sticks solid with all the wrong people and lets the very best of the club slip through its fingers all for the want of a few bucks and a respectful ear that listens to legitimate concerns and opinions.
I've followed this lot for the best part of 60 years and only because of my dogged determination to see these merkins end up in hell do I keep on following them.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I would rather a keen Matterson than a disgruntled Frizell. Friz has been an awesome player for us but this was without a doubt his worst ever season. I’m not sure if injuries and Father Time have caught him or he is just stale but either way I think we can be nearly guaranteed that we will never see a 100% out of him again wearing the red V. It’s extremely sad but I think it’s more or less unavoidable at this point.