What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Got my tickets and I’m pumped. Haven’t been this pumped for a match in a few years. I don’t know if this poster is serious he occasionally says something intelligent but he’s off his meds or trolling at god level tier. I wish he ran the afl with these ‘ideas’

Rooster8

Juniors
So I'm going to be very optimistic here and predict that both the Roosters and Raiders come out of this weekend as our Grand Finalist. As per usual, we'll have our bandwagoners attending, so we should have the same amount of fans attend the GF as last year. Raiders will most likely organise buses etc but how many fans from Canberra will attend? I suspect some neutrals may attend (that haven't already purchased tickets) to watch the Raiders potentially win a GF. But given we (the Roosters) don't have the largest fanbase in RL, I don't think it will be a sell out GF. Maybe a little larger crowd than last year.

In another situation, if both the Roosters and Rabbits win this weekend, then I suspect the GF will sell out due to the rivalry within half a week.

Valheru

Coach
So I'm going to be very optimistic here and predict that both the Roosters and Raiders come out of this weekend as our Grand Finalist. As per usual, we'll have our bandwagoners attending, so we should have the same amount of fans attend the GF as last year. Raiders will most likely organise buses etc but how many fans from Canberra will attend? I suspect some neutrals may attend (that haven't already purchased tickets) to watch the Raiders potentially win a GF. But given we (the Roosters) don't have the largest fanbase in RL, I don't think it will be a sell out GF. Maybe a little larger crowd than last year.

In another situation, if both the Roosters and Rabbits win this weekend, then I suspect the GF will sell out due to the rivalry within half a week.

There would be less roosters fans than last year because there would be a tonne more raiders fans than storm.

We dominated that crowd last year comprehensively.

Last edited:

Quicksilver

Bench
Re: Grand final.

If Raiders make it they’ll bring a decent crowd because it’s been a while.

Souths have a decent supporter base but they probably won’t be confident of a win.

Roosters should bring whatever they usually bring,

Melbourne- just another year of whatever

70548382_10156990455928074_5804078792175517696_n.jpg

VictoryFC

Bench
F*ck yes!!!

This is why i want to see the ARLC shorten the NRL regular season. We had 26round of clubs and fans going through the motions. Its not until the event games that it turns up a notch.

Shorten the season, make each game more important and aim for this at least every few weeks

What does the length of a season have to do with Canberra hosting a preliminary final?

If the season was 15 weeks long, and Canberra were hosting Souths in the regular season, there'd be 9-10k at the game.

You said yourself, people turn up to watch event games. Event games are mostly during the finals, not the regular season. Shortening the season all of a sudden won't turn each game into an event. It'll just shorten the season with no guarantee of an uptick in crowds.

In any case, they're not going to shorten the season because the money mostly comes from broadcasters. So the discussion is about as useful as talking about the introduction of a 2nd ball from the 57th minute onward.

VictoryFC

Bench
Based on what exactly? We had 16,965 there for Canberra vs Souths just this year.

And we had a 24 game season.

So, as I was saying, Canberra's sellout is the outcome of a good season, and that it's hosting a prelim. It has nothing to do with the amount of rounds in a season. And shortening the season isn't going to turn every Raiders game in a 20k crowd as Hello seems to think.

T-Boon

Coach
And we had a 24 game season.

So, as I was saying, Canberra's sellout is the outcome of a good season, and that it's hosting a prelim. It has nothing to do with the amount of rounds in a season. And shortening the season isn't going to turn every Raiders game in a 20k crowd as Hello seems to think.

If you shortened it enough it would. Probably.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
So what are the odds of a decent crowd at the NSW Cup GF on Sunday?
- No competing NRL
- First at Bankwest
- Close to Wenty
- Eels already eliminated
- Strongly supported Jets

They should be putting a call out to all Eels fans and those Jets fans that attended the record game at Henson earlier in the year.

How good would it be to one day have a GF Day like the SAFL for instance.

Burns

First Grade
So what are the odds of a decent crowd at the NSW Cup GF on Sunday?
- No competing NRL
- First at Bankwest
- Close to Wenty
- Eels already eliminated
- Strongly supported Jets

They should be putting a call out to all Eels fans and those Jets fans that attended the record game at Henson earlier in the year.

How good would it be to one day have a GF Day like the SAFL for instance.
Coupe of thousands tops. The lack of attention the NSW Cup gets is always a mystery to me.

Latest posts