What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
The hardest part for the broncos trying to offload merkins is they cant pay broncos dollars as part of their contribution ... whatever they agree to pay is all on their cap

If he is on 800k now, probably 200k is broncos dollars off the cap, so if a team will only take him for 400k they probably only save 200k

Soto

Bench
The hardest part for the broncos trying to offload merkins is they cant pay broncos dollars as part of their contribution ... whatever they agree to pay is all on their cap

If he is on 800k now, probably 200k is broncos dollars off the cap, so if a team will only take him for 400k they probably only save 200k
I think everyone is extremely cautious because unfortunately for Bird he is considered too big a risk..damaged goods

Djay

Juniors
Just heard the Frizzell rumour again on the radio, I know for a fact someone is coming and if it ends up being Frizzell then we acquired EXACTLY what we need, he would give us what we are craving. Hard running, tough rep edge forward.

Along with RCG then we have a serious forward pack and no reason why we couldn’t improve on this year and enter a premiership window.

Djay

Juniors
I’d take Frizzell before all the other back rowers being bandied around.

We need to stiffen our defence. The likes of Kikau and Matterson will not achieve that. This is why I’d take Josh Jackson too.
Not being greedy but along with RCG and Frizzell (if it were to happen) someone like Jackson and I know Prior has been thrown around would be awesome to have in our squad as well to stiffen up our middle defence.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Bulldog Ritchie was just on the BSB show and basically said there is talk of the eels about to sign a big name edge forward however it’s all top secret and several journos haven’t been able to confirm who.

He said he doesn’t know who but said having a guess it may be Jackson, Crichton (so roosters can chase Arrow) or Frizzell. His guess was Frizzell.

The story must have some “legs”, Ritchie may be a goose however he rarely talks about signing rumours on the BSB.

Djay

Juniors
Bulldog Ritchie was just on the BSB show and basically said there is talk of the eels about to sign a big name edge forward however it’s all top secret and several journos haven’t been able to confirm who.

He said he doesn’t know who but said having a guess it may be Jackson, Crichton (so roosters can chase Arrow) or Frizzell. His guess was Frizzell.

The story must have some “legs”, Ritchie may be a goose however he rarely talks about signing rumours on the BSB.
Yea heard that too on BSB, it’s starting to get some legs and it makes sense with the rumours earlier on in the year and what Buzz mentioned on 360 on Monday also.

Incorrect

Coach

Big fan of Tyson, would be great to land him...

I just wish the pronunciation of his surname sounded more like sizzle, instead of sizelle.... So that if he ever put in a man of the match performance in a wet weather game, the newspaper headline could read "Frizzell is the Shizzle in the Drizzle"....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Like to know how how retention of Dylbags and Sivo is going. Last we heard we were in negotiations but thats all.

Gronk

Staff member
The article about Frizzel said that he wanted to leave STG to the unnamed club to further his career. Well that can't be us bc we are a shit club with shit players and a shit coach.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Jnr
Evans
RCG
Brown
Nuikore
Alvaro
Stone
Terepo
Kaufusi
Stefano

I make that 5 legit first graders, 3 suitable backups and 2 promising juniors/ projects. Admit that Nuikore is an edge but he has middle tendencies and with Lane and unnamed recruit (Frizzzellle??) and Taka on the bench, do we need more?

I'm not counting likely top 30 players who are not really in the first grade mix without bulk injuries, such as Gower.

Incorrect

Coach
The article about Frizzel said that he wanted to leave STG to the unnamed club to further his career. Well that can't be us bc we are a shit club with shit players and a shit coach.
Was just about to post the same thing... Except I was going to post the word 'shit' in capital letters but I think you've managed to capture everyone's feelings adequately. Thanks Gronk, good job...

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Is he?

I dont know but he looks like a prop to me.

Lacks the skill, line running, fitness to be an edge forward in the current game.
yep, that's why I said he has middle tendencies. With a recruit like Frizz or Matterson he will likely be used more in the middle in the future i think. Anyway, the point for me is if we recruit too many we run the risk of blocking the youngsters who are unproven, but we are a development club. I wouldn't like to read the outrage on here if Stefano or Kaufusi leave.

Latest posts