What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

franklin2323

Immortal
True. I guess there’s little doubt due to the fact that almost every single player that we’ve let go to rival clubs were still under contract to us.

The money that we would be contributing would easily add up to 1M+

Blake assuming was on $600k. Why would we be paying $200k of that for 5 years? I think we would of paid some but not that much for the whole deal

Kilkenny

Coach
I’d believe a mill over 4 years between Reggie and Waqa.

I can totally understand they may be circumstances in which a club would pay a portion of a players contract when they are looking to free up salary cap space. However, at most you may kick in for the first year, perhaps even the second year but not for three or four. In the case of RCG for example we would have been better of sucking it up and just keeping him as opposed to paying a quarter or worse still a third of his contract for the next four years. Cost benefit analysis it doesn’t make sense if we are that desperate that we pay a portion of his contract for the remaining four years may as well just keep him and hope he rediscovers his better form.

Pomoz

Bench
1 million a year equates to 250k a season. Divided between two players is $125k each a year. That is nothing and can easily be offset by getting a junior to deliver the same level of performance. If that's what it has cost, that is good business. The trouble is we don't really know.

Latest posts