What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Offsiders

The Irish bird struggles as well. Just spots cliches without making any real points.

All the ‘Sports Journalists’ look like they’d fit in more at an art exhibition than a sporting event. Especially the blokes.

The Irish bird deserves a seat due to that hair-do alone.

It is magnificent.

taipan

Referee
It's the far far far far left ABC.

Soon they'll be denouncing competitive sport as causing climate change.

They've heard Gus go off his tree last Friday night, the extremely hot air coming from his lips, could be felt in the Gobi desert.

Apart from farting cows, the decimation of the Amazon, coal fired power stations, and my Maserati thundering through my imagination, it's Gus and the NRL that is the main global environmental issue of today.

Cactus

Juniors
Apparently he plays club cricket.

Imagine the dread his poor teammates feel every Saturday when he rocks up on a go kart powered by his sense of self satisfaction.

Thats not a go kart.

Its a country members golf cart/limousine powered by the fumes from decaying truffles freshly imported from France.

Gideon Haig.

Loves nothing more than the smell of his own farts, wearing 12 year old cricket polos you wouldn’t mow the lawn in, on air and strangling the laces on a pair of shitty old Aerosport sneakers.

you sure he’s not referencing Peter Lalor...

I actually don’t mind Gideon Haigh, he’s pretty considered and balanced in what he says. Never over or understated and doesn’t speak unless he’s informed on the subject... He’s very ABC. By the way feel free to sledge me here...

As for Peter Lalor... the bloke is completely full of himself... He might be rational on his cricket views (his sports “expertise”) but he dishes up absolute gobsh1te on other sports, and pot-shots the NRL regularly.. there are journos who play the outage angle too much to try and make themselves relevant in the competitive media market - but this bloke is pure uninformed snobbish elitism at its finest...

ironhorse

Juniors
John Stanley is a gws ambassador. Not sure if it's a paid gig.
You would think so. Even if there was no cash consideration surely the afl would be kicking the tin for travel, accom, expenses and so on otherwise he would not be an 'ambassador' he would be called a fan. Makes sense, get media types to casually talking afl at every opportunity in SYD. Anyway stanley was talking yesterday on radio about the ANZ stadium fiasco with a political reporter and surprise surprise conversation turned to afl and how now because gws are premiers the crowds will grow so leaving ANZ as a ground is viable. Wtf? I thought the final was being played on Saturday.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Geez if the Gnats win on Saturday,Stanley will be running the Fluffsiders ,thus an unbearable AFL show will become even more nauseating.
I'll make sure I've got a chunder bag nearby on Sunday morning.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
What gets me about the ABC's perceived dislike of RL, is what makes RL so anti left-wing anyway? It's an inclusive working-class game that touches on all of the liberal buzz topics. They are just pure elitist snobs that have decided they are above RL, there is no other way to put it.

mongoose

Coach
What gets me about the ABC's perceived dislike of RL, is what makes RL so anti left-wing anyway? It's an inclusive working-class game that touches on all of the liberal buzz topics. They are just pure elitist snobs that have decided they are above RL, there is no other way to put it.

League probably has the best relationship and history with Indigenous Australians than any sport. Certainly better than their beloved AFL. Would be hard for the ABC to swallow since they can't stand League yet want to be seen as standing up for Indigenous Aussies.

j5o6hn

Juniors
Stanley will be lost for words after the total & utter humiliation of GWS in the AFLGF maybe a few players will move on after that
No ticker tape should be interesting watching him squirm

Latest posts