What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Anyway, the point for me is if we recruit too many we run the risk of blocking the youngsters who are unproven, but we are a development club. I wouldn't like to read the outrage on here if Stefano or Kaufusi leave.

Don’t think recruiting RCG / an edge forward will block any junior if they are good enough. I am asuming with those signings any additional signings are probably depth and not top 17.

The unknown edge forward wouId replace Manu.

Assuming our starting pack stays the same RCG would probably go to the bench.

That leaves 3 bench spots, however Marata probably takes one. That leaves 2 spots for who ever is good enough between (in order of experience that are here in 2020):

Taka (assuming he will stay.)
Peni
alvaro
Stone
Kaufusi
Stefo

Peni / Alvaro played NSW cup this year so BA has no problem dropping them if there is someone better. Taka is most likely looked at as an edge / centre back up so wouldn’t block Kaufusi/Stefo

Taking into consideration injuries, I reckon there will be plenty of opportunities for kaufusi/Stefo in 2020.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Don’t think recruiting RCG / an edge forward will block any junior if they are good enough. I am asuming with those signings any additional signings are probably depth and not top 17.

That leaves 3 bench spots, however Marata probably takes one. That leaves 2 spots for who ever is good enough between (in order of experience that are here in 2020):

Peni
alvaro
Stone
Kaufusi
Stefo

Peni / Alvaro played NSW cup this year so BA has no problem dropping them if there is someone better. Taka is most likely looked at as an edge / centre back up so wouldn’t block Kaufusi/Stefo

Taking into consideration injuries, I reckon there will be plenty of opportunities for kaufusi/Stefo in 2020.

Agree with all of that.

84 Baby

Referee

Peni
alvaro
Stone
Kaufusi
Stefo

I reckon RCG starts.

The players blocking Kaufusi/Stefano are Alvaro and Penis Torpedo for now. I reckon if Stefano puts in a good off/preseason, he’ll leapfrog Penishands and Kaufusi, and at least push Alvaro for a bench spot

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I reckon RCG starts.

The players blocking Kaufusi/Stefano are Alvaro and Penis Torpedo for now. I reckon if Stefano puts in a good off/preseason, he’ll leapfrog Penishands and Kaufusi, and at least push Alvaro for a bench spot

RCG is best off the bench. Paulo and Evans have earned starting spots for next year imo

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
RCG and Evans’s’s games are fairly similar. It’ll likely come down to motor sizes but I think a good RCG game is slightly more bankable than an Evans one. Ultimately as long as they do their efforts to their rotations, it doesn’t really matter

I reckon having RCG on for the majority of the time when Paulo is off, ensures we don’t struggle during the middle of the game as we have at times this year when our starting props are both on the bench.

I think a paulo / Evan and RCG / Marata is a better pairing then Evans / Marata (if RCG started).

Gazzamatta

Coach
The article about Frizzel said that he wanted to leave STG to the unnamed club to further his career. Well that can't be us bc we are a shit club with shit players and a shit coach.
Id argue Gronky that our roster and club are becoming less shit. A bit tough there mate.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Evans had a few terrific games. Unfortunately he peaked too early and was back to his old form in his last two games. I reckon hes a bit of an unknown next year. It is a contract year however so that might motivate him for greater consistency.
Have we had second thoughts on Mennings and Taka? It all gone pretty quiet on this pair. Mennings was outplayed by Scott last week. I recall him pushing Mennings off easily in one try scoring movement.
Both can potentially fall off the form cliff again next year. I reckon there might be better value for money for this pair out there. Change is good.

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon having RCG on for the majority of the time when Paulo is off, ensures we don’t struggle during the middle of the game as we have at times this year when our starting props are both on the bench.

I think a paulo / Evan and RCG / Marata is a better pairing then Evans / Marata (if RCG started).
Because Paulo can play long minutes, I doubt it will be 2 men rotations. Regardless of who starts for significant portions it will either be Jnr/RCG, Jnr/Evans or RCG/Evans

Avenger

Immortal
Evans had a few terrific games. Unfortunately he peaked too early and was back to his old form in his last two games. I reckon hes a bit of an unknown next year. It is a contract year however so that might motivate him for greater consistency.
Have we had second thoughts on Mennings and Taka? It all gone pretty quiet on this pair. Mennings was outplayed by Scott last week. I recall him pushing Mennings off easily in one try scoring movement.
Both can potentially fall off the form cliff again next year. I reckon there might be better value for money for this pair out there. Change is good.
I’d be passing on both. Michael Jennings is slow. Melbourne are releasing Chambers. I think they are the same age, whilst we are giving Jennings 2 more years ?

One year I could understand but 2? No chance.

Gronk

Staff member
Id argue Gronky that our roster and club are becoming less shit. A bit tough there mate.

I admit that it's hard to keep up. Far better judges than me had me convinced that we are shit from top to bottom. Good to know that we are less shit than I thought.

Latest posts