What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Phoned the club earlier today and told them that I will not be renewing my membership.
Lovely young lady said it shall be done , but will keep my name on the books just in case I should change my mind .

Explained the reason why to her which her response was “ oh you are not the only member ( now ex -member ) to do so . Let’s hope that things shall improve next season “ .

Shame about that but most unfortunately the time has come to hit the beggars where it will really hurt and that is in their wallet .

Walking the walk.

These things aren’t just gestures, reports of people like you are often forwarded up the line.

This will hasten change and support the insurgents in the club who are plotting against Mary. Helps their cause.

Well done.

getsmarty

Immortal
Part 2

Inability to accept shortcomings and demonstrate leadership

Andrew Webster recently wrote about the Dragons ‘season from hell’, noting the de Belin and Widdop issues, but also questioning some of the other excuses offered.

For a period McGregor’s press conferences became a catchphrase bingo as he noted the opposition scored tries from kicks (as if they don’t count) among other odd pronouncements.

In April after losing to the Roosters, McGregor repeatedly referred to them as ‘the best team in the world’.

In June he said that ‘If we stop the game after 30 minutes we’re in the top four’.

In July he said the team had “next level distractions and no element of luck”.

When the team had slid to 14th McGregor declared that “we can win [the comp]”.

McGregor is well supported by a revolving cast of assistants who appear to take the fall for the team’s results.

In addition to Demetriou and Head being moved on despite their success, reports are that Ben Hornby, Mick Crawley and maybe Dean Young are also on their way out after 2019.

They join the numerous other backroom staff that the Dragons have cycled through in the McGregor years. Across town, Trent Robinson supported the ambitious Adam O’Brien’s interest in the top job at Newcastle, saying “That’s what head coaches are there for. We are there to develop and progress, and he is good enough for the job.” The difference in leadership philosophy and respect is stark.

Throughout 2019 there has been a deafening silence from the Dragons CEO and board as records tumbled.

The club made prominent noises about a Gould review late in the season, only for it to appear to be a sham. The press release noted that Gould had ‘agreed to take part in aspects’ of the review.

Gould later acknowledged he was not being paid, and was involved “as a favour to Dragons coach and good friend Paul McGregor, who will not be under pressure.”

The Dragons are crumbling with McGregor at the helm.

Removing responsibilities has not worked and nor has cycling through assistants. For the sake of the fans, I hope that there is more happening behind the scenes than it appears.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/09/24/sorry-mary-its-time-to-go/

Gareth67

First Grade
Walking the walk.

These things aren’t just gestures, reports of people like you are often forwarded up the line.

This will hasten change and support the insurgents in the club who are plotting against Mary. Helps their cause.

Well done.

I most sincerely hope so , as at my age that lovely Dragon scarf comes in handy on those cold , cold winter days .

Red V for life

Juniors
Phoned the club earlier today and told them that I will not be renewing my membership.
Lovely young lady said it shall be done , but will keep my name on the books just in case I should change my mind .

Explained the reason why to her which her response was “ oh you are not the only member ( now ex -member ) to do so . Let’s hope that things shall improve next season “ .

Shame about that but most unfortunately the time has come to hit the beggars where it will really hurt and that is in their wallet .
Got my renew email and for the first time deleted it immediately.

Rather than make me feel good, it’s really pi$$ed me off as I’ve lost all enthusiasm. I only ever used to watch Dragons games. Now I just watch quality games (which don’t include the Dragons).

Pi$$ed off. Really pi$$ed off.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I most sincerely hope so , as at my age that lovely Dragon scarf comes in handy on those cold , cold winter days .

Sheer ruddy luxury, mate.
I still have my old 1971 Marist Brothers Kogarah red & greyist white school tie, which is thread bare l might add, to keep me warm during these chilly Gold Coast nights.

Well done for phoning the club, mate.
I'm thinking of phoning them too ............ and l don't have a membership!

SACK McGREGOR!

Gareth67

First Grade
I still have my old 1971 Marist Brothers Kogarah red & greyist white school tie, which is thread bare l might add, to keep me warm during these chilly Gold Coast nights.

SACK McGREGOR!

Hang on to those keepsakes OKI they are worth their weight in gold - but you already know that mate .

Back to the membership I managed to speak to a gal whom was level headed and basically sympathized with just how the situation is with the team itself which to me means that there is a definite rumbling noise starting to begin - hopefully all the way to the corridors of power.

We can only hope that this is the case - similar to the old classical piece from the early centuries titled ‘ In the Hall of the Mountain King ‘ . ( Well worth listening to if you are a classical music buff .)

Last edited:

Really dislike 'let's hope that things shall improve next year'. The reality of the imposter continuing and the club merely hoping against hope that things will improve. Makes me sick.

Straight Shooter

SACK McGREGOR!
What about some reverse psychology....
Call them and tell them that IF they sack McGregor, you will become a member immediately.
It can't hurt.

Qapm

Juniors
Part 2

Inability to accept shortcomings and demonstrate leadership

Andrew Webster recently wrote about the Dragons ‘season from hell’, noting the de Belin and Widdop issues, but also questioning some of the other excuses offered.

For a period McGregor’s press conferences became a catchphrase bingo as he noted the opposition scored tries from kicks (as if they don’t count) among other odd pronouncements.

In April after losing to the Roosters, McGregor repeatedly referred to them as ‘the best team in the world’.

In June he said that ‘If we stop the game after 30 minutes we’re in the top four’.

In July he said the team had “next level distractions and no element of luck”.

When the team had slid to 14th McGregor declared that “we can win [the comp]”.

McGregor is well supported by a revolving cast of assistants who appear to take the fall for the team’s results.

In addition to Demetriou and Head being moved on despite their success, reports are that Ben Hornby, Mick Crawley and maybe Dean Young are also on their way out after 2019.

They join the numerous other backroom staff that the Dragons have cycled through in the McGregor years. Across town, Trent Robinson supported the ambitious Adam O’Brien’s interest in the top job at Newcastle, saying “That’s what head coaches are there for. We are there to develop and progress, and he is good enough for the job.” The difference in leadership philosophy and respect is stark.

Throughout 2019 there has been a deafening silence from the Dragons CEO and board as records tumbled.

The club made prominent noises about a Gould review late in the season, only for it to appear to be a sham. The press release noted that Gould had ‘agreed to take part in aspects’ of the review.

Gould later acknowledged he was not being paid, and was involved “as a favour to Dragons coach and good friend Paul McGregor, who will not be under pressure.”

The Dragons are crumbling with McGregor at the helm.

Removing responsibilities has not worked and nor has cycling through assistants. For the sake of the fans, I hope that there is more happening behind the scenes than it appears.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/09/24/sorry-mary-its-time-to-go/

Only thing I dont like about this article is the polite title.

Should be "Pi$$ Off Mary You F^@#*&^ Wa^%#$"

Gareth67

First Grade
Really dislike 'let's hope that things shall improve next year'. The reality of the imposter continuing and the club merely hoping against hope that things will improve. Makes me sick.

Straight Shooter

We could go one step further and suggest that the woman was being paid a bonus for each membership that was renewed, however being somewhat old fashioned in my ways I would prefer to accept her remark as being genuinely sympathetic towards the Dragons plight .

By the way O.V . should that little (?) tummy of yours still be giving you the shats , then may i suggest that you take a couple of Bex powders and have a good lie down .:flushed:

Last edited:
We could go one step further and suggest that the woman was being paid a bonus for each membership that was renewed, however being somewhat old fashioned in my ways I would prefer to accept her remark as being genuinely sympathetic towards the Dragons plight .

By the way O.V . should that little (?) tummy of yours still be giving you the shats , then may i suggest that you take a couple of Bex powders and have a good lie down .:flushed:

Yeah, she’s just at the frontline and has no real choice in the matter.

My licenced club is full of people who are often pretty hopeless at customer service. One abused me once by complete mistake-swore and carried on and then he realised it and apologised about 5 times. I didn’t report him or anything.

I kind of expect them to be slow, disorganised and full of mistakes. A bit like Mary. They spill drinks, bludge out the back, ignore you for ages. The ice in the drinks spills over into the bar. If you are punting and the machine break, nobody knows how to fix it. Fawtly towers of licences club land.

I am used to it now, it doesn’t bother me, the members we like it.

A fair few of them could have done a lot better in coaching than effing Mary.

It takes real and enormous talent to take a top 4 side on paper and then send it hurtling to the spoon in under a year. Even my beloved club boofs couldn’t manage that.

Last edited:
New club merchandise:

2020 Members get a free club timepiece to enjoy during the game.

677C0403-FA5D-4584-9518-DDD50517318B.jpeg
Cuts out after 30 minutes. $45.70

Fans renewing their memberships for the third or more consecutive year can pre-order their exclusive stylish T ( known to be a big hit with star Tyson Frizelle):

B3D6004D-5909-43F4-A7AD-2AB671E1ACD0.jpeg
$56.25 hurry, only available until stocks run out.

Concept credit: Gareth67.

“ Rookies again for 2020” was a very ill conceived comment and destroyed peoples hopes.

It meant that a number of painful years and sacrifice stood for nothing.

He’d be better off not sharing his views with people.

Not that people are listening anymore.

Nothing can save him, he’s had his run now ffs Sgi sack him.

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
As the coach is safe after coming second last, the club doesn't give a stuff about making the eight let alone winning a comp, I am all for the players bailing.

Imagine how the players feel, they are professionals and have to go to work while the board which have had their "differences settled". I can't see what needs to be settled other than the coach that is "hurting" the most.

Until the changes that are obvious are made, the club can wallow in the bottom four as it is a reflection on the sad state of affairs the clubs in.

69414746_538890840007400_3192881234762006528_o.jpg

Latest posts