What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matty Johns Podcast

axl rose

Bench
He’s also too quick to downplay his achievements and portray himself as the party animal every chance he gets, which is really boring now.
As rare as a Daryl Broham self deprecating fat joke.

Did Paul Kent really say he was asked to a do a Gus Gould style review on clubs and he turned them down? surely I misheard that. Not that id ever accuse a journalist of having an over-inflated sense of ego.

edabomb

First Grade
I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. It’s no secret he’s been battling some major demons and it’s easy to forget to take meds or for things to get out of whack quickly. He definitely wasn’t “right” though.

He’s also too quick to downplay his achievements and portray himself as the party animal every chance he gets, which is really boring now. I actually think he was a more than decent player and has some RL smarts about him in the commentary space that others can only dream of (Anasta, I’m looking at you).

I hope it’s a one-off because I think he offers plenty and it’d be a shame for him to waste it.

It's classic attention seeking behaviour. He'll bring any convo back to himself by trying to make some self depreciating joke. He also has a terrible over the top laugh at anything vaguely humorous. Definitely one of worst pundits around as a result, which is a shame as he's quite charismatic.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think he was drugged etc.

He looked a combination of tired and drunk.

The fidgeting was classic drunk person movements to stay awake. The way he thumped his hand on the disk accidentally, genuine loss of motor skills due to alcohol.

Touching the face is also classic drunk behaviour to keep the face awake.

Perth Red

Post Whore

The fidgeting was classic drunk person movements to stay awake. The way he thumped his hand on the disk accidentally, genuine loss of motor skills due to alcohol.

alcohol is a CNS depressant, he would have been slurring his speech and heavy eyed if it had been on the drink, he was buzzing.

nrlnrl

First Grade
That’s just how he talks I think. Great chat though.
Exactly, he's just a real knockabout bloke with great vision & actually follows through on his ideas as much as possible - so many stories. Such a shame he didn't get involved as an owner of an NRL team.

Dave's mate

Juniors

Lol nope. 100% on a coke/ice/speed/pinga binge

I heard Finchy on ABC Grandstand on Saturday, he sounded coherent and back to normal... Hopefully all continues on the up and up for him...

Finch has mental health issues. As someone who has similar problems I can tell you some days you are good, other days not so good hence that is why Finch can appear a bit "all over the shop" from time to time.

ram raid

Bench
Lol nope. 100% on a coke/ice/speed/pinga binge

Yeah you know how like when you're on the 5th day of a charge and you have an important work meeting to go to, so you do some lines in the toilet before, of course, just to blow out the cobwebs, but you do more than you usually do, because you're so tired, and you have gotta perform, but you overshoot the runway, and you don't have any vodka to reel yourself back in, so you end up raving and twitching like a spastic? .. maybe like that. Or maybe not.

j5o6hn

Juniors
I,m sorry I hate Singo with a passion a drunken old wanna be stand over man I loath him & his radio stations

BestHookerRein

Juniors

yeah definitely drunk.....

ON A COCKTAIL OF DRUGS