What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exsilium

First Grade
I don’t think our club has a recruitment plan.

They’ll just nab bargains and hope our overrated juniors fire us into the stratosphere.

Ivan Cleary 101

- sign plodders and has beens
- claim we’re in a rebuild
- avoid accountability for poor results

Kilkenny

Coach
No disrespect intended but maybe the reason no one knows outside a select few is because some people can’t be trusted with confidential information that may jeopardise a contract/TPA.

Yes, that could entirely be the case.

Having said that indirect source, thru may son, is almost always 99% spot on, so when he says to my son he has a no mail on any confirmed signings I would take that as a given.

There is no doubt plenty in the works, there has to be, given how many spots we have to fill, but the rumours around Dylan Walker, JWH and Co I would tread wearily because I don/t think they are anywhere near done deals.

I don’t think our club has a recruitment plan.

They’ll just nab bargains and hope our overrated juniors fire us into the stratosphere.

Ivan Cleary 101

- sign plodders and has beens
- claim we’re in a rebuild
- avoid accountability for poor results

I get the cynicism, but the fact they recruited a hooker before anyone else says they at least identified a major weakness.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yes, that could entirely be the case.

Having said that indirect source, thru may son, is almost always 99% spot on, so when he says to my son he has a no mail on any confirmed signings I would take that as a given.

There is no doubt plenty in the works, there has to be, given how many spots we have to fill, but the rumours around Dylan Walker, JWH and Co I would tread wearily because I don/t think they are anywhere near done deals.

Did your son know about Appi comming before time ?

maple_69

Bench
I think this side probably needs a more dynamic/athletic centre in order to be effective but I reckon Whare could still be very effective in the right team. Outside of losing a bit of pace, we just don’t give him the chance to use his biggest asset in his passing. Not many centres better at putting their winger away. Same with Mansour and finishing. They’re limited but we make em look much worse than they are.

BxTom

Bench
And some smart football minds involved. I'd back Brandy over most people doing recruiting elsewhere
So what is Brandy's coaching and recruitment record? You wouldn't know would you...

He was a great player, but that doesn't necessarily translate to coaching and/or recruitment.

MugaB

Coach
So what is Brandy's coaching and recruitment record? You wouldn't know would you...

He was a great player, but that doesn't necessarily translate to coaching and/or recruitment.
I'd say as the current nsw advisor, plus able to see most games thru commentating, he has good track record to at least advise on recruitment, i'd take his word for penriths wellbeing for the club over anyone else.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think this side probably needs a more dynamic/athletic centre in order to be effective but I reckon Whare could still be very effective in the right team. Outside of losing a bit of pace, we just don’t give him the chance to use his biggest asset in his passing. Not many centres better at putting their winger away. Same with Mansour and finishing. They’re limited but we make em look much worse than they are.
Whare bombed a few opportunities in 2019 to put his winger away. Half a decade ago he was arguably the best in the competition at it.

But in the past 4 seasons he has played 59 games for 9 try assists. He hasnt been the same since his ACL injury. He just had his worst season in the NRL aside from 2016 where he was limited to part of 1 game.

I think he would be a fantastic depth player. Great for helping develop centres in the lower grades. But considering his age and form trajectory since his ACL injury in 2016 its very unlikely we will see him at anywhere near that level again.

BxTom

Bench
I'd say as the current nsw advisor, plus able to see most games thru commentating, he has good track record to at least advise on recruitment, i'd take his word for penriths wellbeing for the club over anyone else.
So other than Ivan, who has he ever recruited? Nobody!

franklin2323

Immortal

Didn't he select the last 2 origin squads that has gone back to back? Wasn't all him but had a part in getting players to suit Freddies style

franklin2323

Immortal
I never said he has, or hasn't, just saying brandy would or could be a good judge on potential signings

You look at the NSW team neither year has had what I would call the best 17 the state has. They were all what suited Fittler. Just do the same here get us a squad that has depth and fits the style going forward whatever that is

MugaB

Coach
You look at the NSW team neither year has had what I would call the best 17 the state has. They were all what suited Fittler. Just do the same here get us a squad that has depth and fits the style going forward whatever that is
Yes it was the "no DikHed policy"
I wonder if we can follow that policy too

Which should rule out dylan walker and ryan matterson i suppose

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.