What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Sydney showing its love for the game as usual. An opportunity to see the best two teams in the Comp chock a block with the worlds best players going at it hammer and tong for a gf spot. Get off your sofas and go and enjoy what will be an amazing game of RL people.

Sorry mate but my sofa and cold beer & wine will be me.

The SCG is hopeless to watch the game. I went there for the Souths & roosters game and really had trouble differentiating between the players

I’ll never go to another game there....ever

Dark Corner

Juniors

The SCG is hopeless to watch the game. I went there for the Souths & roosters game and really had trouble differentiating between the players

FFS its finals and you can go back home home and watch highlights with yer Cold beer, Wolf Blass and coke mate...get of yer arse and turn up like the the aerial ping pong boys

horrie hastings

First Grade
Back in 2004 for the Preliminary final between the Roosters and Cowboys at ANZ, the SFS/SCG Gold Members could get 4 tickets each for the game.

horrie hastings

First Grade

While I agree the SCG is hopeless to watch league at the team I follow the Roosters play there while awaiting a new home ground and apart from work getting in the way sometimes I get to as many games live as I can.

Cockosh

Juniors
While I agree the SCG is hopeless to watch league at the team I follow the Roosters play there while awaiting a new home ground and apart from work getting in the way sometimes I get to as many games live as I can.
Same. The scg has grown on me tbh. Not as bad as I first expected. The seats in oreilly aren’t that bad. A bit far from field but probably no worse than Anz I’d guess. Nothing beats watching live especially when there’s a decent crowd

Warriors Fever

Juniors

Are you a roosters fan? If so you should definitely go and ride the wave to another gf.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Same. The scg has grown on me tbh. Not as bad as I first expected. The seats in oreilly aren’t that bad. A bit far from field but probably no worse than Anz I’d guess. Nothing beats watching live especially when there’s a decent crowd

Yeah I agree it has grown on me to an extent, been sitting in the Noble Stand and even though you are behind the in goal you get to see the whole sweep of the field, I went around to see where my brother sits in the top tier of the Ladies Stand, field seemed a bit closer but the I reckon the angle would do me head in having to watch a whole game there.Facility wise the SCG is good overall. We were spoiled rotten for viewing a game from the SFS, wasn’t a bad seat in the house view wise.

skeepe

Immortal
I don’t understand Sydney league fans not wanting to watch the two best teams all year go at it.

When I lived in Sydney from 2002-2004, I went to every game I could, especially Roosters games. I f**king hate the Roosters, but they had an amazing team and played just magical rugby league. You were doing yourself a dis-service if you missed it.

I was there when the Chooks beat the Dogs 35-0 and there were brawls all through the stands.

I was there to see Brett Kimmorley’s perfect game against the Knights.

I was there when Greg Bird kneed Shane Marteene in the head.

I was there for the debut of a kid called Sonny Bill Williams.

I was there to farewell Freddy.

So many more highlights in games that didn’t involve my team.

Come on Sydney, there’s no excuse.

The Marshall

Juniors
From a neutrals point of view there is very little to be excited between the Roosters and Storm. The have been so heavily involved in finals over the last few years that it doesn't really get the juices flowing anymore it is more of case of been there done that. There doesn't seem to be much of heated rivalry between the sides either it just seems like such a sterile contest between two clinical teams. There will more then likely some great footy played but its not enough to entice me to watch a game between two teams I don't support at stadium that is terrible to watch footy at.

Cockosh

Juniors
As a chooks fan that goes to every game I must admit I’d be happy with 25000 playing a non Sydney team. It is what it is. The nrl and their sugar daddies have destroyed live attendance as an option for those that aren’t diehards. They literally do zero to encourage attendance outside of a knee jerk offer of free tickets to save their blushes. The stadiums operators are no better than airports with their extortionist prices. I’ll continue to pay $9 a beer but they aren’t winning any new fans be it families or young people looking for a night out. There is so little to do for 20 somethings in the city these days you’d think the morons would make footy a fun affordable option. I’m an old fart and enjoy going with mates and getting on it while giving each other stick about the game. Between getting there, the timing and the prices it’s the last thing they would choose.

ram raid

Bench

Same. I was about to go online and check the tickets but then I realised it's at SFS. What a joke. An NRL city having a semi final and they can't find a f**king square oval to host it? It's no wonder our game is going backwards.

adamkungl

Immortal
I don’t understand Sydney league fans not wanting to watch the two best teams all year go at it.

When I lived in Sydney from 2002-2004, I went to every game I could, especially Roosters games. I f**king hate the Roosters, but they had an amazing team and played just magical rugby league. You were doing yourself a dis-service if you missed it.

I was there when the Chooks beat the Dogs 35-0 and there were brawls all through the stands.

I was there to see Brett Kimmorley’s perfect game against the Knights.

I was there when Greg Bird kneed Shane Marteene in the head.

I was there for the debut of a kid called Sonny Bill Williams.

I was there to farewell Freddy.

So many more highlights in games that didn’t involve my team.

Come on Sydney, there’s no excuse.

Skeepe the voice of reason

Most "die hard footy fans" are full of shit. Sook about everything contribute nothing.

Silent Knight

First Grade
What a joke. Roosters fans aren’t worthy of having such a great team.

Red, white and bllllooooooooooooooo!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Success is wasted on the Roosters because no one farkin' cares about them. Folks around Bondi are more concerned with getting their next spray tan so they can take another selfie to put up on Instagram.

Same goes for Souffs, just so Roosters fans don't think I'm only picking on them. Their crowds are a joke. I get that a dole cheque can only go so far, but geez maybe lay off the goon....

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Red, white and bllllooooooooooooooo!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Success is wasted on the Roosters because no one farkin' cares about them. Folks around Bondi are more concerned with getting their next spray tan so they can take another selfie to put up on Instagram.

Same goes for Souffs, just so Roosters fans don't think I'm only picking on them. Their crowds are a joke. I get that a dole cheque can only go so far, but geez maybe lay off the goon....

Given Souths have more members than any other club (broncos?) that’s clearly rubbish