What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sharks on the move from Rothfield

Quicksilver

Bench
Some of our gun juniors that are contracted are being told to look at other clubs by their managers. Im not saying we will relocate as such I just think the money will be to hard to knock back to play at other stadiums in Sydney considering our financial situation now and the what’s predicted in the future. Most the money is gone from the developers

Of course they are. It's in the manager's best interest to wheel and deal.

Ponga and Matterson are getting told to move around too.

President Trump

Juniors
Don’t be surprised when the sharks go under then.

I won’t taking my kids to the footy anymore .
The only reason they watch now is because of me.

I had AFL on the phone yesterday following up on an after school course my youngest kid did.
He loved it.

No way Shark park will be kept for training only.
It’ll be cut up in 2 seconds flat and developed.

Child protection and removed children into protective custody for lesser instances of neglectful parenting!

Frenzy.

Immortal
Some of our gun juniors that are contracted are being told to look at other clubs by their managers. Im not saying we will relocate as such I just think the money will be to hard to knock back to play at other stadiums in Sydney considering our financial situation now and the what’s predicted in the future. Most the money is gone from the developers

Yeah but that is possibly due to greed (mangers) and the fact that not many (players) will be upgraded if they progress due to the money dilemma.

Where has the $40,000,000 gone?

Stake Removed

First Grade
Don’t be surprised if we have played our last game at shark park and it will be used only for training purposes. That’s all I’m saying

This club could win the powerball of 150M, and within 2 years the money would be gone and in debt again.

How many times have we seemed to be cashed up for it all to be gone in record time

taipan

Referee
This club could win the powerball of 150M, and within 2 years the money would be gone and in debt again.

How many times have we seemed to be cashed up for it all to be gone in record time

Our boards are graduates of the Tinkler Palmer Economic Theory, on how to make a really really big organisation into a small one.
Hope we have no one on the Board ,who advises Thomas Cook.

Info from tonight was fairly positive

Cash positive
No debt
Will have 10.mill in the bank after all finished
Deffs coming back to shark park
Amalgamation with karleela golf club so you can use ur leagues member card there

Morris wanted to play at one venue hence kogs 11 games

U will have to be a kog member to garuntee your season seats back at sharks

Centre of excellence has state and fed funding

cb4

First Grade
Info from tonight was fairly positive

Cash positive
No debt
Will have 10.mill in the bank after all finished
Deffs coming back to shark park
Amalgamation with karleela golf club so you can use ur leagues member card there

Morris wanted to play at one venue hence kogs 11 games

U will have to be a kog member to garuntee your season seats back at sharks

Centre of excellence has state and fed funding

Not sure if it was covered but I heard that the developers approached us about closing down for 2 years and we were a bit hesitant.
It was more a safety concern more than anything but they paid us 150% for estimated income for 2 years to completely shut down.

All the online stuff about us having no money, all the money gone and us never coming back is scare mongering. We are well covered.
Juniors getting told to leave is agents doing their job, not us closing the doors.

yadamisha

Juniors
Yep the club has been paid the profits for the next two years of trading whilst closed plus now we will have the additional profits of Sharks Kareela golf club with is cash flow positive. Leagues club profit up to $850K (increase of 500K) this year.

Leagues club refurb (which is costing $20mill) is all about income generation, with one floor aimed for conference space in conjunction with hotel and for hire for weddings etc over looking the bay. Other spaces facing the field in the main floor (café is located where current Auditorium is) will all have a dual purpose to be corporate use on game day for extra $. Anticipating $2-3 mil profit return annually with all this design features. We will have 10mill in the bank at the end of the refurb construction and currently have no debt to anyone. This money will not be wasted in ground improvements. Any improvements, above maintenance, will be done from grants or future profits only. Being capable of holding a semi is not a priority at present (all about the female change rooms). In saying that Kogarah can, so we can host one within the next two seasons.

Centre of Excellence just awaiting final deposit of Federal money matching State Gov money so can be built, plans are already in. It will contain some extra seating and corporate spaces as well to bring us in line with the newer stadiums - but main purpose is not a grandstand - that is no what the money is given for. Some people had trouble with this simple concept last night.

Point bet have extended their ground sponsorship to 7 years, with upgraded jersey placement over the next two years whilst we are not there. More indication we are coming back for the wrist slitters.

Your season seat will be allocated to you on a like for like basis, keeping current seated groups together with some price reductions per game value. You will be sent a letter with a Ticketek link showing your exact seats. You will then have a month to confirm you are happy with your allocated seat (through a fan day to test it out) before other can buy in the stand at Kogarah. Space has been kept aside to move into if your wish.

The club is looking at various ways to get the older gen to Kogarah. (it is actually easier for me coming from Engadine) whether by buses from some central point etc.

Our financial strength will be released to the media through a concerted campaign when the time is right. The club has never been healthier from a financial point of view.

yadamisha

Juniors
What does that mean?
We currently don't have the required female change rooms to host a semi. To do so would require gutting the bottom floor of the ET stand to redo. Unless it can be covered off within the CoE, the club is not willing to spend the money to fix, given once the major stadia is rebuilt all semis will revert to them.

MilkShark

First Grade
We currently don't have the required female change rooms to host a semi. To do so would require gutting the bottom floor of the ET stand to redo. Unless it can be covered off within the CoE, the club is not willing to spend the money to fix, given once the major stadia is rebuilt all semis will revert to them.
This may be a dumb question, but why do we need a female change room?

And when you say all semis will revert to them, that will be anyone without permission to host their own semi yeah?

Latest posts