What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Id Like to See this Team Roll Out on March 6, 2020

SAP58

Juniors
The team wont change much from this year, McIdiot will not drop or replace Aitken or Lafai no one else wants them and he had the chance to drop them this year but wouldn’t. Despite their form and lack of ability. McIdiot stated he had the side he wanted in 2019 and he will be too arrogant to change it too much to give anyone the satisfaction of telling him he was wrong. A f**king mess, thanks Board ! It is this arrogance that will stop Flanno coming to the Dragons, McIdiot cannot be told anything so how could any coach contemplate working with him and risk there’re reputation.

The team wont change much from this year, McIdiot will not drop or replace Aitken or Lafai no one else wants them and he had the chance to drop them this year but wouldn’t. Despite their form and lack of ability. McIdiot stated he had the side he wanted in 2019 and he will be too arrogant to change it too much to give anyone the satisfaction of telling him he was wrong. A f**king mess, thanks Board ! It is this arrogance that will stop Flanno coming to the Dragons, McIdiot cannot be told anything so how could any coach contemplate working with him and risk there’re reputation.
Sorry, I cannot see any of the combinations put forward winning a premiership or even coming close. None of them are top four potential, and would struggle to make the eight. It's a gloomy prospect for next year.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I'd say Sailor would be as effective at fullback as Dufty. Too small and over a season would not be durable. Historically, the lock position needs to have a player with great defensive ability, I'm afraid that this is not one of Leilua's strength. Is Niko really a recruitment target?

Niko should be a real target. Big, tall, athletic, try scorer and very good goal kicker. He's still unsigned for 2020 but I feel the Raiders are waiting to see what happens with Rapana, seeing they just re-signed Simonson.
I think Niko would be a player in the same mould as Oates, but at a quarter of the cost.

Gareth67

First Grade
We can go ahead and sign whomever ( should the nesscery funds be available ? ) but they must all have the fire in their belly to truly make a success at their new club , otherwise the status quo remains .

Dragon Revival

Juniors
NRL Team 2020
Ramsay
Saab
Lomax
Aitken
Pearson
Norman
Hunt
T Sims
Ford
Leilua
K Sims
Mc Innes
Vaughan
Bench
Lawrie
Host
Kerr
Kafusi/Gale
I have assumed that De Belin will be unavailable, Frizell will be let go and Field and Timm will not be resigned and that no NRL standard players will be signed due to poor roster management. Ravalawa makes too many errors. The Club has a poor record in letting contracted NRL players go before their contracts are up with disastrous consequences including Brett Morris, Mike Cooper, Joel Thompson, Nene Mac Donald and Gareth Widdop so the release of Frizell would seem to be a formality probably along with Dufty, Field and Timm no being resigned. However I would re-sign Timm.

Bench
If we run out the same team next season we will finish at the bottom of the table so ts time to put some
Of our juniors into the top grade and see how they will go, what do we have to lose

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
If we run out the same team next season we will finish at the bottom of the table so ts time to put some
Of our juniors into the top grade and see how they will go, what do we have to lose
Matches.

Como Connection

First Grade
NRL Team 2020
Ramsay
Saab
Lomax
Aitken
Pearson
Norman
Hunt
T Sims
Ford
Leilua
K Sims
Mc Innes
Vaughan
Bench
Lawrie
Host
Kerr
Kafusi/Gale
I have assumed that De Belin will be unavailable, Frizell will be let go and Field and Timm will not be resigned and that no NRL standard players will be signed due to poor roster management. Ravalawa makes too many errors. The Club has a poor record in letting contracted NRL players go before their contracts are up with disastrous consequences including Brett Morris, Mike Cooper, Joel Thompson, Nene Mac Donald and Gareth Widdop so the release of Frizell would seem to be a formality probably along with Dufty, Field and Timm no being resigned. However I would re-sign Timm.
I definitely retain Dufty.
I reckon he was poorly treated along with many others.
CC

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I agree CC that Dufty should be retained as he can play fullback, wing, five-eighth and half-back. He is probably as good as Steve Morris was when he was at that age. The plan seems to be to get rid of all promising local juniors and replace them with injured CC standard journeyman or erratic, overpriced and over-rated NRLplayers on the decline. Having grown up in Bexley North I am ashamed of the performance of the Dragons and their incompetent leadership, coaching and player
recruitment.

denis preston

First Grade
I'd say Sailor would be as effective at fullback as Dufty. Too small and over a season would not be durable. Historically, the lock position needs to have a player with great defensive ability, I'm afraid that this is not one of Leilua's strength. Is Niko really a recruitment target?
If ever a player was hoping for a dramatic growth spurt in the off season one T Sailor would be the most.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
ROLL UP, ROLL UP!!

image-asset.jpeg

The McGregor Circus is in town.

circus-tent.jpg

There is Dufty tossing.
Vaughan the Strongman
Normans magic tircks (makes Hunt disappear, a highlight, )
The Sims clowns chasing and fumbling like a VFL player.
See Leilua eat 40 pies in 80 seconds

ROLL UP ROLL UP!!

rasaint

Juniors
Don’t write off Nene Mc. He was good for us 2018. Even Old Timer was noting in 2018 we struggled for his big metre returns when his injury struck later half of season.

I’d take him back at $250k a season ( not $330k reported for us 17/18). A risk of course, bad ankle break 2019 and attitude; if recovery has gone well and he wants to return to Sydney why not? Big and quick. I have not seen him run down from behind and scored long range trys for us and Titian’s.

nontime111

Juniors
Yes dont mind Nene,
maybe

Sailor
Nene
Lomax
Aitken?Gigot ( if he comes)
Saab
Norman
Hunt, backline?

possm

Coach
Yes dont mind Nene,
maybe

Sailor
Nene
Lomax
Aitken?Gigot ( if he comes)
Saab
Norman
Hunt, backline?
I have heard that the Broncos are going to release Oates and Fifita and are hoping to recruit Holmes for 2020 and beyond. Whe is it that we aren't in the hunt for any of these 3 players.

redVinme

Juniors
I have heard that the Broncos are going to release Oates and Fifita and are hoping to recruit Holmes for 2020 and beyond. Whe is it that we aren't in the hunt for any of these 3 players.

I agree. I just really think we shoot ourself in the foot if we outlay big $ for a winger. Oats would surely be commanding 6-700k. I'd rather two big young wingers at 250-300k each and use the rest else where. I'd like Scott but looks like he will stay at storm with chambers moving on. Why we didn't chase him while he was out of favour and injured ill never know. Now he may win a comp and double his value.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
1.Sailor
2.Pearson
3.Lomax
4.BJ Leilua
5.Saab
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Graham
9.McInnes (c)
10.Vaughan
11. Frizell
12.Sims
13.Debelin
14.Ford
15.Leilua
16.Sims
17.Kerr/Timm

Not exciting but very realistic, and to be honest with Widdop out of the picture I’m sure Hunt/Norman will combine a lot better during the off season without the confusion over what role they play. Canberra are shopping around Rapana and Leilua. I’d go Leilua mainly due to the fact we have Saab coming through who is or close to being fg ready. Same can’t be said for centres.
Sailor will warm the spot for Ramsay and when Ramsay is ready Sailor moves into the halves. I think Pearson can become an extremely solid defender, has good speed and outside Lomax will get to use it.