What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Crowd Watch

Dark Corner

Juniors
Red, white and bllllooooooooooooooo!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Success is wasted on the Roosters because no one farkin' cares about them. Folks around Bondi are more concerned with getting their next spray tan so they can take another selfie to put up on Instagram.

Same goes for Souffs, just so Roosters fans don't think I'm only picking on them. Their crowds are a joke. I get that a dole cheque can only go so far, but geez maybe lay off the goon....
Should only 1 team in Bondi then but then again Souths don't play at Redfern etc

Cockosh

Juniors
Red, white and bllllooooooooooooooo!

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Success is wasted on the Roosters because no one farkin' cares about them. Folks around Bondi are more concerned with getting their next spray tan so they can take another selfie to put up on Instagram.

Same goes for Souffs, just so Roosters fans don't think I'm only picking on them. Their crowds are a joke. I get that a dole cheque can only go so far, but geez maybe lay off the goon....
It depends how you look at it really. As a percentage of local population, per capita, the roosters put Newcastle and many other clubs to shame. Based on this years home averages where both teams did well Easts have 16000 vs 200000 and knights 19000 vs 400000. You could argue that all the natural advantages Newcastle region possess juniors, no competition from other codes etc are wasted on your mediocre club. Your comments on Easts fans are about as accurate as the myths that Newcastle have plenty of their own juniors in their first grade squad.

Valheru

Coach
It depends how you look at it really. As a percentage of local population, per capita, the roosters put Newcastle and many other clubs to shame. Based on this years home averages where both teams did well Easts have 16000 vs 200000 and knights 19000 vs 400000. You could argue that all the natural advantages Newcastle region possess juniors, no competition from other codes etc are wasted on your mediocre club. Your comments on Easts fans are about as accurate as the myths that Newcastle have plenty of their own juniors in their first grade squad.

Yeah but our top crowds don't count remember?

All the other clubs top crowds count but not ours.

The lowest crowds count though

Cockosh

Juniors
Yeah but our top crowds don't count remember?

All the other clubs top crowds count but not ours.

The lowest crowds count though
Exactly. But knights lowest crowd shouldn’t count of course, it was a protest vote. Nothing to do with them not making the 8. Bandwagoners.

ouwet

Bench
I don’t understand Sydney league fans not wanting to watch the two best teams all year go at it.

When I lived in Sydney from 2002-2004, I went to every game I could, especially Roosters games. I f**king hate the Roosters, but they had an amazing team and played just magical rugby league. You were doing yourself a dis-service if you missed it.

I was there when the Chooks beat the Dogs 35-0 and there were brawls all through the stands.

I was there to see Brett Kimmorley’s perfect game against the Knights.

I was there when Greg Bird kneed Shane Marteene in the head.

I was there for the debut of a kid called Sonny Bill Williams.

I was there to farewell Freddy.

So many more highlights in games that didn’t involve my team.

Come on Sydney, there’s no excuse.

I get what you're saying and over the years I cannot tell you how many games I've been to which don't involve the Bulldogs but I would rather not go on Saturday night.

Interest levels are minimal unless you support the Roosters, my Rooster supporting mate offered me freebies two weeks ago and I didn't go and the same for Saturday... People are over the Roosters and the endless salary cap.

Cockosh

Juniors
I get what you're saying and over the years I cannot tell you how many games I've been to which don't involve the Bulldogs but I would rather not go on Saturday night.

Interest levels are minimal unless you support the Roosters, my Rooster supporting mate offered me freebies two weeks ago and I didn't go and the same for Saturday... People are over the Roosters and the endless salary cap.
Too bad for you.

You win a premiership in 2004 with an illegally assembled team. I guy who despises alleged cap cheating surely wouldn’t have celebrated it I’m guessing.

Omott91

Juniors
Yet you have 5million people within 40k radius.Nice try but you're either trolling or delusional.

Latest posts