What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty and Aitken set to leave

getsmarty

Immortal
try-of-the-year_20190923.jpg

FAN VOTE

Brought to you by

Dufty nominated for NRL.com Try of the Year
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Tue 24 Sep 2019, 11:30 AM

Of the 1320 tries scored in the 25 regular season rounds of the 2019 Telstra Premiership, six have been shortlisted for the Try of the Year award.

Each of the four-pointers were named Try of the Week during the season, with a variety of individual efforts, passes, kicks and team efforts among the nominees.

Joseph Manu (Roosters) and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Warriors) finished off two of the more impressive team efforts to make the grade.

Three kicks, two tap-ons and a series of passes led to Manu's try against Brisbane in round four while RTS handled on three separate occasions as the ball touched 14 sets of hands in his Round 25 four-pointer.

The winner of the Try of the Year will be announced during NRL.com's coverage of the 2019 Dally M Medal awards ceremony on Wednesday, October 2.

Click here to vote for the NRL Try of the Year

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/09/24/dufty-nominated-for-nrl.com-try-of-the-year/

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

The main difference is that Keary is in his correct position- Dufty isn't. He has to accept that he's not a full back and return to his junior position in the halves. I think he and Sailor could be a standout combination- Field's best position is there too. But all three need Trevor Gillmeister to teach them how to tackle. Field's turn- style effort at full-back last weekend against the Jets in CC was disgraceful.

Frank Facer

First Grade
The main difference is that Keary is in his correct position- Dufty isn't. He has to accept that he's not a full back and return to his junior position in the halves. I think he and Sailor could be a standout combination- Field's best position is there too. But all three need Trevor Gillmeister to teach them how to tackle. Field's turn- style effort at full-back last weekend against the Jets in CC was disgraceful.
If they can't tackle now, I think it is too late to learn. They should have learnt to tackle when they were in primary school.

nontime111

Juniors
Sailor is in a different class to all the kids, Dufty is getting better in D, but Sailor is better already at D than Dufty

possm

Coach
It is now far too late for Dufty, Field and most probably Sailor to be taught how to tackle properly. this needed to be done by the time they are ready for selection to CC.

BLM01

First Grade
It is now far too late for Dufty, Field and most probably Sailor to be taught how to tackle properly. this needed to be done by the time they are ready for selection to CC.
That is what happens when you target touch footy players (Sailor & Field) because of pace and step, however Sailor is not a winger and can defend better in the line or at fullback.
He is still young and small. Field has had plenty chances but not interested.
Dufty still improved slightly this year....I can still see Sailor and Dufty as good 1st graders under better coaching and defence work ethic in training.

boardlumps62

Juniors
That is what happens when you target touch footy players (Sailor & Field) because of pace and step, however Sailor is not a winger and can defend better in the line or at fullback.
He is still young and small. Field has had plenty chances but not interested.
Dufty still improved slightly this year....I can still see Sailor and Dufty as good 1st graders under better coaching and defence work ethic in training.
My sentiments exactly obviously the recruiters thought NRL was becoming a game of Touch and that's how I think. But Field is only that can't see him going anywhere in the big time.
Can we follow the Women they seem a well coached team.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
My sentiments exactly obviously the recruiters thought NRL was becoming a game of Touch and that's how I think. But Field is only that can't see him going anywhere in the big time.
Can we follow the Women they seem a well coached team.

The issue, as I see it, was with the reduction in the interchange to 8 (and some suggesting further to 6), where these type of nippy players would have greater impact against tired forwards. However, the game has evolved into forwards with greater stamina and running ability (Haas and young Fifita from Broncos as an example). Unfortunately, at the Dragons, we aporoached the idea of agile forwards as one out hit ups and plodders, effectively wiping out any need for our speedy players.

possm

Coach
Give them a proper coach for 1 season and they will improve dramatically. Obviously won't be at our club.
We have not got a proper coach to give them. These skills need to be acquired in their junior years. I blame the pathway coaching staff.

possm

Coach
Has it been confirmed that Dufty and Aitken are leaving? If so where are they going to?

BestHookerRein

Juniors
Lol Jai Field.... legit cost the Canterbury Cup team the prelim the other day

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I think Dufty and Aitken will improve significantly under a better coach. They will come back and bite us but hey the Saints care more about Mary than the players and supporters so what do you expect.

Latest posts