What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt & Max Feagai

BLM01

First Grade
67112366_2440908692805146_234020591726755840_n.jpg

The twins have made the Australian Schoolboys side.
Which two are they? ;)

possm

Coach
Can anyone tell me why Illawarra, St George or even SGI do not sign our brightest juniors but instead leave them hanging there for other clubs to sign them?

getsmarty

Immortal
img_5171.jpg

SCHOOLS RUGBY LEAGUE

Feagai brothers ready to represent Australia
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 27 Sep 2019, 11:55 AM

By Andrew Mckaysmith

They grew up watching the Morris twins, but soon the Feagai brothers could be carving their own trail in the NRL with the St George Illawarra Dragons.

That's the dream.

Mathew and Max Feagai are in camp with the Australian Schoolboys getting ready for a Test match against New Zealand Under-19s at Redcliffe on Sunday.

Familial bonds and scholarly ties unite the brothers Feagai. Matthew and Max are students at Illawarra Sports High, and 2019 has been a big year.

Having found a way to balance studies alongside commitments to the New South Wales Under-18s State of Origin team and the Illawarra Steelers' SG Ball premiership-winning team, the Feagai's are gearing up to reprise their roles in the Australian side.

"I feel privileged to be a part of this team, there are a lot of great players here," Mathew said.

"It is extraordinary to represent Australia with my brother; at the start of the year, this was one of our biggest goals to make this team together.

"When I'm arm and arm with my brother with the national anthem playing, I don’t think there will be a greater feeling."

The brothers' parents are thrilled with their accomplishments this season, and they are full of pride to represent the family as much as the jersey they'll be wearing.

"There are five of us brothers and two older sisters," Mathew said.

"I think it was the happiest mum and dad have ever been when we told them we'd made the team. It means a lot for my brothers too."

With the talented duo signed to the Dragons, if the brothers have their way, they’ll be emulating another pair of siblings' in their quest for an NRL berth.

"Max and I want to train full-time with the Dragons first grade [squad]," Mathew said.

"We used to watch the Morris twins and think that it would be cool if that were us.

"Hopefully we can make that dream come true together."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/09/27/feagai-brothers-ready-to-represent-australia/

Can you just imagine Saab and these two boys joining Lomax in our backline in the next couple of years. We will have tones of speed however, by then our forwards will probably need a make over with some moving on and some retiring.

I hope Millward has his whiteboard with his 5 year plan player map up to date. He will need to be on top of this problem else the window will shut fast and we will be doomed to another 5 years of re-building and mediocre achievement.
New coach has to be a big part of that process otherwise the club is wasting their time.

George Dragon

Juniors
img_5171.jpg

SCHOOLS RUGBY LEAGUE

Feagai brothers ready to represent Australia
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 27 Sep 2019, 11:55 AM

By Andrew Mckaysmith

They grew up watching the Morris twins, but soon the Feagai brothers could be carving their own trail in the NRL with the St George Illawarra Dragons.

That's the dream.

Mathew and Max Feagai are in camp with the Australian Schoolboys getting ready for a Test match against New Zealand Under-19s at Redcliffe on Sunday.

Familial bonds and scholarly ties unite the brothers Feagai. Matthew and Max are students at Illawarra Sports High, and 2019 has been a big year.

Having found a way to balance studies alongside commitments to the New South Wales Under-18s State of Origin team and the Illawarra Steelers' SG Ball premiership-winning team, the Feagai's are gearing up to reprise their roles in the Australian side.

"I feel privileged to be a part of this team, there are a lot of great players here," Mathew said.

"It is extraordinary to represent Australia with my brother; at the start of the year, this was one of our biggest goals to make this team together.

"When I'm arm and arm with my brother with the national anthem playing, I don’t think there will be a greater feeling."

The brothers' parents are thrilled with their accomplishments this season, and they are full of pride to represent the family as much as the jersey they'll be wearing.

"There are five of us brothers and two older sisters," Mathew said.

"I think it was the happiest mum and dad have ever been when we told them we'd made the team. It means a lot for my brothers too."

With the talented duo signed to the Dragons, if the brothers have their way, they’ll be emulating another pair of siblings' in their quest for an NRL berth.

"Max and I want to train full-time with the Dragons first grade [squad]," Mathew said.

"We used to watch the Morris twins and think that it would be cool if that were us.

"Hopefully we can make that dream come true together."

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/09/27/feagai-brothers-ready-to-represent-australia/
We have two halfs of twins playing at the club this year.

Last edited: