What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Mug Costanza

Juniors
Is this seriously an issue? Some of you must be crazy blind to not be able to tell the difference easily. In fact it never crosses my mind

ComradePanda

Juniors
We applied to the NRL to wear this and it was approved, which should surely kill any need for a clash jersey to be worn against canberra.

this is not the first time Souths have done the sponsor swap for a prelim

Rabbitohs-2012-Bulldogs-Semi-Final-Chris-McQueen-Front-1200x1000.jpg

The reason for this is that Russel is supposedly a bit superstitious, and that by playing in black the boys will lift and it will feel like a normal home game.

Rooster8

Juniors
It's not just green on green, they're almost the same shades of green.

The fact they've been able to skirt the clash jersey rules for 13 straight years is disgusting.
100%, and it's not just the raiders. I've watched games that the rabbits have played against other dark team jerseys in which rabbits still wore their home jersey. If you're not willing to wear your alternative jersey, then obviously it's not a good jersey.

GAZF

First Grade
We applied to the NRL to wear this and it was approved, which should surely kill any need for a clash jersey to be worn against canberra.

this is not the first time Souths have done the sponsor swap for a prelim

Rabbitohs-2012-Bulldogs-Semi-Final-Chris-McQueen-Front-1200x1000.jpg

The reason for this is that Russel is supposedly a bit superstitious, and that by playing in black the boys will lift and it will feel like a normal home game.
That's too bad; it wasn't a Souths home game, it was an obvious clash, and it should never have been approved. Canberra had to wear white in Gosford last year, so what has changed?

ComradePanda

Juniors
That's too bad; it wasn't a Souths home game, it was an obvious clash, and it should never have been approved. Canberra had to wear white in Gosford last year, so what has changed?

i suspect the NRL are happy with their promo images featuring the traditional hoops and not our alternate.

hopefully this starts a new trend of teams wearing home jerseys in finals matches, including the grand final

GAZF

First Grade
i suspect the NRL are happy with their promo images featuring the traditional hoops and not our alternate.

hopefully this starts a new trend of teams wearing home jerseys in finals matches, including the grand final
I fully expect both teams to run out in navy blue tonight then, since the shorts will provide more than enough contrast for the two teams.

Had last night been a Rabbitohs home game, Canberra would have worn white.

There's nothing particularly sacred about the red and green hoops that warrants Souths getting special treatment over other clubs. The club should be aiming to create an iconic clash look, rather than avoiding it. Refer to the Roosters' away design for inspiration.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Somebody posted a mock-up in this corresponding thread 3 or 4 years back. Simply flipped the red/green hoops and the resultant proportions gives a predominantly red strip. I thought it would be a great clash/alternative.

kdalymc

Bench
Somebody posted a mock-up in this corresponding thread 3 or 4 years back. Simply flipped the red/green hoops and the resultant proportions gives a predominantly red strip. I thought it would be a great clash/alternative.
THINK OF THE COLOUR BLIND

Reflector

Juniors
I loved Souths red/ green v alternate last year. It was an adequate away jersey and tastefully executed. But last night emphasised that the Raiders made the wrong move going with a darker shade of green. Their green should be that lighter shade they had the previous few seasons, because watching the game last night it looked as if Souths and Canberra had the exact same shade of green on.

GAZF

First Grade
I loved Souths red/ green v alternate last year. It was an adequate away jersey and tastefully executed. But last night emphasised that the Raiders made the wrong move going with a darker shade of green. Their green should be that lighter shade they had the previous few seasons, because watching the game last night it looked as if Souths and Canberra had the exact same shade of green on.
Souths not having an adequate clash jersey is a woeful excuse for controlling what shade of green Canberra wears.

Reflector

Juniors
Souths not having an adequate clash jersey is a woeful excuse for controlling what shade of green Canberra wears.

I'm not suggesting the NRL step in and mandate Canberra wear a particular shade of green, no more than they should step in and make Parra revert to their traditional shade of blue over the navy blue that's exactly like the Cowboys and Roosters.

But that brighter lime green has traditionally been the Raiders green, it was uniquely theirs like purple has become synonymous with the filth. From a branding perspective going to a more medium green this season was a bad move- because as it stands the Raiders have the worst sponsor placement in the NRL. Literally every jersey sponsor clashes with the jersey and is a complete eyesore.

greenBV4

Bench
I'm not suggesting the NRL step in and mandate Canberra wear a particular shade of green, no more than they should step in and make Parra revert to their traditional shade of blue over the navy blue that's exactly like the Cowboys and Roosters.

But that brighter lime green has traditionally been the Raiders green, it was uniquely theirs like purple has become synonymous with the filth. From a branding perspective going to a more medium green this season was a bad move- because as it stands the Raiders have the worst sponsor placement in the NRL. Literally every jersey sponsor clashes with the jersey and is a complete eyesore.
Screenshot_20190928-104510_Instagram.jpg
With the sponsor logo raiders pretty much have the exact same shade of green and red..
They shouldn't be forced to revert to the lime green, but they should see that it is the better option

Souths on the other hand should be forced to produce a proper clash jersey. Ditch the side panels completely and wear the home jersey 99% of the time anyway

Reflector

Juniors
Ideally, they should revert not to the almost yellow green they had in inception:
GPcV2RM.jpg

The shade during their 'Green Machine' era is ideal- less fluro/ yellow green and more of a light green than the medium green Souths use:

GndFQgQ.jpg

The Great Dane

First Grade
But that brighter lime green has traditionally been the Raiders green, it was uniquely theirs like purple has become synonymous with the filth. From a branding perspective going to a more medium green this season was a bad move- because as it stands the Raiders have the worst sponsor placement in the NRL.
We literally had a different shade of green every year for the first 20 years of our existence, and we’ve changed it every few years since then as well. So frankly the club has never had a “traditional” shade of green.

The whole reason that we are the shade of green that we are this year is because they are celebrating the 30th anniversary since 89 by wearing the same shade of green as was used in 89.

But the problem isn’t the Raiders anyway, it’s that the Rabbits don’t have an away or alternate jersey that contrasts with their home jersey like they are supposed to.

kdalymc

Bench
Not tryna be a smart arse but isn't old mate in the commentary box going "Canberra with the ball now" enough to know which teams which?
Works on the radio, and wasn't a clash for 400 years...