What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst Value for Money Bronco Players

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The quickest way to fixing our squad is removing our players that are least value for money. Interested to know others think about the worst value players we currently have on our roster. Hard to do this as we don't know how much players are on, but I think we can take a guess.

Here is my current ranking:

1. Boyd - running out of places we can try to hide this guy.

2. Gillette - might be controversial having him so high up the list. He isn't a liability like Boyd, but he is contributing less than Glenn and is presumably on much more $$.

3. Bird - could turn out to be a gun. But hasn't played many games in two seasons, and now coming back from an ACL there is no way to guarantee he can return to the form he showed for the Sharks. Further, it's not really clear which position he would be best for our team.

4. McCullough - A bit lower down the list than people might expect. The one good thing about Macca is he will give you what you expect and always give a 100%. He has actually done quite a few good things this year, but ultimately is not the hooker to take us to a premiership, and the Turpin/Segeyaro combination seems much more promising.

5. Milford - shows us glimpses of what he is capable of, but ultimately is not earning his high pay packet (reportedly the highest paid Bronco). And either seems unfit or lazy at times.

6. Oates - willing to cut this guy some slack as this is his first bad year since I can remember. But he better show us what he is capable of in 2020 or our money could be better spent elsewhere.

Nerd

Bench
The two B's Bird and Boyd. Sometimes players for whatever reason just don't workout at a club and I think Bird falls into that category. Sometimes moving to a different club can turn a players career around and good luck to Bird if that's the case.

On Boyd signing him to a long term deal at his age was just wrong and a mistake.

On McCullough I agree that he gives a 100% but whenever he is replaced by either Turpin or Segeyaro our attack seems to go up a gear.

Legion

Juniors
The quickest way to fixing our squad is removing our players that are least value for money. Interested to know others think about the worst value players we currently have on our roster. Hard to do this as we don't know how much players are on, but I think we can take a guess.

Here is my current ranking:

1. Boyd - running out of places we can try to hide this guy.

2. Gillette - might be controversial having him so high up the list. He isn't a liability like Boyd, but he is contributing less than Glenn and is presumably on much more $$.

3. Bird - could turn out to be a gun. But hasn't played many games in two seasons, and now coming back from an ACL there is no way to guarantee he can return to the form he showed for the Sharks. Further, it's not really clear which position he would be best for our team.

4. McCullough - A bit lower down the list than people might expect. The one good thing about Macca is he will give you what you expect and always give a 100%. He has actually done quite a few good things this year, but ultimately is not the hooker to take us to a premiership, and the Turpin/Segeyaro combination seems much more promising.

5. Milford - shows us glimpses of what he is capable of, but ultimately is not earning his high pay packet (reportedly the highest paid Bronco). And either seems unfit or lazy at times.

6. Oates - willing to cut this guy some slack as this is his first bad year since I can remember. But he better show us what he is capable of in 2020 or our money could be better spent elsewhere.

What's going on with Boyd? Is he playing with an injury?
Last year he was useless.

Milford wasn't much better [btw, does that bloke ever smile?]

Gotta feel for Bird. A real talent but I'm afraid that his best is behind him from too many injuries.

And what happened to Oates last year? It's like he lost all confidence in himself. He showed so much promise then ........ ???