What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbits/Broncos, Bennett/Seibold

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Despite all the talk about how bad the Broncos are going and how good the Rabbits are going, at the end of the season it turns out that with very similar squads they finished in the exact same position. The Broncos bundled out week 1 and the Rabbits in the prelim. Fair enough the Broncs were pumped by Parra but last season with the same squad and coached by Bennett they were also comprehensively beaten by and injury plagued, McGregor coached Dragons. I dont know exactly what point im trying to make but its an interesting observation and leads me to believe that even ahead of Mary we need a better recruitment officer.

BLM01

First Grade
Despite all the talk about how bad the Broncos are going and how good the Rabbits are going, at the end of the season it turns out that with very similar squads they finished in the exact same position. The Broncos bundled out week 1 and the Rabbits in the prelim. Fair enough the Broncs were pumped by Parra but last season with the same squad and coached by Bennett they were also comprehensively beaten by and injury plagued, McGregor coached Dragons. I dont know exactly what point im trying to make but its an interesting observation and leads me to believe that even ahead of Mary we need a better recruitment officer.

I do and it is fact but the media wont say it. Siebold is any easy target and takes the bait
Bennett had a better squad as signed James Roberts and Inglis was injured last year and these young guys had more experience. Bennett did have a lot of injuries this year but...

We need something done about recruitment...maybe keep Mary out of it might be a place to start

TruSaint

Referee

A better recruitment manager may and I suggest "may" bring us better talent, as we are on the nose and have to pay overs.

Even so, the coaching is more urgent for us, as any talent that may come would probably be under developed / utilised.

A quality coach can make do with "good" players in the squad. A poor coach such as Mary would struggle to make the 8 with a team of individual superstars as their potential would not surface. I truly believe that.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
A better recruitment manager may and I suggest "may" bring us better talent, as we are on the nose and have to pay overs.

Even so, the coaching is more urgent for us, as any talent that may come would probably be under developed / utilised.

A quality coach can make do with "good" players in the squad. A poor coach such as Mary would struggle to make the 8 with a team of individual superstars as their potential would not surface. I truly believe that.
Thats why I reckon we need Wane, just a totally different voice and someone with the years under the belt even though not in the NRL that commands people to listen when you talk. Problem with Mary is that he may not necessarily be that bad of a coach skills and tactics wise or he may be who knows but I think the whole place is stale and they need a complete freshen up. It would be like moving house or getting a new car. This is why im super not keen on thrice caught cheating Flanno, we can do better than him. And if the board really want to make a statement they will appoint someone who is putting pressure on Mary not guaranteeing his job for 2 years.

TruSaint

Referee
Thats why I reckon we need Wane, just a totally different voice and someone with the years under the belt even though not in the NRL that commands people to listen when you talk. Problem with Mary is that he may not necessarily be that bad of a coach skills and tactics wise or he may be who knows but I think the whole place is stale and they need a complete freshen up. It would be like moving house or getting a new car. This is why im super not keen on thrice caught cheating Flanno, we can do better than him. And if the board really want to make a statement they will appoint someone who is putting pressure on Mary not guaranteeing his job for 2 years.

Nail. Head.

I have posted dozens of times that Flanno is a band aid solution to cover the board and to see him leave after his 2 years as assistant. It means we are stuck with Paul Mc for the 2 years.

People hoping we can afford Flanno and a part time DOF are being naive. If we had that coin, we would have paid out Mary, and employed on a short term deal some one like Wane / Griffin / Toovey.

FlameThrower

Bench
Watching Ch9 Storm v Storm - they just showed Bellamy in sheds and all the players eyes set on him as he spoke. Mary in contrast has players roaming around like browns cows or players looking at the ground when he talks.
We need a leader of men, and a Coach who can sell the plan and get the team onboard. Bennet, Bellamy, Robinson all underline the basics of everyone doing there job. We rarely look like a unified team.

BennyV

Referee
In what f**king world did the Broncos and the Rabbitohs finish in the same position?

One was punished 58-0, the single largest winning margin in NRL finals history. The other was in it until the death 2 weeks later, eventually going down by 6 points in an exciting game that could have gone either way until the last 10 minutes.

That’s like saying we finished the same way that Manly did.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
In what f**king world did the Broncos and the Rabbitohs finish in the same position?

One was punished 58-0, the single largest winning margin in NRL finals history. The other was in it until the death 2 weeks later, eventually going down by 6 points in an exciting game that could have gone either way until the last 10 minutes.

I think you need to read the post a little more closely mate....But if you don’t care to I’m saying they both swapped teams from last year and the squads are almost the same as last year but last year and this year Rabbits and Broncos finished in the exact position they did last year.

18to87

First Grade
Head Coach S. Wayne
Assistant S. Flanagan
Gen Manager P. Gould

Jesus Dragons why can't we just try it for three years? Might not meet the legendary heights of the soopa couch potato, but we might get close?
Makes too much sense for our brains trust. They like to to make themselves feel important by receiving angry fan mail to reply to around the time of the yearly review where they decide on a new strategy to try and turn McGregor into a first-grade coach.

BLM01

First Grade
Watching Ch9 Storm v Storm - they just showed Bellamy in sheds and all the players eyes set on him as he spoke. Mary in contrast has players roaming around like browns cows or players looking at the ground when he talks.
We need a leader of men, and a Coach who can sell the plan and get the team onboard. Bennet, Bellamy, Robinson all underline the basics of everyone doing there job. We rarely look like a unified team.
Exactly..you just mentioned the 4 coaches only that can do it....maybe DES and BA
The rest...ha...Maybe those 6 can coach 2-3 NRL sides each

Latest posts