What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 14-8 Raiders @ ANZ

Grand Final: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eelectrica

Referee
Hope Canberra, but the Roosters have that little bet extra class to get it done in the end I think.
I expect it will be a close game though. Should go down to the final 10 minutes.

Cockosh

Juniors
The gf will be the first game all year where we are full strength (friend aside).
I can’t see us being complacent. Not under robbo and not with Cronk. We are playing for immortality alongside our 74/75 legends. The storm game was perfect prep for us. We are battle hardened. Not taking Raiders lightly though. Have earned their place in the big one. Us by 8.
Easts to Win! Here come the Roosters! Go the Roosters!

Valheru

Coach
I can’t see it happening.

easts fans are underrated though, they’re both really loud imo

No i don't think it will happen.

I haven't experienced the Viking clap yet so looking forward to it.

Atmosphere should be amazing. Last year it was 90% chooks fans. I think we will get an old fashioned split here with it slightly being in Canberra favour with neutrals

adamkungl

Immortal
No i don't think it will happen.

I haven't experienced the Viking clap yet so looking forward to it.

Atmosphere should be amazing. Last year it was 90% chooks fans. I think we will get an old fashioned split here with it slightly being in Canberra favour with neutrals

I reckon it will be 75% green. Every neutral bastard will be wearing green

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
The clap is great with a crowd of 10k at Bruce. Its gonna be amazing next Sunday with 40k joining in.

pantherz9103

First Grade
If any neutral is cheering for the Rorters I have to question their sanity.

I’ve got 2003 vibes with this GF. With the Raiders the popular underdog like the Panthers were, written off by most experts heading into the game. The Roosters have the superstars and the GF experience but the Raiders have a sense of destiny and a 25 year drought to break.

The posh media might love the idea of Rorters going back to back, but I would see it as showing just how easy it is to build a super team in what’s supposed to be an even comp, if you have enough TPA’s.

The Raiders need to win this for the good of the game.

Raiders to win 14-12
CC Medal- Josh Hodgson

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
Lol Canberra probably has the worst attendance culture in the comp
The reason people are calling for a roof on a new stadium in Canberra is to suspend even more fans from it. Ultimate people's team, whose faultless fans have stuck with the club through the equivalent of a drinking bird running the club for 20 years.

Puhaps another 110 years and 14 premiership will finally get your mob established as a followed team in Sydney. Giants and Dirty Reds will provide stiff competition, however.

Valheru

Coach
I reckon it will be 75% green. Every neutral bastard will be wearing green

I think we at least have 30k there.

Apparently roosters fans were majority if ticket purchasers prior to finals series.

Agree every single neutral will be against us.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Will be a lime green stadium on GF day, for sure. Both teams defend extremely well, but the Roosters on current form look like they have more strike. Canberra need 20+ to win this, so they'll need to throw it around. Really, really tough game to pick. Grand final experience is obviously important, and the only Raider to play one is Leilua i think. Green machine by 2.

Latest posts