What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould reviewing Dragons.

TruSaint

Referee
Tru,
Or is that the spin thats coming out because we cant afford to sack him ? I agree the review isnt wortha pinch of sh#t.. technically Gould has to throw him under the bus as supercoach has said that Gould is a mentor .. so if gus is giving him advice either A) it is absolute rubbish advice or B) it is ignored ..
I believe B is the correct answer no phone a friend required ,, So yes Goulds review is a complete whitewash

Agreed.

Old Timer

Coach
Have to admit, Im not an AFL fan, but did watch.

Dont know his name, but when the debutant kicked the goal the atmosphere was off the charts. Well done to all at the Tigers..
Marlin Pickett and what a wonderful story
Had a very troubled youth growing up in WA including jail time but managed to get some support around him (Pickett family famous indigenous family in AFL) and got rich rewards today
I look at the AFL in general and lament how professional they are compared to NRL generally and then look at clubs like Richmond, Swans, GWS and shake my head in disbelief as Gould says that Saints need help with their culture.

TruSaint

Referee
Had a very troubled youth growing up in WA including jail time but managed to get some support around him (Pickett family famous indigenous family in AFL) and got rich rewards today
I look at the AFL in general and lament how professional they are compared to NRL generally and then look at clubs like Richmond, Swans, GWS and shake my head in disbelief as Gould says that Saints need help with their culture.

Didn't know the kids background.. wow

Whilst i don't think I will ever become a convert AFL supporter, I agree that , as a professional sporting body, leave the NRL in their dust.

Meanwhile rugby sacks Israel for posting a religious item in his personal time and the NRL blocks any return to league, including working to stop him from playing for Tonga.

The world has gone dead set mad.

Straight Shooter

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Richmond Tigers 5 year plan doing a lot better than Gould's did at Penrith.
2 premiership flags in the last 3 years and now 100,000 members of the club.
The MCG had 100,000 spectator today for the game and Richmond managed to fill their old home ground just next door to the G as well.
Best we get their people to have a look at us rather than big Gus Gould.
AFL goes like that though it’s a merry go round with the draft. They pumped GWS no one wants to see that.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Tru,
Or is that the spin thats coming out because we cant afford to sack him ? I agree the review isnt wortha pinch of sh#t.. technically Gould has to throw him under the bus as supercoach has said that Gould is a mentor .. so if gus is giving him advice either A) it is absolute rubbish advice or B) it is ignored ..
I believe B is the correct answer no phone a friend required ,, So yes Goulds review is a complete whitewash
Very cunning to state Gould as his mentor.......never seen nothing like this conniver

Bench
I would have thought a review would take weeks, not hours. There should have been a review of the players, recruitment, the CAP, the whole structure of the club, no one should have been given a pass, It is obvious McIdiot should have been under intense scrutiny.
Is this review supposed to appease the supporters. Yes that the point. Did it appease you, me, all supporters, NO
That review will never see the light of day.

BLM01

First Grade
I would have thought a review would take weeks, not hours. There should have been a review of the players, recruitment, the CAP, the whole structure of the club, no one should have been given a pass, It is obvious McIdiot should have been under intense scrutiny.
Is this review supposed to appease the supporters. Yes that the point. Did it appease you, me, all supporters, NO
Not finished in fact just started and the Carpenters song rings true. We've only just begun!!!...it will take weeks
Say Mid October for the washing machine to stop spinning

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

The review was probably verbal.
You don't get much for a dollar nowadays and especially squat for free service.

Last edited:

Paddles

Juniors
Weidler reports (confirms?) some interesting things in this piece:

1. We have ‘the budget’ to get Gus as coaching director (making a lie of the excuse that there’s no money to pay out McGregor

2. Gus doesn’t want the job.

3. Gus only gave ‘his report’ to McGregor and Johnson, and it’s up to them if they want to share any of with the board - the implication being they haven’t or wont?

And with all that going on it’s still being reported that McGregor is locked in again whatever happens, even with more power to sign off on any support staff.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ti...ty-could-change-the-game-20190928-p52vv4.html

Last edited:

TruSaint

Referee

1. We have ‘the budget’ to get Gus as coaching director (making a lie of the excuse that there’s no money to pay out McGregor

3. Gus only gave ‘his report’ to McGregor and Johnson, and it’s up to them if they want to share any of with the board - the implication being they haven’t or wont?

And with all that going on it’s still being reported that McGregor is locked in again whatever happens, even with more power to sign off on any support staff.

Boom...

Makes sense. Esp paragraph 2. Gus's next job will be at the NRL, whilst he makes a shitload in the media now.

Crush

Coach

I've heard Gus has strongly advised SGI to employ Flanno as Mary's assistant. Mary and Flanno have had meetings.
I just cannot see it working. How could Flanno be an assistant to Mary? And Mary would know it too so I'd doubt Mary would want him.

Como Connection

First Grade
I've heard Gus has strongly advised SGI to employ Flanno as Mary's assistant. Mary and Flanno have had meetings.
I just cannot see it working. How could Flanno be an assistant to Mary? And Mary would know it too so I'd doubt Mary would want him.
Hopefully Mary has no say in that.
CC

boardlumps62

Juniors
Where are you guys getting this information. If I was Mary and know Flanno's coming on board I would be fuming.
Either he is being threatened with the sack with no options or he is a dickhead.
Can't believe I said that.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Where are you guys getting this information. If I was Mary and know Flanno's coming on board I would be fuming.
Either he is being threatened with the sack with no options or he is a dickhead.
Can't believe I said that.

Don't think he has a choice, mate.
He's burnt all his options over the years thru lacking any credibility and nil ability to get a job done.

Each year, they give him less to do and more assistants..... and he still fails.

How many times can you polish a terd before your end up flushing it for what it is?