What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby world cup

Willow

Assistant Moderator
* Rugby Union World Cup.

The first 'Rugby World Cup' was played in France in 1954, under Rugby League rules. In France it is called Rugby XIII.

It was about another 30 years before RU had their first world cup, and they act like they invented it. Even their Webb Ellis trophy is based on a lie.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Why is the game dying in Australia, watch and it doesn’t take long to see why. 3 minutes to feed a scrum, penalty for a fend with the forearm to the chest. Even Dragons footie is better and that’s saying something.

Sorry mate.
You had me until the last comment.

Unfortunately, we don't have the 'real' scrums that they do. How l miss a good scrum and a straight feed to the hookers instead of a blatant third row feed to the fullback!

hewi

Bench
Sorry mate.
You had me until the last comment.

Unfortunately, we don't have the 'real' scrums that they do. How l miss a good scrum and a straight feed to the hookers instead of a blatant third row feed to the fullback!

I actually agree re the scums but you can’t take 3 minutes to do it, the solution in league is the ref should feed the ball in.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I don’t mind Rugby and will watch all the Wallabies games but this WC in particular is shitting me to tears, each half is going for an hour but the ball is in play for probably 15 minutes. Australia seems to be on the end of some rough calls too. They are not rewarding the running style at all. That forearm nearly ended the life of my iMac monitor.

Walpole

Juniors
I actually agree re the scums but you can’t take 3 minutes to do it, the solution in league is the ref should feed the ball in.
The ref should feed the ball in? Because we need something extra to abuse them about? I can see the headline now "Dragons lose after second row feed by Matt Cecchin!" Yep, that'll work...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The ref should feed the ball in? Because we need something extra to abuse them about? I can see the headline now "Dragons lose after second row feed by Matt Cecchin!" Yep, that'll work...
Im happy to have the scrums as they are, maybe they could be tweaked a bit but all the rules in league have been refined over time to get rid of things are frustrating and time wasting and enhance the things people want to see. 13 men, no lineouts, 2 point penlties, 1 point drop goals, basic scrums. League is a very refined and evolved game compared to Union and i just wish the rest of the world could see it.

Walpole

Juniors
Im happy to have the scrums as they are, maybe they could be tweaked a bit but all the rules in league have been refined over time to get rid of things are frustrating and time wasting and enhance the things people want to see. 13 men, no lineouts, 2 point penlties, 1 point drop goals, basic scrums. League is a very refined and evolved game compared to Union and i just wish the rest of the world could see it.
And the best rugby players in Australia play league, not union.

Could do away with scrums altogether though. It's one of the few things Union can cling to, that they have "proper" scrums, but in reality they're the most boring part of a shit game.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
And the best rugby players in Australia play league, not union.

Could do away with scrums altogether though. It's one of the few things Union can cling to, that they have "proper" scrums, but in reality they're the most boring part of a shit game.
Only thing about our scrums are that theoretically they are meant to be an attacking platform for backs vs backs for one play, even though they very seldom do anything with them.

giboz71

First Grade
Lol.

Always makes me laugh when League fans question the relevance of scrums in Union.

The scrum is most pointless part of the game in League, from the time the halfback just puts it between the locks feet.

Oh and why does a hooker always seem to play lock in a League scrum? Isn't his role to "hook" for the ball like his position states?