What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith announces retirement from rep footy

Old Timer

Coach
Well Smith didn't announce any retirement from club football last night and I am hopeful he plays on.
I want him to become a player that went that season too far and it all slides down hill (due to their greedy self interested nature).
I would love to see him dog it halfway through a season because he can't hack it any longer and leave his mates in the lurch.
I am so sick of this bloke and the pandering by the press because everything is always about him.

Well Smith didn't announce any retirement from club football last night and I am hopeful he plays on.
I want him to become a player that went that season too far and it all slides down hill (due to their greedy self interested nature).
I would love to see him dog it halfway through a season because he can't hack it any longer and leave his mates in the lurch.
I am so sick of this bloke and the pandering by the press because everything is always about him.[/QUOT
Not sure if any body had seen a incident in the second half, where the Rooster where awarded a penalty , Where the the ref indicated a raised knee in a tackle. I thought the player was Cameron smith but was not positive because the commentators went silent and did not a word about the incident .

epDragon62

First Grade
I am so sick of this bloke and the pandering by the press because everything is always about him.
Disagree, totally

thebigredv

First Grade
Cameron Smith used to be more most disliked rugby league figure. Now there'a daylight between him and the man at top spot.

I'm sure you can join the dots.

RED73V

Juniors

Could not agree more, this guy goes down as one of / if not the biggest grub of all time. His win at all costs nature is not sportsmanship, remember Alex McKinnon & more recently was it Elliott Whitehead or John Bateman when he said to the ref “my kids have got bigger scratches on their knees & your stopping the game for that “. It turned out the player in question was at the hospital the next day getting medical treatment to treat the infection & drain the puss out of his knee. Billy Harriman said a little while ago on controversy corner that if he was still a ref Cameron Smith would be spending more time in the sin bin for trying to intimidate the refs decision making & until he got the message that’s how he would deal with him. What are the refs doing now SFA .

Old Timer

Coach
Could not agree more, this guy goes down as one of / if not the biggest grub of all time. His win at all costs nature is not sportsmanship, remember Alex McKinnon & more recently was it Elliott Whitehead or John Bateman when he said to the ref “my kids have got bigger scratches on their knees & your stopping the game for that “. It turned out the player in question was at the hospital the next day getting medical treatment to treat the infection & drain the puss out of his knee. Billy Harriman said a little while ago on controversy corner that if he was still a ref Cameron Smith would be spending more time in the sin bin for trying to intimidate the refs decision making & until he got the message that’s how he would deal with him. What are the refs doing now SFA .
Nice post
I think back to when one of the greatest gentleman to play the game Mick Cronin was once sent and can’t fathom how Smith has escaped that fate either for grubbiness, repeated infringements or dissent.
I wonder if they showed repeats of Smith’s games to young people studying to become refs what they would say the ref should have done compared to what other players actually suffered.
The Harrigan comment is so apt in my opinion.

Latest posts