What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crashtest

Juniors
One guy I'd throw 650k at is Papanhauzen. He would transform your attack and is a great talent.

Would certainly be an upgrade on Edwards in attack. But can't see the Storm letting him go now though, after they have moved Hughes to halfback to be able to start him, and pretty much forced Croft out of the club.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
imagine letting alot go and find no one to replace them, but panic buy garbage . I'm starting to lose faith 2020

Honestly, we are not a draw for topline players at the best of times, but I don't see many players coming here to win a premiership. The best we can offer is (a) more money than they currently get, or (b) more playing time, whihc means either we have to manage our salary cap very well or we have to take chances on other clubs' reserve graders. I don't think Cleary is that much of a draw as a coach, either.

Abacus

Juniors
Can anyone tip me up on the club's hookers coming through Ball & Flegg at the moment. Given we're apparently willing to let Egan go, and Api will be 30 at the end of his contract, we must have someone else highly rated to learn from Api and be ready anytime from 2022 (IMO, Kenny is not it).

Or, we're letting Egan go to establish himself as a NRL hooker and recruit him back in 2-3 years. That would be genius - so I'm ruling it out as Panthers' strategy.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Can anyone tip me up on the club's hookers coming through Ball & Flegg at the moment.

Maurice Trindall is a player I really like but he has off field dramas which will prevent him from making it unfortunately.

A few years younger is Ryley Smith. Ryley also plays cricket for NSW and Australia so there is no certainty on which sport he will choose.

Dave's mate

Juniors
Can anyone tip me up on the club's hookers coming through Ball & Flegg at the moment. Given we're apparently willing to let Egan go, and Api will be 30 at the end of his contract, we must have someone else highly rated to learn from Api and be ready anytime from 2022 (IMO, Kenny is not it).

Or, we're letting Egan go to establish himself as a NRL hooker and recruit him back in 2-3 years. That would be genius - so I'm ruling it out as Panthers' strategy.
Playing football for the Warriors doesn't help anyone's career

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal

I said in another thread letting Egan go makes no sense. Hands looks pretty good but hooker and an organising half are the 2 things we don't seem to have

Pomoz

Bench
Moving the Sydney is one thing yet they all happen to go to them

Maloney, SBW etc the list goes on. No TPA they don't get everyone and maybe the top guys go to other clubs and talent is spread around like the cap is meant to do
It is not just TPAs. It's the location in the heart of the Sydney, only Souths can compete in terms of lifestyle if you like the inner city vibe. It is being part of a winning culture that means consistent finals apperances. It's having a coach who has a better than 49% win rate and doesn't have his son in the team. It's dealing with a team owner who is logical, business like, massively successful outside the NRL and who doesn't hire his mates into key positions in the team.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Only 4 years/100 games of DREARY ball to go*.

*Unless there is an uprising and Dave and his mates are all sacked.

Please let there be a God...

If we miss the 8 the next 2 years they will move Cleary to Gould's old role and pay him close to a million to do it. Barrett will take over as head coach.

OldPanther

Coach
If we miss the 8 the next 2 years they will move Cleary to Gould's old role and pay him close to a million to do it. Barrett will take over as head coach.

So how about that plan C?

It's dealing with a team owner who is logical, business like, massively successful outside the NRL and who doesn't hire his mates into key positions in the team.

That's half the comp unfortunately.

betcats

Referee
I know Daz really has some great inside contacts buuuut predictions on what will happen in two years time if we miss the 8 lol why would anyone take that seriously? its straight from his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.