What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Morris

BLM01

First Grade
I just want to know if im a bitter asshole. I really dont want to see Morris win the GF with the Rorters or for them to win 2 in a row. Am i the only one? I have never got over BMoz leaving. Probably the best winger we have ever had and i mean ever.
Yes you are
My fav player when at the Dragons and gutted they let him go and like you never get over it...but it is clear now why he wanted to.
Best ever?...up there but debatable with
Someone mentioned King, Walford, Blacklock, Kurt Landers

Old Timer

Coach
I just want to know if im a bitter asshole. I really dont want to see Morris win the GF with the Rorters or for them to win 2 in a row. Am i the only one? I have never got over BMoz leaving. Probably the best winger we have ever had and i mean ever.
Brett Morris deserves every accolade and reward that come this way.
Was a great servant of our club and gave us all so many great thrills and it is the absence of those thrills that we miss and why some are bitter towards him.
The old chestnut of "pay him FB money when he is only a winger" still rings in my ears.
He was the best winger in the world and did lots more than the ordinary 2 or 5 style winger but our club just couldn't see it's way to recognise that, so he left.
Why should he have stayed, just to keep us happy when we wouldn't do the same for him?
Re best winger ever it is too hard to judge as we have had so many of them but certainly in the top 3 or 4.
King was a great winger as was big Eddie Lumsden (137 tries for St G and only 2 years out of his 11 year career did he not make double figures in a 10 team comp) and of course Slippery, Blacklock, Walford, COF all brought the crowds to their feet with their sheer brilliance.
Just happy to have seen all of them and I recognise each one for their particular contribution to thrill the fans of our club.
PS: Stanley Gorton had a truly memorable year when he topped the try scoring list with 22 tries in 1968 and many of those were a joy to see as well.

TruSaint

Referee
It’s obviously hard to compare eras but I just think the modern player is a lot better than the older players. NRL players these days can probably run faster than Olympic sprinters of times gone. Plus the finishing abilities etc. He really was the complete package.

Yep, he was great for us.
And comparing eras is difficult, but thats all we have to go on.

The modern winger today is just about as crucial as the old "spine" cliche'.
Hit ups, metre eaters, diffusing bombs, scoring from broken play, amazing athleticism and so on.
Look at the current crop of elite wingers..

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Wasn’t Morris one of the first ones to get out of the joint after McGregor got his hands on the coaching job? Smart choice to leave then.
Yeah I definitely don’t begrudge him for leaving more for the club letting him go. Ultimately what I would love is for both the twins to return to the Dragons and win the 2020 comp with us. A highly likely scenario..

Crush

Coach
It’s obviously hard to compare eras but I just think the modern player is a lot better than the older players. NRL players these days can probably run faster than Olympic sprinters of times gone. Plus the finishing abilities etc. He really was the complete package.
BMOZ was handy but no Ravawala. I think we have the 2 best wingers in the comp right now. Ravalawa and the other one. Was it Pearson? Or Pereira? Can't remember, it started with a P though.....

thebigredv

First Grade
I get the sentiment from the OP but I am at a point where Brett Morris can do what he likes and enjoy it... in fact, Tyson can leave and go on to do great things in a Rooster jersey too. What's more, Mary and his lover boy Euan can stay and live out the dwindling light left in their horrible careers by disgracing our jersey just that little more... who cares anymore? We've no power, no voice to contest it. Just powerless dollar signs to the people who pull the trigger. We've already hit rock bottom, and then kept falling further it seems. I'm disgusted with my club. Absolutely cannot believe how the powers that be have allowed the now inevitable extinction of the big red v. The end is nigh.