What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita for sale

snout

First Grade
OK, I'll answer. f**k all. In fact he only conceded 19 penalties all year. In 21 games. Less than 1 a game. As a prop.
Practically one a game.
From a bloke who plays about 40 - 60 minutes.
If we allow that as a benchmark for all thats 15 penalties a game.

Quigs

Immortal
He is a deadset flopper. Old mate and I laugh everytime we watch a game at how munch he flops and how many times you hear "Andrew" "Andrew" before he finally gets pinged for it.

His Bulldog Brower style of doing the flop doesn't help either. He always does it from the top rope. Stands out like dogs balls.

sharkman73

Juniors
If we can get something in return and another club is willing to pay his full salary, let him go.

30 years old now, poor 2019 season, injury concerns, rumours around he doesn't like Bomber.

He's on elite prop money and no where near elite atm. No gaurantee he'll get back to that level.

I'll always love him but it's a no brainer for mine to unload a highly paid, under-performing 30 year old at no cost to us, if possible.

I thought that the Salary Cap penalty was around $365k or one good First Grader?

Why is there a PERCEPTION that we need to offload various players to be cap compliant?

You would think we need to get rid of $1M worth of talent to be under the cap.

Give me strength!.
@fizman

Edit. I quoted the wrong post. This is in reaction to Fizmans post about the cap penalty. On phone so can’t fix.

Yeah but if you move a player on he still has to be replaced in the squad and that new players salary has to be compliant. So if you replace a mid tier player on $375k with a rookie on a wage of $120k. You are still $120 over the cap. So the fine is more like $500k and you are now approaching upper mid tier player level.

I am unsurprised to hear this. Flano, for all his faults, was able to get the best out of this bloke relatively consistently which is a real testimony to his man management. Good luck to anyone else.

Last edited:

wibble

Bench
Swap for Frizz plz

Would be a great swap, as opposed to just letting Fifita go for next to no reason, which is nuts.

But it would not help salary cap concerns, Dragons would never do it (unless they really are concerned with his body, which means we just get another version of Fifita's knee), and doesn't necessarily "fix" Morris gaining control over the team, if that is a thing that needs to happen. Would depend on his relationship with Frizzel.

I love Frizzel, and he would be a great addition to any team, but I would also think we need a top prop more than a top back rower.

Go Nulla

Bench
I think we might have "got" a good prop. He was tearing them apart in the State champions game today.

I have not seen him play a bad game and I have watched him in more than a few games..
Yes Rudolph may be our best Christmas present for a while Quigs

chewsta

First Grade
Crazy to think he has been out for most of the year except the last 6 or so weeks. He dominated in every game.

snout

First Grade
Needs to put a few kilos on.
Not quite up to tackling the storm pack or warea hargraves just yet but has huge potential

Latest posts