What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno assistant coach,,...?

nontime111

Juniors
Yeah I don’t know the inner workings of the club but from the outside it looks like he’s been treated pretty well, especially by Mary who has publicly backed him, and allowed him to train. If I were in his position I’d feel I owe the Saints my loyalty for life.
yes, if hes innocent...he OWES us!!!!!
and If hes innocent he will be damn keen to make amends on the field hopefully, with the right coach and just on more gun Prop signing and a decent centre signing to accompany Lomax well go ok, IF hes innocent, which I pray as hes a wrecking ball and no one could replace him from our team this year, no one! We would have not leaked 30 tries if He was there in the middle

nontime111

Juniors
I'm not a flanagan fan but if he can shake the joint up I'm ok with the appointment.

Something is better than the nothing we had this year.

Hopefully the players respond to him...
yes!! respond full well KNOWING that he may be the COACH in a years time maybe... I hope the kids smell some positivity and stay, make a pact to RIDE Mary out...the second hes gone well SPRING liker a f^&^ million foot pulled back rubber band!!
its ONLY the IDIOT coach that is making us a losing team....Id put money on it

Gareth67

First Grade
What If. The media is right and we end up with Sheens too. Surely that's the board saying you are replaceable. Sheens caretaker could be the interim solution and give the club an option.

Who am I kidding though

I read that also redVinme , I always thought that Sheens was a most capable coach and was surprised when the Dragons knocked him back years ago and instead went with the maestro. Yet another blunder by the fools who run the show at the J.V.

redVinme

Juniors
I read that also redVinme , I always thought that Sheens was a most capable coach and was surprised when the Dragons knocked him back years ago and instead went with the maestro. Yet another blunder by the fools who run the show at the J.V.

Agreed wholeheardly. But refuse to get my hopes up as its just as likely that two coaches with 4 premierships will be hired to support someone that will never win one.

BLM01

First Grade
What If. The media is right and we end up with Sheens too. Surely that's the board saying you are replaceable. Sheens caretaker could be the interim solution and give the club an option.

Who am I kidding though

It is that...although thought it was to be GUS but Sheens will do and also the review that told them

Do you want to be known as a club of mates surrounding trying to win as your culture? or
Do you want a winning culture?
Well start looking outside for direction from people that know how to win..... Here to help you and ring me if you want anymore clarification or future help at times...but no I dont want the GM football job
Start here....Flanno & Sheens 2 great minds of the game that know how to win

Review over and no wonder it was free.
Supporters have been helping for years via forums and could of said the same.

Wait till Flanno (done deal) & hopefully Sheens if approved by the board start Day 1.
They will surely go...WTF....have we walked into here
Mary..go and sit in the corner and we will work though the MESS and let you know when we want something done.
Ian...you report to me now says Sheensy.
Flannos maiden speech
"Forwards & backs..I am the new assistant and I will be assisting Mary by coaching you in every way possible behind the snooping cameras, doing team selections except Mary will do the media interviews and in front of any cameras at training or in the sheds do the talking after I keep him in the loop
He will also do the ongoing performance reviews with you all after I write them. Any questions talk to me not Mary"

IF ONLY

Como Connection

First Grade
It is that...although thought it was to be GUS but Sheens will do and also the review that told them

Do you want to be known as a club of mates surrounding trying to win as your culture? or
Well start looking outside for direction from people that know how to win..... Here to help you and ring me if you want anymore clarification or future help at times...but no I dont want the GM football job

Wait till Flanno (done deal) & hopefully Sheens if approved by the board start Day 1.
Mary..go and sit in the corner and we will work though the MESS and let you know when we want something done.
Flannos maiden speech
"Forwards & backs..I am the new assistant and I will be assisting Mary by coaching you in every way possible behind the snooping cameras, doing team selections except Mary will do the media interviews and in front of any cameras at training or in the sheds do the talking after I keep him in the loop
He will also do the ongoing performance reviews with you all after I write them. Any questions talk to me not Mary"

IF ONLY
"Then Tim takes over when Mary is sacked until I can take that role".
CC

BLM01

First Grade
"Then Tim takes over when Mary is sacked until I can take that role".
CC
"After we throw the 1st 8 games to be 0 and 8 then we will come home and win most and scramble into the Top 4 will be our minimum goal"
BTW I have just reduced your target points conceded each game from 16 to 0.

denis preston

First Grade

Flannos maiden speech

IF ONLY
Love it, best case scenario. There is actually not much that Flanagan can't do to be the main coach behind the scenes and satisfy the NRL at the same time.
.If Mary had any pride he would resign after being put in a corner.The only issue is the interim coach and i want Young way out of this scenario as well.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If Sheens comes on board as the GM of football, I belive this wouldnt be to oversee Mc85mins but to ensure Flannagan stays true to the path set by the NRL.
This, to me, sounds like more of a structure in place for an early appeal to the new head of the NRL in Vlandys. This card will be played when Mc85mins is sacked or sees his relationship with Sheens is untenable.

Nice dream if true.

Gareth67

First Grade
May all of the above posts actually eventuate and we are not disappointed at the very last moment . And should all come to fruition then finally we can begin to breathe a little easier, knowing that there is indeed light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:

jak

Bench
I sincerely wish that all of the above posts actually eventuate and we are not disappointed at the very last moment . And should all come to fruition then finally we can begin to breathe a little easier, knowing that there is indeed light at the end of the tunnel.
trouble being no one has any idea how long that bloody tunnel is, it may even be a circle.

Latest posts