What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Rooster8

Juniors
The AFL GF logo is actually part of the jersey is it not? Not even a patch, and regardless of the jersey manufactuer

How do they get 2 whole teams worth of jerseys made when we in such short notice? Especially when we can't even get a couple of patches?
They are heat-transferred patches? The AFL sends both teams a certain number of patches and it's up to the teams uniform department to apply them to the approved jersey. If you look at both teams Instagram, you can actually watch them apply the patch to the guernsey. The patch has a 3D element to the logo, it looks very well made.

$_20.JPG

sempmrh

Juniors
They are heat-transferred patches? The AFL sends both teams a certain number of patches and it's up to the teams uniform department to apply them to the approved jersey. If you look at both teams Instagram, you can actually watch them apply the patch to the guernsey. The patch has a 3D element to the logo, it looks very well made.

$_20.JPG
It’s actually a pretty big deal (as far as social media goes for clubs) to be able to show the AFL Grand Final patch being applied to the jerseys. Who wouldn’t want to see that from your club?

It’s exactly how it should be done for the NRL. I can’t really think of a jersey manufacturer that still embroiders the logos for player issue jerseys. It’d be easy to iron a new logo on no matter what club it is.

We have this conversation every year, I think. It just makes too much sense. Make it a black background with a gold logo. Done.

Rooster8

Juniors
Someone else on here would be able to do a better job, but this was my 10 minute mock up. Not alot of room to work with, and when I tried making all the font in the same dimension, it just looked crowded. I also tried to make the badge outline in a chevron shape, but it left too much blank space around the logo. (I know the fonts are different)
NRL19.png

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Someone else on here would be able to do a better job, but this was my 10 minute mock up. Not alot of room to work with, and when I tried making all the font in the same dimension, it just looked crowded. I also tried to make the badge outline in a chevron shape, but it left too much blank space around the logo. (I know the fonts are different)
View attachment 33401
The official Grand Final logo is in the image below from the NRL:

EFnYDF6WkAAidW7

Reflector

Juniors
I wouldn't even bother buying a jersey these days, unless the design was well executed and it didn't have ugly sponsor logos plastered all over it. No coincidence the retro jerseys are so popular.

Otherwise, past a certain age you're better off getting your NRL teams' shirt/ jacket/ scarf instead.

The Marshall

Juniors
Interestingly they can put a special badge on for Ken Stephens Medal nominations but not a Grand Final badge. I must admit I haven’t seen embroidery like this so close before but does it normally look that dodgy?

Rooster8

Juniors
Interestingly they can put a special badge on for Ken Stephens Medal nominations but not a Grand Final badge. I must admit I haven’t seen embroidery like this so close before but does it normally look that dodgy?
That's just infuriating. The NRL can send out a one or maybe two badges for the KS medal nominees, but not special grand final badges. I'm sure the embroidering it looks very special, but it feels just the same as someone who's just played their 50th NRL game.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Cotton on has released a bunch of NRL clothing today. It looks a bit similar to the stuff that 47 was doing I wonder if that contract ran out?

Here’s a link to NRL announcing it.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/01/dwz-desperate-to-overcome-knee-issue-to-play-for-kiwis/

Here’s the gear.
https://cottonon.com/AU/nrl-|-storm-chopped-graphic-tee/9801200-06.html?dwvar_9801200-06_color=9801200-06&cgid=&originalPid=9801200-06#q=nrl&sz=48&start=49

This kind of thing os the best advertising the NRL could get...

People wearing this in the street places the NRL at the centre of Sydney culture.

As it is now, just the kids and the bogans wear the jersey in public. The rest keep their NRL at home like a guilty secret

Dark Corner

Juniors
Just a shame the collar on this is wrong it should be black!
At least you get the NRL badge on that eyesore as my Roosters top doesn't have it on and even a AFL rugby type training top for the Dockers doesn't have the famous AFL badge on.

6utU7s6.jpg

the embroidery on these jerseys can be dodgy as.
At least you get the NRL badge on that eyesore as my Roosters top doesn't have it on and even a AFL rugby type training top for the Dockers doesn't have the famous AFL badge on.

yakstorm

First Grade
This kind of thing os the best advertising the NRL could get...

People wearing this in the street places the NRL at the centre of Sydney culture.

As it is now, just the kids and the bogans wear the jersey in public. The rest keep their NRL at home like a guilty secret

Agree that this is a masterstroke. Not only have they made NRL gear which is less 'in your face' than most of the current club gear, they have kept the price point reasonable.

T-Boon

Coach
I wouldn't even bother buying a jersey these days, unless the design was well executed and it didn't have ugly sponsor logos plastered all over it. No coincidence the retro jerseys are so popular.

Otherwise, past a certain age you're better off getting your NRL teams' shirt/ jacket/ scarf instead.

The NRL clubs need to get some market awareness. Walk into a men's clothing store and see the huge popularity of simple T-shirts without any branding. Men don't want to walk around as a brand bill board. I concede there has to be a major sponsor ad. But halve the size of it. The club badge should be considerably bigger than the sponsor ad. Additionally simple colour schemes, not indescribable rainbows.

kdalymc

Bench
Brett is a knobhead

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191002-085727.jpg
    Screenshot_20191002-085727.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:

GAZF

First Grade
A black patch with the bronze premiership logo over the top of the regular one would be perfect. It's insane that they can't get something this simple correct.

GAZF

First Grade
The NRL clubs need to get some market awareness. Walk into a men's clothing store and see the huge popularity of simple T-shirts without any branding. Men don't want to walk around as a brand bill board. I concede there has to be a major sponsor ad. But halve the size of it. The club badge should be considerably bigger than the sponsor ad. Additionally simple colour schemes, not indescribable rainbows.
Plain tee with a simplified logo on the right chest (or sleeve) would sell pretty well imo. I'd like to be able to wear team gear out in public without people giving me unsolicited directions to the nearest KFC, Liquorland, or Super Cheap Auto.

T-Boon

Coach
Plain tee with a simplified logo on the right chest (or sleeve) would sell pretty well imo. I'd like to be able to wear team gear out in public without people giving me unsolicited directions to the nearest KFC, Liquorland, or Super Cheap Auto.

That's extremely funny. Nice work. I'll keep an eye out for more of your material.

Arucard

Juniors
Why would you worry about anybody else's opinions when choosing how you dress?
If you aren't a fan of wearing a jersey personally, that's your choice. There is nothing wrong with wearing your teams merch out in public, no matter your age. If you're more worried about how someone else sees you, you've got far deeper issues to work out.
Everyone's image of everyone else is different. Someone could see you wearing a simple team shirt and think you were nothing more than a casual fan, while they could see someone wearing the playing jersey and think they are with their team through thick and thin, wearing the same armor their gladiators wear to battle every week.

Latest posts