What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World 9's Ticket Sales? One month to go!

MKCS

Juniors
I think the lack of tickets comes from fans not knowing who is actually going to appear. Myself and the Mrs are off that night and keen to attend but when she asked "Who will be there?" I couldn't name one player.

I understand teams haven't been named etc but it'd be nice if the Nines had at least a few names that the people are going to see. We as fans honestly don't know if the top tier nations are going to name star players or if it's going to be the likes of Brailey and Xerri turning out for Australia.

I'm not expecting full teams but it'd have to be a disappointment if this tournament couldn't get the likes of Cook, Addo-Carr, Ponga, Gagai turning out for Australia.

Don't think an ambassador would be a bad idea either. Get someone with links to Channel 9 or Fox League who are regularly in the limelight and well known/respected to do all the media appearances, talk the Nines up, turn up on game day for a speech and photos with the kids. People love that.

adamkungl

Immortal
Another half hearted attempt. Is piss poor organisation of international events in Australia down to plain incompetence or is it a deliberate ploy from people with a vested interest in other organisations or events?

While on the one hand I don't think it's panic stations yet, with the finals obviously soaking up most of the attention

But, giving this event to the NRL after the massive disappointment they delivered in 2017 is a mistake. Their only concern here is being in a position to wield influence in the RLIF by holding the chequebook.

yakstorm

First Grade
I have more faith in the NRL Marketing team than the RLWC team. Part of the problem with the RLWC2017 was it was a completely separate business to the NRL, with its own Marketing, Ticketing, etc staff.

The NRL team have a lot more levers they can pull to try and sell the event, and you can see it with there at least being promotion at grounds during Finals and Social Posts, which there were very few of leading into the RLWC (in fact the NRL even posted a meme just after the GF heading into the 2017 RLWC about there being no more footy this year).

The fact that even a handful of key players haven't been named is a missed opportunity. As MKCS mentioned, at least then you could have someone trying to push it... it is actually something Duco did well at the start of the whole Auckland 9s was having players like JT, etc pushing tickets and committing to play.

Springs09

Juniors
For my tickets bought 18 Sept - Friday Pax - 3,413, Saturday Pax - 4,433

There has been considerably more advertising in the last 2 weeks than before then though.

yakstorm

First Grade
Looks like clubs have started sending out Marketing Emails now as well for the tournament.

Got an email for the Nines + Test from Dragons today (I'm on a number of club's mailing lists).

yakstorm

First Grade
So there is definitely some movement of tickets now.

Friday:
  • Category 1: Now selling into 117. 114, 115 & 116 are pretty much filled now.
  • Category 2: Now selling into 224. First time selling on the Northern End, all other sales have been on Southern.
Saturday:
  • Category 1: Now selling into 113 & 118. 114, 115, 116 & 117 all pretty much filled.
  • Category 2: Now selling into 223. 224 and 225 look to be both at least half filled (first however many rows of seats)

Big unknown is Cat 3, which is the top seller, and is also GA. Lot more advertising happening as well, was a lot of promotion at the NRL takeover in the city, and there is now DOOH advertising happening now as well.

yakstorm

First Grade
Category 1's are now selling into Level 2 (215) on the Saturday, whilst I'm assume the NRL has put too many Category 2 Bays 'On-Hold' as it is saying 'Single Seats Only'.

Encouraging that there is visible movement almost daily now.

yakstorm

First Grade
The one unknown is how many people purchased Travel Packages and Corporate Hospitality. Both NRL and SportsNet Travel have been reporting that their Travel Packages have been sold out for a while, whilst Corporate Sales has supposedly been strong, so that may add another 2K - 4K to the total sales.

Matua

Bench
So there is definitely some movement of tickets now.

Friday:
  • Category 1: Now selling into 117. 114, 115 & 116 are pretty much filled now.
  • Category 2: Now selling into 224. First time selling on the Northern End, all other sales have been on Southern.
Saturday:
  • Category 1: Now selling into 113 & 118. 114, 115, 116 & 117 all pretty much filled.
  • Category 2: Now selling into 223. 224 and 225 look to be both at least half filled (first however many rows of seats)

Big unknown is Cat 3, which is the top seller, and is also GA. Lot more advertising happening as well, was a lot of promotion at the NRL takeover in the city, and there is now DOOH advertising happening now as well.

Clearly I needed to visit Martin Place for the marketing for this.

Springs09

Juniors
I’ve seen them at bus stops all over Sydney, seen ads on social media for months, seen ads on fox league, even saw an ad in a newspaper at the coffee shop.

Don't be silly, no one is advertising. It's all the marketing's fault again.

yakstorm

First Grade
Lower Bowl for Saturday is looking pretty full now, and Cat 1's and 2's are back selling on Level 2.

In Cat 2, there has now been sales into Bay's 205, 206, 210, 211, 219, 220, 223, 224 and 225.

Still some Cat 1 tickets in the lower bowl for Friday, but good to see Cat 2 sales back on Level 2.

Hopefully the 2 for 1 offer in Cat 2's, plus today's Media Launch keeps the sales ticking over, and good weather on Friday and Saturday sees some walk ups.

magpie_man

Juniors
Myself and around 5-6 mates are going Friday night, we're waiting to get tix at the gate so we can all sit together.
Parramatta Lanes Festival will still be on this Friday night which could either help or hinder a walk-up crowd.

Matua

Bench
I’ve seen them at bus stops all over Sydney, seen ads on social media for months, seen ads on fox league, even saw an ad in a newspaper at the coffee shop.
I must be moving in the wrong areas of Sydney. Social media is the only one I've noticed (assuming we consider this forum social media).

I'd expect the newspapers to have info about it but I haven't read an actual newspaper in years.

Either way, it took me reading this forum to know it was on and I'm already close to their core audience.

Springs09

Juniors
I must be moving in the wrong areas of Sydney. Social media is the only one I've noticed (assuming we consider this forum social media).

I'd expect the newspapers to have info about it but I haven't read an actual newspaper in years.

Either way, it took me reading this forum to know it was on and I'm already close to their core audience.

So, what else do you expect them to do? Figure out your commute and put big billboards wherever you go just so Matua knows its on?

If they put advertising everywhere where everyone else has seen it and you still don't know its on well that's your fault not theirs. I've known when and where it was on since it was announced.

Latest posts