What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bring Back The Daytime Grand Final!!

What time would you prefer the NRL Grand Final to Kickoff

• 3:00pm

• 5:00pm

• 7:30pm

Results are only viewable after voting.

Diesel

Referee
Is it time to re-visit the twilight GF again?

I’ve just come back from a few weeks in NZ, where one team is based and KO of the finals footy as been close to 10pm.

A new tv deal will start negotiations shortly

some11

Referee
Is it time to re-visit the twilight GF again?

I’ve just come back from a few weeks in NZ, where one team is based and KO of the finals footy as been close to 10pm.

A new tv deal will start negotiations shortly
Agree wholeheartedly.

For those wondering, it moved to a time slot between 7-8pm from 2013 onwards.

T-Boon

Coach
I have read that some in the AFL want to go towards an evening GF because of how badly the daytime AFLGF is rating on TV.

Diesel

Referee
Should be daytime.
Won’t happen.

See you back here next year.
My preference is twilight over night time. A 5:30/6pm KO. If TEN/CBS get the rights, we won’t be dictated by a 6pm news bulletin falling between the interstate cup & NRLW games and then the big dance

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Daytime please. Then a big piss up at night. With the current setup I'm usually too destroyed to remember the grand final.

Stop drinking you say? I'm sure that will work well. Makes you sound like Todd Greenberg.

Billythekid

First Grade
I would prefer and early arvo GF. Having said that I won’t get home work until almost 4.30pm this year so the night GF kinda works in my favour this year.

GAZF

First Grade
Time difference to Perth. Bunnings is still open at kickoff. AFL can't win
This doesn't even take Coles' extended hours into account.

Maybe they need to cut their losses and shift to a first past the post championship, to save from the continual embarrassment.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Nah, that ship has sailed. Nothing more frustrating than watching a daytime match on TV & shadows cross over the ground making it hard to see the action. Games looks better on TV now.