What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldPanther

Coach
It would be JWH wouldn't it? Been spoken about for a while.

Big fan of cryptic posts. Even if 99.9% go over my head.

It’s clearly JWH guys lol. Will be announced when Roosters’ season is over.

Best part about signing JWH is he will have a cycle of play a few weeks and get suspended for a few weeks allowing us to develop young props that can play a few first grade games and go back to reserve grade over the season.

The yak

Juniors
You lot are getting carried away. He said maybe a decent signing, value buys and not to get our hopes up.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeo is a lock
JFH is a prop

So our stacked backrow consists of

Kikau 52 games
Martin 16 games
Burns 2 games
Jed 1 game
Ellis 8 games

I wouldn't call it stacked for this season or even next.

Crashtest

Juniors
Yeo is a lock
JFH is a prop

Kikau 52 games
Martin 16 games
Burns 2 games
Jed 1 game
Ellis 8 games

And Ellis should be considered a lock or prop, too slow for 2nd row in first grade.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeo is a lock
JFH is a prop

Kikau 52 games
Martin 16 games
Burns 2 games
Jed 1 game
Ellis 8 games

Except Yeo has played 99% of his career in the backrow and is clearly part of our backrow depth.

JFH is also part of it... although he's better in the middle.

Discounting 2 players who have spent alot of time in the backrow as options because they have been used elsewhere is ridiculous. They can and have been part of our backrow rotation... and are part of our stacked second row options in 2020.

These guys will likely be used as middleforwards because the quality of our second rowers coming through is so high and our middle forwards is so low. Second row is the least of our concerns

betcats

Referee
Batemen would start over any of our backrowers. Our backrow isn't stacked, there are options there but a lot of them are un-established in the top grade, that isn't stacked.

JFH is far better in the middle, he is elite there IMO. On the edge he isn't he just doesn't impact the games anywhere near like he does in the middle. Yeo is a back rower but he wasn't very threatening there all season long, I think he is better in the middle now also.

OldPanther

Coach
Batemen would start over any of our backrowers. Our backrow isn't stacked, there are options there but a lot of them are un-established in the top grade, that isn't stacked.

JFH is far better in the middle, he is elite there IMO. On the edge he isn't he just doesn't impact the games anywhere near like he does in the middle. Yeo is a back rower but he wasn't very threatening there all season long, I think he is better in the middle now also.

In Yeo's defence he had the shoulder problem. Though I agree he should be in the middle going forward.

Bateman would easily start but no way he leaves Raiders and I doubt we want so many spots going to second rowers. Might not be heaps of experience but we've got a lot of them depending on contracts(haven't looked). I think Kikau/Martin will be the first choice unless Martin goes to the middle rotation.

Fangs

Coach
JFH should only play backrow in a pinch moving forward.

Yeo was injured in 2019 but will need to take his game to a new level to stay in the backrow. Best bet is to develop his offload. Doesn't appear to have much in the kicking/passing department and with our current halves I think we will need it on the edge for play 5 options.

mxlegend99

Referee
We have to be realistic. We arent getting an established second rower that is better than what we have without destroying our cap again.

Yeo should return to his best in 2020 when he is fully fit and alobg with Kikau is an incredible starting second row.

We only move him to lock if the likes of Martin, Burns etc. are performing too well not to force their way into our starting line-up which is more than likely going to be the case. Deadset we have so many options in the second row and no realistic signing will improve it... and any that could would be causing more damage to our cap than it would be marginally improving a position that is not an issue.

age.s

First Grade
Croker aside, we should absolutely be looking at one of the Canberra outside backs. They have 4 players (Rapana, Leilua, Simonsson, Cotric) who would walk into our top squad and only 3 positions for them. All would be amazing options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts