What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

sempmrh

Juniors
My preference is to wear a proper, fully sponsored jersey exactly as the players wear - but lighter, more comfortable fabric. For a supposedly ‘light weight’ garment they still feel a little heavy and strange to wear.

GAZF

First Grade
Why would you worry about anybody else's opinions when choosing how you dress?
If you aren't a fan of wearing a jersey personally, that's your choice. There is nothing wrong with wearing your teams merch out in public, no matter your age. If you're more worried about how someone else sees you, you've got far deeper issues to work out.
Everyone's image of everyone else is different. Someone could see you wearing a simple team shirt and think you were nothing more than a casual fan, while they could see someone wearing the playing jersey and think they are with their team through thick and thin, wearing the same armor their gladiators wear to battle every week.
fmd... even T-Boon picked up on the joke.

Maybe I personally think that a lot of the fan gear looks trash. I'm a grown man and I would like to dress accordingly while still supporting my team. I save wearing billboards for attending games but would wear the shit out of quality casual gear when I'm out and about.

cooko

Juniors
A black patch with the bronze premiership logo over the top of the regular one would be perfect. It's insane that they can't get something this simple correct.
Mind you as a roosters fan I’d be hopeful that they could do a navy blue patch, not black. And the raiders would look better with royal blue or even their green.

Also - how about the premiers have a gold nrl badge instead of white the following season.

GAZF

First Grade
Mind you as a roosters fan I’d be hopeful that they could do a navy blue patch, not black. And the raiders would look better with royal blue or even their green.

Also - how about the premiers have a gold nrl badge instead of white the following season.
I suggested black as its the colour of the grand final. Putting bronze on club colours dilutes the event's branding. Wouldn't necessarily be against it on club colours for defending premiers though.

My preference is to wear a proper, fully sponsored jersey exactly as the players wear - but lighter, more comfortable fabric. For a supposedly ‘light weight’ garment they still feel a little heavy and strange to wear.

They refer to them as replica but to me a replica means it should have the rubbery, grippy thingies on the chest. Sure you’re not carrying a ball but I can see myself, arms folded holding a schooner against my chest. I’d imagine it would be quite useful as the day wears on

sempmrh

Juniors
They refer to them as replica but to me a replica means it should have the rubbery, grippy thingies on the chest. Sure you’re not carrying a ball but I can see myself, arms folded holding a schooner against my chest. I’d imagine it would be quite useful as the day wears on
I have a couple of player issue jerseys by ISC and Canterbury - both with gel grips. I can't really wear those jerseys because despite going several sizes up from what I'd normally wear they're still too much of an 'athletic' fit for me to wear comfortably. From trying them on, though, you get a surprising amount of grip - especially the Canterbury one. It's a little bit too grippy (almost sticky) to wear seriously but it might actually do the trick for you there.

Canterbury seems to sell player issue jerseys but only for rep teams - the one I have is one of the last Maroons jerseys they did. It was $200 so not worth it unless you're a pretty serious collector (or you have a sickness like I do).

kdalymc

Bench
Re- marketing, look at a Yankees cap. Every f**ken gronk dick head and his dum girlfriend wear one, and can't even name 2 players. Biggest brand on earth and it's 2 plain letters. Americans are pretty backward but they know how to get a sporting team out there...

Rooster8

Juniors
Roosters Grand Final Jersey, Unchanged from last year.
s-l1600.jpg

TDD91

Juniors

Super League have started giving the defending champions 'Gold' numbers for the season after. Looked fine when it was Leeds, but bloody awful on Wigan where they were on a white background.

I wish they would go back to the GF patch rather than the essay worth of embroidery, looked much cleaner and more important (except the year the Knights and Eels had that monster plate on their chest).

gzerounian

Juniors
Any idea on 9's WC jerseys.

Please tell me that Australia won't be using the Kangaroos jersey.
Like the Australian twenty20 jersey, they might introduce a third colour to go with the green and gold. This would be pretty cool but may open up too many old wounds. Technically it actually was the first Australian nines jersey.
Screenshot_20191003_090925.jpg

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like minmal - if any - ground markings for the GF tomorrow. The mats used last year are back with a Premiership logo in between:

EGGX2bQUYAEvLir

Nuke

Staff member
Probably don't mark the field for GF day anymore because the day is officially a GF double-header with the NRLW GF, and having two competition logos plus four club logos (or more to the point, should the same club qualify for the mens and womens GF, working out how to get only three club logos painted without it looking stupid) just would look confusing.

I was thinking recently, to get around the GF badge issue, they could use this one, or a variation of it, from their recent marketing:
thegrandfinals_linear_nav.svg

I do miss the days of club logos / colours being painted (not superimposed) onto the GF pitch, but I guess those days are gone unless the same two clubs play in both the mens and womens GFs on the same day.