What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ratings

taipan

Referee
Even though I'm banned from big footy i still look at some of the comments that are posted on there and there is a genuine hate of the midgets with the concessions that they get and also like us a lot posters on on there don't believe the crowd numbers put out by the midgets at times.
I'm sure you would agree with us and some fellow posters on big footy when we say that some home crowd figures given out at times for gws, the suns and the lions are questionable to say the least.

IOW the Midgets are Fidgets???

The_Wookie

Bench
Even though I'm banned from big footy i still look at some of the comments that are posted on there and there is a genuine hate of the midgets with the concessions that they get and also like us a lot posters on on there don't believe the crowd numbers put out by the midgets at times.
I'm sure you would agree with us and some fellow posters on big footy when we say that some home crowd figures given out at times for gws, the suns and the lions are questionable to say the least.

Ive said before on here and elsewhere that I personally have some issues with the crowd and membership figures reported by both expansion clubs. That said, my twitter feed and site deal in reported data as I dont consider my eyes to be a primary source of data.

Billythekid

First Grade

Geez look at all rugby league fans turning off in droves because the storm are so boring to watch.

Also it’s crazy how much of a sleeping giant the tigers are. Would be awesome to see them back near the top. The 2005 tigers were insanely popular and I think there are a lot of people who grew up having a soft spot for them even if they aren’t tigers fans.

The unknown

Juniors
Geez look at all rugby league fans turning off in droves because the storm are so boring to watch.

Also it’s crazy how much of a sleeping giant the tigers are. Would be awesome to see them back near the top. The 2005 tigers were insanely popular and I think there are a lot of people who grew up having a soft spot for them even if they aren’t tigers fans.

We were insanely popular back then cause the people liked attacking football. Not that Melbourne and Roosters aren't great attacking outfits but that tigers team could concede 30 points and still win games.

I think there was a stat saying 80% of our tries were scored from our own half.

That 05 premiership probably made us viable up until now. I struggle to see if we would exist today if it wasn't for that premiership win raking in 1000s of fans and revenue

Perth Red

Post Whore

It'd be interesting to know the variables in that in regards to time slots, simucast on Nine etc. Still great result to see our only expansion team so well viewed.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Record rating for NSW Cup

The Canterbury Cup NSW has finished the season on a high note with the Grand Final extra-time thriller between Newtown Jets and Wentworthville Magpies returning the highest ratings ever for the competition.

Newtown prevailed 20-15 over the Magpies in a match that went down to the wire with fullback William Kennedy scoring the match-winner to hand the Jets their first premiership since 2012.

The match televised on Nine from 3pm (AEST) had an average audience of 129,783 and a peak audience of 215,614 to continue a successful season for the NSWRL with ratings up by 10 per cent for both Nine and Fox League on Fox Sports.

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/09/30/record-ratings-for-canterbury-cup-nsw-grand-final/

The Womens GF was not a good lead in or result.

The ratings hopefully has them rethinking.

U20's State Cup
State Cup
GF

Perth Red

Post Whore
An averaged national audience of 2.641 Million watched last night's 14-8 win by the Sydney Rooster's over the Canberra Raiders.

The audience for the game included a 5-City Metro audience of 1.866 Million including;

• Sydney 832k

• Melbourne 320k

• Brisbane 534k

• Adelaide 87k

• Perth 93k
Audience for the game peaked nationally at 3.250 million, including 2.217 million metro viewers.

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2019/10/6/2019-nrl-grand-final-ratings

tri_colours

Juniors
That regional number seems far to low .

Regional 775,000 (Qld 216k NNSW 241k SNSW 200k Vic 72k Tas 34k WA 12k)

Last edited:

Billythekid

First Grade
Not that surprised. The raiders are probably one of our lowest rating sides and with how they’ve been treated in terms of coverage they’re profile just isn’t all that high. Whilst it would have been great to see them win the NRL never managed to sell the ‘fairy tale’ storyline like they have in recent years.

Add that to one of the least popular teams in Sydney who everyone assumed would win at the start of the year and you’ve got a recipe for low ratings.

The NRL really have a lot to work moving forward both in terms of crowds and ratings.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So half of Melbourne didn't watch because the Storm weren't playing.

2/3rds of last year watched without the Storm being involved is the other way you could look at it!
What the other 85% of Sydney were doing rather than watching their local codes GF is a bigger worry.