What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

BradS

Juniors
Going nowhere, looking to extend with Canberra.
Like Ryan Matterson, don't want any player who walks out one year into a three year deal joining the club. It's the complete opposite of what John Sutton was for South Sydney.
Su’A will come good with a strong preseason

Sironen and Johns to step up

Need a class centre and imo a better 5/8
Cody plays only when he feels like it

callmack1

Staff member
I'm hoping Su'A will really step up after a strong and full Pre-Season too!

The Lurker is reporting that we are going to chase David Fifita from the Broncos. That'd be an incredible signing but who knows if it's even possible.

BradS

Juniors
If I do the math

GI 1 mil
Sutto 500k?
G Burg 400k?
K Turner 300k?
Britt 100k
Others 300k

After Cook upgrade, Roberts and Su’A there should be some cash around and TPAs could also come into play, particularly if there is a play for Latrell

Travitoh

First Grade
If I do the math

GI 1 mil
Sutto 500k?
G Burg 400k?
K Turner 300k?
Britt 100k
Others 300k

After Cook upgrade, Roberts and Su’A there should be some cash around and TPAs could also come into play, particularly if there is a play for Latrell

I could be wrong but i feel like i read somewhere that Sutton's contract only had a minimum effect on the cap, with the veteran allowance topping him up.
I also believe we don't get the full cap relief when it comes to GI's retirement.

Liam Knight warrants an upgrade, possibly Doueihi who'll hold out through next season imo and i hope the wheels are in motion to lock in Murray long term. Then there's the Cody situation where he'll either be upgraded or replaced - either way it won't be cheap.

Anyone at 100k will need to be replaced by someone else at 100k, as will any additional players to round out the top 30, so they'll cancel each other out.

There will be cap room for a good player or two but i personally don't expect a big money star.