What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Future looks Dark

BLM01

First Grade
You still have doubts about Garrick??
Timms??
Dufty got many more chances than the other 2 only to come up short several times.
No one is disputing the slashing tries he scored which we all praised and enjoyed watching but playing FB for St. George means much more than what ends up on the highlights reel.
Given the current crop of wingers that we keep wringing the changes with, why wasn't Garrick given a fair go?
Is he worse than what we have now?
We went shopping outside of our available talent pool and have paid dearly for it.
Timm could have made a massive difference to our fortunes this year but didn't even get a sniff.
Even Lomax and Host were constantly dicked around to the point where they became disillusioned.
Garrick under a quality mentor became an excellent first grader and shows signs of further improvement.
The point being if you don't induct these young guys into FG you will never know if they will handle the step up in grade.
I said should of both been given a go but one season does not make a 1st grader.in the case of Garrick..if he goes good next year and improved yeh.
especially Timms playing reggies

redVinme

Juniors
I know no one is coming here. We are better off targeting Canberra's juniors that cant get a run due to all the poms. I live in Canberra so i would know anyone from here would love to live in the Gong next to the beach. We all go down the coast a few times a year and its like going to Hawaii for us.

There are heaps actually. Really should have jumped at bailey Simmonson before he resigned. There is Sebastian Kris who is promising and also niko who has been great this year.

Gareth67

First Grade
The roosters again showed last night you must have height on the wings. We don’t , either get some new taller wingers or be assigned to the bottom sides.

Money - money is what makes the world go around , in our sorry case plenty of it .
The Dragons just do not possess the required finances to make any half decent purchases let alone good ones .

Those bovine snouts have all but ruined what little hope we may have had in securing players who could had made an impression to the clubs chances in 2020 and beyond .

We have become the laughing stock of the NRL , as a consequence no self respecting player will come to the Joint Venture as the only thing that they will find here will be their headstones .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
There are heaps actually. Really should have jumped at bailey Simmonson before he resigned. There is Sebastian Kris who is promising and also niko who has been great this year.
Only problem with Niko is he's from Belconnen so theres a good chance he's a pussy. Qbn is where you want them from ;)

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Fellow Dragons Fans

We are in some serious trouble

We will struggle over the next few years

Tough times ahead

At this stage, if I was a betting man, I'd have a substantial wager on SGI being 2020 wooden spooners- our best player and goal kicker is gone, there's no one on the market who could come close to replacing him, there's a lot of money tied up in players who aren't worth keeping (Hunt, Graham and Norman are the obvious ones) our backline is currently one of the worst in the competition and our coach is hopeless. Shopping players like Dufty and Aitken probably won't help to improve our list as their tarnished reputations precede them and a half decent player, given a choice, will choose a club like the Bulldogs who are on the rise.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
whenever you take over an organisation that is going downhill fast or is in a near death situation, the first thing you do is deal with the executive team - get the right people on the bus. In the case of the dragons, clearly the head coach role is not working for whatever reason. its time for a change, there is no time for them to work it out.

Get someone in who is structured, methodical and can work with people. That person may only be in that role for 6 months to 2 years, but they are tasked with getting key indicators going in the right direction. In the case of the Dragons, engagement (players playing at or near the full potential each and every week); appropriate games plans the include conditions, the opposition and the capabilities of the team members; culture - letting the football department this will not continue and more change will be made; consensuses - performance have consensuses both good and bad.

If you look at the roster that we have, there is not excuse why we did not challenge for a top 4. I'm not saying we were a top 4 this year, but with the right selections, games plans and player management we should have been close. A CEO who's company is not performing has a very limited time to rectify the ship 5 years is way too long and Mary (CEO of the football department) has changed very little over that time.

I think our potential premiership window that we looked to have a number of years ago, I believe has now passed us by and we need to start thinking about change without fear of failure. 2020 should be a new approach with a new attitude. Once we sort that out, other things like getting the right players and juniors will naturally occur.

Gareth67

First Grade
Ever so right Red V Resurgence, I particularly like your last paragraph as that is exactly the way that the J.V should be thinking - from the boardroom down to the players themselves and everything in between.

A completely new attitude of ‘ forget the past - ‘ let’s make amends to ensure that our future is brighter ‘ .

fedzy

Juniors
Ever so right Red V Resurgence, I particularly like your last paragraph as that is exactly the way that the J.V should be thinking - from the boardroom down to the players themselves and everything in between.

A completely new attitude of ‘ forget the past - ‘ let’s make amends to ensure that our future is brighter ‘ .

But the problem is the board do not see it as a problem.
Mctwit was extended because as was mentioned at the time due to the way he managed the JDB issue.
To review the year and blame it on JDB issue and injuries tells all they don't think the coach is at fault.

Look back at Price's sacking continued with the same selections desperate for a win and 5 games after extension reportedly the players spoke to management.

Mctwit has preformed worse yet the players stand by him.

Our only hope is a poor start to the season

So jack of it, I even emailed back the marketing department to stop emailing me as I cannot stand by a club that stand s by a such a poor coach.

Latest posts