What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ouch. Why are people so unkind ? :thinking:

images
The irony is that I met Kamahl once and he's and absolute merkin.

IFR33K

Coach
He wanted he play with Noel and the eagles. He couldn't. Contract.

It may be hard to comprehend, but parra signed him to play for the eels in the nrl. They didn’t sign him to play for wee wea. The didn’t sign him to play for an English team. They didn’t sign him to sit out his contract. If he was forced to see out his deal with the eels I’d agree with you. Parra had no choice but to give him a conditional release, to enable them to go back into the market for a quality centre.

He broke his contract and got a conditional release. Not sure why you’re arguing.

Last edited:
So please explain if he cries homesickness and wants to head back home to chase more dollars, what good did that contract do?

Sorry for the delay in replying (had a few off field hiccups). Pretty much what the other chaps have subsequently said). The vast majority of players either see out their contract or move because their club finds it beneficial to let them speak to other clubs. Even in the cases where a player plays silly buggers, the terms of their registered contract determine bargaining power, and can stop the player playing for anyone else without the original employer's assent. Labour contracts have never been able to enforce specific performance (i.e. you can't make someone rock up and play footy, or make them dig a hole). You can stop them from doing the same for another employer without adequate compensation (if you wish)

Bazal

Post Whore
It may be hard to comprehend, but parra signed him to play for the eels in the nrl. They didn’t sign him to play for wee wea. The didn’t sign him to play for an English team. They didn’t sign him to sit out his contract. If he was forced to see out his deal with the eels I’d agree with you. Parra had no choice but to give him a conditional release, to enable them to go back into the market for a quality centre.

He broke his contract and got a conditional release. Not sure why you’re arguing.

So they should have just done what would have happened to you or I, ie terminated the employee for frustration of contract or similar, and let him go where he wanted when he wanted?

I don't even think you're quite sure what you're actually arguing anymore tbh...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He wanted to walk out on the eels. And he did. Contract or no contract.
The context of this argument is that some merkins think we can sign any player we want, regardless of his contract with another club.

We obviously can't unless his club agrees to let him go.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

The contract itself was what Parra were able to use to mitigate their risk. Hence why it is worth the paper it is written on. Parra weren't 'dudded' as you suggest, which is why I am 'arguing'...or maybe just putting forward a different perspective.

If your proposition is that Lyon is merkin then I am 100% with you on that one. He's a turd.

IFR33K

Coach
The contract itself was what Parra were able to use to mitigate their risk. Hence why it is worth the paper it is written on. Parra weren't 'dudded' as you suggest, which is why I am 'arguing'...or maybe just putting forward a different perspective.

If your proposition is that Lyon is merkin then I am 100% with you on that one. He's a turd.

Ok. One simple question.

What was Lyon signed for/contracted to the eels???