What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Isn't Moylan the one going?
Who knows............

But Morris has to be looking at the highest paid players....

Wade is safe, I think Moylan, Dugan, Fifita, Johnson, may all be considered.

I suspect these are our highest paid 5.

Maybe Morris, Chad, Prior, however I do not think they would be on 'top dollar', so would not save as much as the others.

We have a bunch of rookies, Nikora, Xerri, Uele, Brailey all on smaller contract than they will sign next.

Then again, Gallen, Feki and JB surely covers Ramien, but we need more hooker depth

Certainly appears the salary cap will force one out.

myrrh ken

First Grade
We are out of balance.

We have Moyza and Johnson who are top dollar halves who you wouldn't dream of playing next to each other. So you have to shift Moyza to fb.

Then you've got top dollar Duges whose best position besides fullback is centre. But now we have 3 other FG centres. You can't really shift 2 of them to the wing cos they aren't really wingers and that would leave out young Moot.

I know we were a bit lost at sea at the start of 2016 with the whole Val v Barba for fullback and an extra centre. But we sorted it out pretty quickly.

We have had 1 year to sort this team out and still haven't.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Moving players on best option would be to Super League as i dont think then that effects the cap, ie different comp.

The other one we need to move on is Bukuya watching the canterbury cup Sorenson has outplayed him each game, would rather keep him s backup

Griffoshark66

First Grade
Saw in Buzzard's column that souths are sniffing around Xerri who is apparently unhappy with our interest in Ramien. I'm sure it's probably bullshit, but who knows.

shaggs

Coach
Magoulias has to be in the team next season is some capacity. Either at 13 as another ball player or off the bench. What an asset to have a player who can do what he did today and last week
Agree he is a player, but if you have him and graham in the pack, you are left with 2 props and another edge to do the work.
Without big wingers or a fullback that doesn’t shirk the dirty work, where does the go forward come from?

R-15-3

Juniors
I’m not a fan of this left/right backrower, they stifle the attack to often. Rather Graham as a ball playing lock and use the 11 & 12 as more of a middle forward, let the backs have more space and time. Need to spread the middle hit ups out a bit more, fast more agile backrowers around the ruck running better lines, quicker play the balls. Stop using the inside ball from Chad to the frontrowers and start having Nikora run those lines etc

Frenzy.

Immortal
Who knows............

But Morris has to be looking at the highest paid players....

Wade is safe, I think Moylan, Dugan, Fifita, Johnson, may all be considered.

I suspect these are our highest paid 5.

Maybe Morris, Chad, Prior, however I do not think they would be on 'top dollar', so would not save as much as the others.

We have a bunch of rookies, Nikora, Xerri, Uele, Brailey all on smaller contract than they will sign next.

Then again, Gallen, Feki and JB surely covers Ramien, but we need more hooker depth

Certainly appears the salary cap will force one out.

Woods. We are in for his full freight this year.

chewsta

First Grade
I'd consider letting one of Woodsy or Prior go.
Uele, Rudolph and William's are all strong runners that actually run straight, hard and fast. No stopping, jogging, propping or prancing.

Rudolph would probably make a decent back rower out wide too. Very mobile and has a decent passing game and offload in him.

Moyza needs a f**ken rocket up him if he is to stay. I'd rather duges at the back to be honest.

txta2

Bench
Saw in Buzzard's column that souths are sniffing around Xerri who is apparently unhappy with our interest in Ramien. I'm sure it's probably bullshit, but who knows.
Sharks are ripe for any club to take whoever they want. Again , if they booted Chad this wouldn't happen.