What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
Because the guys contracts were taken over completely.

Carty at Titans. Moylan at Sharks etc.

Jennings we covered some of thefirst year of his contract but nothing beyond that.

I had issue with Gus wanting to pay everyone overs. But atleast he could get rid of them at minimal if any cost to us. Most of the time the players were actually getting upgrades by leaving.

This reality:

Coach: Ivan
Recruitment and Retention: Ivan
Gains: Api Korisau
Losses: DWZ, Blake, Maloney, RCG etc.

Alternate reality if Gus had his way:

Coach: Wayne Bennett
Recruitment and Retention: Gus (Wayne would get asay though)
Gains?
Losses? Guaranteed to be a much shorter list.

We would have been much better off in the realitywhere Gus runs the club still. Very surprised a Cleary hater would think theres any chance we go better

Maloney would of been on more then Moylan was so result is the same.

All of them were replaced with kids though not as if we went on a signing spree with the new cap space. So how do we know?

Brandy is on the retention group. He did a good job for NSW why can't he for us?

Also Matt Cameron was partly responsible for assembling that Parra team that was great in the early 00's.

So hardly just all Ivan

Crashtest

Juniors
Because the guys contracts were taken over completely.

Carty at Titans. Moylan at Sharks etc.

Jennings we covered some of thefirst year of his contract but nothing beyond that.

I had issue with Gus wanting to pay everyone overs. But atleast he could get rid of them at minimal if any cost to us. Most of the time the players were actually getting upgrades by leaving.

This reality:

Coach: Ivan
Recruitment and Retention: Ivan
Gains: Api Korisau
Losses: DWZ, Blake, Maloney, RCG etc.

Alternate reality if Gus had his way:

Coach: Wayne Bennett
Recruitment and Retention: Gus (Wayne would get asay though)
Gains?
Losses? Guaranteed to be a much shorter list.

We would have been much better off in the realitywhere Gus runs the club still. Very surprised a Cleary hater would think theres any chance we go better

We had to top up Merrins contract.

Probably had to pay out Jamie Soward and Peter Hiku as well

Fangs

Coach
Unfortunate for you but thankfully for me the club isn't happy to dwell in a position of making finals without ever being a premiership chance.

I hope that is their position. We have made a lot of loser decisions over the past year.

Whino

Bench
We can't announce any signings until after Nov 30 because most of our potential signings are still under contract for 2020 with their respective clubs.
JWH Zane tetevano Masters & Matterson is in my Christmas wish list..

Unless a contracted player were to get an early release. Sounds like there will be a few clubs shuffling the deck around.
Matterson will be going. The Tigers are eyeing up Zac Zomax.

I have suspicions the Roosters are up to something. Jai Arrow? Frizell? David Fifita? Whether JWH is leaving or seeing out his contract they will be after another gun forward soon.

I suspect a busy 2 months ahead.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
We’ve always struggled to sign very good and great players in their primes, i can only see that changing if we really dominate for a few years which is unlikely..

Agreed all-round. I mean, I'm happy we got Api, and couldn't care less about Glenn not coming, but we really need sustained success - which is why I was annoyed that we finally got rid of Griffin only to go backwards to what we already tried. Sure, Cleary has a chance to do a Ricky Stuart and get back to a final many years after his last, but there were better options available.

Anyway... too late now. Lets hope our youngsters bail us out and become world class.

Flashstep

Juniors
In a ideal world yes but who is going to take them and would it fee up enough money? I don't think they would get a buyer though. So no better off need to part with bigger money and names in these cases

Whare wouldn’t be on much so worst case scenario is we keep him as backup but if we waited until the off season I think we could have found a place for Mansour, personally I just think it was stupid giving away 2 good backs in the middle of the season without any replacements in mind, guess we got lucky with To’o but realistically now we still need 2 or 3 backs to come in.

Flashstep

Juniors
Ivan might have planned to replace these guys. But that only works if we can get players to sign for us.

Thankfully the players rejecting is aren't guys we should want anyway. Maybe we go hard for Scott or Ramien now.

Yea glad Walker re-signed with Manly but looks like Chambers is on his way out of Melbourne so I doubt they also let Scott go, we should go after Ramien but knowing Cleary we’ll sign Lawerence and have him play centre...

Whare wouldn’t be on much so worst case scenario is we keep him as backup but if we waited until the off season I think we could have found a place for Mansour, personally I just think it was stupid giving away 2 good backs in the middle of the season without any replacements in mind, guess we got lucky with To’o but realistically now we still need 2 or 3 backs to come in.

To lose one may be regarded as misfortune, to lose both looks like carelessness.

Flashstep

Juniors
To lose one may be regarded as misfortune, to lose both looks like carelessness.

Yep I always said we would end up losing DWZ or Edwards anyway so I had come to terms with it but losing Blake also is woeful, sure he hasn’t lived up to his hype but he was always underrated defensively and it’s not like we’re in a golden era of centres to pick from as a replacement.

Whino

Bench
Yea glad Walker re-signed with Manly but looks like Chambers is on his way out of Melbourne so I doubt they also let Scott go, we should go after Ramien but knowing Cleary we’ll sign Lawerence and have him play centre...

Ramien is a done deal at the Sharks if you believe the press.
I read somewhere Lawrence is staying at the Tigers. Phew.
Lomax and Aitken are being shopped around.

Flashstep

Juniors
Ramien is a done deal at the Sharks if you believe the press.
I read somewhere Lawrence is staying at the Tigers. Phew.
Lomax and Aitken are being shopped around.

Yes seems like Ramien is destined to go back to the Sharks.

Aitken has regressed a lot since he came into first grade a few years ago but maybe a change of clubs can turn his career around so wouldn’t mind him coming, haven’t seen much of Lomax but Dragons fans seem to have big wraps on him, could be a decent signing also.

Status
Not open for further replies.