What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno assistant coach,,...?

I

I think they would like to get rid of him but dont want to pay him out.
If they fire Johnston without severance and not have a CEO for a couple of years, they could afford to pay out McGregor.
BJ has proven to be incompetent.
The extension he perpetrated, rationalized and supported 110% has proven to be an abomination which has put the club in an impossible position.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
If they fire Johnston without severance and not have a CEO for a couple of years, they could afford to pay out McGregor.
The extension he perpetrated, rationalized and supported 110% has proven to be an abomination which ahs put the club in an impossible position.
SGI's two shareholders, St George Leagues Club and WIN both have more than enough cash to fund the appointment of a new head coach and CEO while at the same time paying out the current incumbents contract. This is the correct move and the Board would garnish a lot of lost support by doing this; it would be recognition that they got it wrong.

A new head coach such as Brown, Griffin, Toovey or any number of others mentioned on this forum, would be seen as a 'turning things around moment. In my opinion, B Junnston has shown himself to be way out of his depth since being appointed as our CEO. HIs handling of the JDB affair, the extension of Mary's contract and the control of Millward's recruitment and retention decisions are standout mistakes over the short term he has held the job. I have to say I was looking forward to B Johnston as CEO; he was a real favourite of mine in his playing days and served the club well as a player.

The less said about Mary and Millward the better. They more than anyone have caused so much damage to SGI, it would be a very difficult job to turn things around as indicated above.

getsmarty

Immortal
The extension he perpetrated, rationalized and supported 110% has proven to be an abomination which ahs put the club in an impossible position.

With all due respect Dennis, it has nothing to do with the payout...Coach has friends in all the right places...I reckon he has called in his last favours....

Hopefully gone by Round 10 next Year...can't come soon enough.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The extension he perpetrated, rationalized and supported 110% has proven to be an abomination which has put the club in an impossible position.

We currently have a number of people receiving payment from the club under false pretences, Johnston is right up there.

Totally inept and out of his depth.
His silence is deafening.

One may even consider the club is laundering monies to fictitious persons, being that we have nothing to show in return.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
And I believe it can't be made official under Dec 18th.

Can be announced at any time and I'm guessing sometime soon after tomorrows GF. Yes, he cannot start "coaching" until after Dec 18th and this is when most clubs take their Christmas break, so he wouldn't really be seen on the training field until early January.

18to87

First Grade
Can be announced at any time and I'm guessing sometime soon after tomorrows GF. Yes, he cannot start "coaching" until after Dec 18th and this is when most clubs take their Christmas break, so he wouldn't really be seen on the training field until early January.
Thanks.
If the club wants to win in 2020, I really hope they do something about the pre-season conditioning. Clearly, there are problems with their long-term fitness levels. It would be nice to have Flanno give some input on this. The fact that Gould didn't find anything shows he did a less than thorough job. How can a side known across the NRL for the second half of the season fades not have issues with their physical preparation? Unless, you put it all on Mary and his use of the bench etc.

jak

Bench
We currently have a number of people receiving payment from the club under false pretences, Johnston is right up there.

Totally inept and out of his depth.
His silence is deafening.

One may even consider the club is laundering monies to fictitious persons, being that we have nothing to show in return.
good morning ol fela, are you thinking bring back doust

Latest posts