What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Top 30

Dave's mate

Juniors
I think it's coaching. All 3 hooker options haven't run the ball much. I can't see why 3 different people with 3 different styles would have the same weakness, especially when running is a big part of Egan's game.
Seg killed it under Ivan which makes Egan this year even more of a worry

franklin2323

Immortal
I think it's coaching. All 3 hooker options haven't run the ball much. I can't see why 3 different people with 3 different styles would have the same weakness, especially when running is a big part of Egan's game.

Hookers have generally gone well under Ivan. I see it as inexperience and not being consistent or with the speed of the game

Panther Pete

Juniors
Yeah I can’t think of any other reason why they wouldn’t run it. If it is coaching, what would the reasoning be?

Kilkenny

Coach
Sione Katoa over 4 years NRL experience almost 50 games, Wayde Egan 2 years about 30 games and the new boy in Mitch Kenny had his first year this season. I agree none were established 100-150 gamers but in respect of Katoa & Egan the way they played coming thru Flegg & Ball were entirely different to how they played in NRL so it had to be coaching which restricted there natural playing styles. Egan in particular had a much more expansive game in the juniors with his kicking, playmaking and running game which we have seen little of in his top level games? Royce Simmons was more dangerous out of dummy half than our recent three hookers so to me that say it all and it comes down to coaching and game plans in so much they are instructed to pick the ball up and pass it on!!! Nothing more nothing less.

franklin2323

Immortal
Sione Katoa over 4 years NRL experience almost 50 games, Wayde Egan 2 years about 30 games and the new boy in Mitch Kenny had his first year this season. I agree none were established 100-150 gamers but in respect of Katoa & Egan the way they played coming thru Flegg & Ball were entirely different to how they played in NRL so it had to be coaching which restricted there natural playing styles. Egan in particular had a much more expansive game in the juniors with his kicking, playmaking and running game which we have seen little of in his top level games? Royce Simmons was more dangerous out of dummy half than our recent three hookers so to me that say it all and it comes down to coaching and game plans in so much they are instructed to pick the ball up and pass it on!!! Nothing more nothing less.

If that was the case why did we go get a hooker 1st? Wouldn't you fill the weakest spot 1st

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
If that was the case why did we go get a hooker 1st? Wouldn't you fill the weakest spot 1st

Remember a few years back when we had Segeyaro already and we went and bought in another hooker by the name of Api Korosiau on a two-year contract and then let him go a year later because, well, we already had Segeyaro. Don’t expect logic from this club.

Kilkenny

Coach
Remember a few years back when we had Segeyaro already and we went and bought in another hooker by the name of Api Korosiau on a two-year contract and then let him go a year later because, well, we already had Segeyaro. Don’t expect logic from this club.

Convenient, but not entirely true. We Api signed, on a modest deal before he enjoyed a sustained run in the Bunnies side in the lead up to the GF when he played in the absence of there dummy half. After a good season with us in which he played in the halves and at dummy half Gould allowed him to field the offer which was far in excess of that he was earning with us. Nothing to do with Segeyaro just Gould doing what he did, put the players interests first and allowed him to take up the good offer with the Sea Eagles.

Panther Mick

Juniors
I can't edit the first post so I will update instead.

I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on how our squad will be filled in the coming months.
There is still plenty of time over the coming months to sign players and promote from within but this is the current top 30 for next year. 24 positions have to be filed by November 1. 29 by round 1 next year.

At this stage I have included players that are rumoured to be leaving and when that is official I will update the list.

1. Caleb Aekins
2. Nathan Cleary
3. Dylan Edwards
4. James Tamou
5. Kaide Ellis
6. JFH
7. Mitch Kenny
8. Viliame Kikau
9. Spencer Leniu
10. Moses Leota
11. Jerome Luai
12. Josh Mansour
13. Liam Martin
14. Tyrone May
15. Brent Naden
16. Billy Burns
17. Brian To'o
18. MWZ
19. Isaah Yeo
20. Api Koroisau
21. Dean Whare
22. Jack Hetherington
23. Jed Cartwright
24. Stephen Crichton
25. Matt Burton

I think its fair to assume Burns, Crichton and Burton will be promoted to the top squad next year. Daine Laurie might be too but for now I have left him off.

Possible rookies that might get promoted: Daine Laurie, Staines, S Blore,

Gains: Api Koroisau.

Losses: Maloney, DWZ, Blake.RCG, Katoa,Tyrell Fuimaono, Nick Lui-Toso, Paea Pua, Hame Sele, Frank Winterstein, Grant, McKendry. Egan.

Some players can play more than 1 position but for now the first preferred positions are.

FB: Edwards, Aekins
Wing: To'o Mansour, MWZ
Centres: Whare, Naden Crichton
Halves Cleary, Luai, Burton, May
Front row and Locks: Tamou, JFH, Leota, Leniu, Hetherington, Ellis
2nd rowers: Kikau, Martin, Yeo, Jed Cartwright
Hookers: Korosiau, Kenny,

Down to 25 now.
The losses are growing.

franklin2323

Immortal

I thought it would be a good idea to keep an eye on how our squad will be filled in the coming months.
There is still plenty of time over the coming months to sign players and promote from within but this is the current top 30 for next year. 24 positions have to be filed by November 1. 29 by round 1 next year.

At this stage I have included players that are rumoured to be leaving and when that is official I will update the list.

1. Caleb Aekins
2. Nathan Cleary
3. Dylan Edwards
4. James Tamou
5. Kaide Ellis
6. JFH
7. Mitch Kenny
8. Viliame Kikau
9. Spencer Leniu
10. Moses Leota
11. Jerome Luai
12. Josh Mansour
13. Liam Martin
14. Tyrone May
15. Brent Naden
16. Billy Burns
17. Brian To'o
18. MWZ
19. Isaah Yeo
20. Api Koroisau
21. Dean Whare
22. Jack Hetherington
23. Jed Cartwright
24. Stephen Crichton
25. Matt Burton

I think its fair to assume Burns, Crichton and Burton will be promoted to the top squad next year. Daine Laurie might be too but for now I have left him off.

Losses: Maloney, DWZ, Blake.RCG, Katoa,Tyrell Fuimaono, Nick Lui-Toso, Paea Pua, Hame Sele, Frank Winterstein, Grant, McKendry. Egan.

Some players can play more than 1 position but for now the first preferred positions are.

Down to 25 now.
The losses are growing.

A few big names have said they will do the tests 1st then sort deals out. Which delays the flow on. Still decent players with no deal at all yet

Kilkenny

Coach

1. Caleb Aekins
2. Nathan Cleary
3. Dylan Edwards
4. James Tamou
5. Kaide Ellis
6. JFH
7. Mitch Kenny
8. Viliame Kikau
9. Spencer Leniu
10. Moses Leota
11. Jerome Luai
12. Josh Mansour
13. Liam Martin
14. Tyrone May
15. Brent Naden
16. Billy Burns
17. Brian To'o
18. MWZ
19. Isaah Yeo
20. Api Koroisau
21. Dean Whare
22. Jack Hetherington
23. Jed Cartwright
24. Stephen Crichton
25. Matt Burton

Down to 25 now.
The losses are growing.
Well done young man . Good keeping us updated.

Fangs

Coach

Down to 25 now.

The losses are growing.

13 losses to 1 gain. Those numbers aren't pretty.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well still got 5 more to come in also but getting rid of overpriced pillows like RCG job well done
Literally anyone can destroy a roster by pushing people out the door. We've done so footing a huge part of the bill for players.

13 guys out for 1 player in is not close to a job well done. Its a f**king mess. We have improved one area slightly, and weakened the entire rest of the squad... to gain a solid at best hooker.

We are going to be stuck developing new players yet again and signing the scraps who can't get a run elsewhere.

We f**ked up giving Ivan so much power. As a coach his job should be solely to coach this team. Give his recommendations on the squad to someone else to try managing it.

Instead he decides he doesnt like someone. Thats the end of his Panthers career. He wants to sign someone. He isn't liked or respected enough to make it happen. If it weren't for Barrett we wouldn't have even landed Koroisau. We have to hope Barrett can bring more players in because Ivan certainly can't... and based on the few he managed at Tigers that's a good thing.

betcats

Referee
Literally anyone can destroy a roster by pushing people out the door. We've done so footing a huge part of the bill for players.

13 guys out for 1 player in is not close to a job well done. Its a f**king mess. We have improved one area slightly, and weakened the entire rest of the squad... to gain a solid at best hooker.

We are going to be stuck developing new players yet again and signing the scraps who can't get a run elsewhere.

We f**ked up giving Ivan so much power. As a coach his job should be solely to coach this team. Give his recommendations on the squad to someone else to try managing it.

Instead he decides he doesnt like someone. Thats the end of his Panthers career. He wants to sign someone. He isn't liked or respected enough to make it happen. If it weren't for Barrett we wouldn't have even landed Koroisau. We have to hope Barrett can bring more players in because Ivan certainly can't... and based on the few he managed at Tigers that's a good thing.

I dare say EGAN wanted out after we signed API rather than Ivan deciding he doesn’t like Wade and ending his career.

I can’t wait to see what we do with the roster, it’s obviously not a finished product I don’t why people are acting we aren’t going to sign anyone.

Wade out API in is a big win for us imo. I see Blake out Naden in as a win also, and Dwz out To’o in was probably the best move we made all year, that was a brilliant move for us in the end. Rcg needs to be replaced but getting better value for money than him shouldn’t be to hard.

franklin2323

Immortal

DWZ - Wing
Blake - Centre
RCG - Bench
Maloney - busted up 6
Rest were NSW Cup guys

Only really Blake atm seems a loss but who knows when the squad is finished

We lost a NSW Cup forward pack.

Upgraded on 2 underperforming hookers.

Got rid a over paid ordinary bench prop

To'o can do what DWZ can on the wing. We did lose the flexibility but if he is seen as a winger then it is a win.

I can't say if it is a win til the squad is in place but I have no issues with who left

Latest posts