What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Super League

Vic Mackey

Referee
it’s hilarious reading the sooking from the poms over this, cannot believe the mindset of some
of them

It’s crazy isn’t it. Imagine if a millionaire in say Singapore set up and paid for a team in QLD cup hoping to get it to the NRL. I feel we’d be all for it. Every English fan seems to hate it, which will end up being better for the competition.

beave

Coach
It’s crazy isn’t it. Imagine if a millionaire in say Singapore set up and paid for a team in QLD cup hoping to get it to the NRL. I feel we’d be all for it. Every English fan seems to hate it, which will end up being better for the competition.

their main complaint is

1) Toronto won’t have any away fans in the UK. So they’re basically saying their own teams rely on away support for gate takings and don’t have enough of their own fans to financially support a team.

2) Wont be able to go to away games in Canada. It’s like they feel they have a god given right to have away games played 20mins from their own home. Typical from small town/minded hicks tbh. Actually I take that back, Townsville is a small city but has been able to provide a good home fan base for the cowbs with obvious support from the towns around it, so it’s more small minded hicks. We’ve never relied on away support to keep us afloat, f**k if we did we would have gone bust in the first few years.

72677318_2436313106495300_4592923445204877312_o.jpg

roughyedspud

Coach
It's fantastic that Toronto are in SL...

But

please sort that pitch out,if they can't then they should look at moving to BMO field...if I was the RFL I'd insist on it

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Potential game changer for me and came at the right time. especially after RL getting its arse kicked by the fantastic RU World Cup currently being held in Japan.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
All those whinging poms on Twitter saying the games now screwed crack
Me up. Probably the same that voted brexit. They go on about attendances dropping next year, when Toronto have 4x the crowds of London and probably have Salford, Wakefield and Huddersfield covered too.
Haha!!! Brexit opens the U.K. up to the rest of the world instead of being locked up in Europe. Brexiteers are the expansionists.

Springs09

Juniors
their main complaint is

1) Toronto won’t have any away fans in the UK. So they’re basically saying their own teams rely on away support for gate takings and don’t have enough of their own fans to financially support a team.

2) Wont be able to go to away games in Canada. It’s like they feel they have a god given right to have away games played 20mins from their own home. Typical from small town/minded hicks tbh. Actually I take that back, Townsville is a small city but has been able to provide a good home fan base for the cowbs with obvious support from the towns around it, so it’s more small minded hicks. We’ve never relied on away support to keep us afloat, f**k if we did we would have gone bust in the first few years.

They’re replacing London who have next to no fans at all so I don’t know how they can whinge about away fans. How many Championship teams other than Bradford would bring more than a few hundred away fans?

A game in Toronto is a good reason for a weeks holiday in Canada. Even just 3 days or so. Isn’t it the same reason they like Catalans in the comp? Given it’s much shorter travel time but still.

deluded pom?

Coach
Haha!!! Brexit opens the U.K. up to the rest of the world instead of being locked up in Europe. Brexiteers are the expansionists.
All these people who aren’t even British and don’t live here telling me what’s right and what’s wrong with Britain. Fookoff. You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Left wing liberalism has ruined this country.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
fantastic?

we must be watching a different WC. The standard of rugby and officiating has been utterly pathetic.
I’m talking about the big crowds watching the games in modern stadiums in a expansion country like Japan and seeing the less fancied nations at worst being competitive and at best pulling of shock wins.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
All these people who aren’t even British and don’t live here telling me what’s right and what’s wrong with Britain. Fookoff. You don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. Left wing liberalism has ruined this country.
I’m of the left but can’t stand liberals. The U.K. is more and more turning into the US.