What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

shiznit

Coach
He hammered Izzy for fighting a shorter, stumpy wrestler....someone pointed out he did the same fighting DC and Jones replied saying DC was the HW champ and one of the best to ever o it. Funny though, DC was not the HW champ when Jones fought him. The guy is a peice of shit.
Hey
Jones could beat most guys at heavy weight but wants to call out the little guy, and I'm not at all suprised.

Jones’ sees Izzy as his Conor McGregor...

Conor was too small for him to fight so he’s sees Izzy as his chance to get the Conor type hype/money.

Never mind the fact Izzy weighed 3lbs under the MW limit and could seriously cut down to WW if he chose to.

I like Izzy... but he needs to stay the f**k away from Jon Jones... that’s a nightmare matchup for him.

He’s just too small...

I notice Jones has deleted all his tweets about Izzy now... :joy::joy:

Someone must’ve told him he’s looking like a hater... :joy::joy:

ebbedfred

Bench
Jones would destory Izzy. Izzy's biggest weapons such as height and reach are no longer in his favour, and Jones would manhandle him in the clinch. But I'd be cheering like hell for Izzy. If it ever happens, it needs to be down the track. Not now, not in a hurry.

shiznit

Coach
HUGE fight for Aussie MMA this weekend... if Alex Volkanovski can beat Aldo I reckon he will co-main vs Max Holloway on the Whittaker vs Stylebender card rumoured to be in Sydney later in the year...

Here’s a preview...

shiznit

Coach
Volk does the business and dominates Aldo for 3 rounds.

Bobby Knucks vs Stylebender Main
Volk vs Max Co-Main

And the UFC just announced its schedule for the rest of the year... the only time that makes sense is October 6... which if the rumours about it being at BankWest Stadium in Parra being true would put it on the same day as the GF.

I’m thinking I might come over to Aussie for that day... start the day at the UFC and finish it at the NRL GF.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

shiznit

Coach
Anyone heading to UFC243?

I was going to go but had to pull out because of other commitments...

It’s gonna be MASSIVE!

ebbedfred

Bench
Anyone heading to UFC243?

I was going to go but had to pull out because of other commitments...

It’s gonna be MASSIVE!
Unfortunately couldn't get away either, but can't wait to watch it!

Reallly hard fight to pick, so many unknowns. Should be awesome though.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Great Main, rest of the card pretty underwhelming tbh.

Whittaker v Adesanya you just know it’s going to be fun

shiznit

Coach
Great Main, rest of the card pretty underwhelming tbh.

Whittaker v Adesanya you just know it’s going to be fun

It’s a great card if you’re from this part of the world... local talent all over it.

But as a whole it’s really top heavy.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Only caught the last three fights but dominant performances in all of them.
Tuivasa got schooled in grappling, that choke finish was great.
Dan Hooker is a weapon, just methodically punished his opponent with his reach for the whole fight and shit him out.
And Adesanya.... can’t argue with that, especially the way he ate a shot then KOd Whittaker with the counter.

ebbedfred

Bench
Israel was great, but we knew going in he was no chump.

A little disappointed in Rob’s game plan, I thought he needed to at least threaten the takedown but didn’t look for it once. Diving in against Izzy is always going to be dangerous. Hope Rob bounces back.

Izzy vs Costa will be awesome.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Possibly an unpopular opinion... but I like seeing anyone playing the bogan card obviously to the point of coming out to Khe Sanh getting sat on his arse.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Man how big is Hooker?

Dude deadset looked at least 1 or 2 weight classes bigger then Iaquinta, how do these guys make the same weight?

shiznit

Coach
Huge day for Aussie MMA and Alex ‘The Great’ Volkanovski!

really tough f**king task with Max... dudes a BEAST!

Alex and his team seem to think they got the game plan to do it though.

one thing going for Alex is he trains with killers like Stylebender and Dan Hooker at CKB so he’s more than used to handling long rangey high level strikers.

Latest posts