What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons girls are into the grand final

utility dragon

Juniors
The girls can still come back in the second half but talk about not being ready! Whatever they did this week they need never do again.
Wake up girls it’s a grand final!

getsmarty

Immortal
Insightful comment from alana Ferguson...all the Broncos players look like they know what their job is and the use of the bench rotation is keeping their forwards fresh....LOL

Gareth67

First Grade
They have come up against a side that is bigger , stronger and full of determination today . To make matters worse our girls keep making errrs and the Broncs are taking full advantage.

Still it is good to see the Big Red V there on Grand Final day - well done ladies .

utility dragon

Juniors
They definitely wanted it more. We started slow and couldn’t catch up. Way too many mistakes. I think they simply got overawed by the occasion. Disappointing

Carlton

Juniors
They definitely wanted it more. We started slow and couldn’t catch up. Way too many mistakes. I think they simply got overawed by the occasion. Disappointing

Im all for trying to develop the womens game but trying to manufacture an elite competition is nonsense. 4 games and a lot of it was pretty poor, if you are one of the thousands of players who play park footie you would be pissed off seeing this. Expand the game into new markets for sure but dont alienate the incumbent markets. What about doing something to showcase park/country league, this used to be the heartland of the game.

Dragon David

First Grade
I just don't get it....Since Bennett left, did they suddenly stop doing all the "Basics" @ training ..ball security etc...Seems to run across the entire club.
Was thinking the same Getsmarty. When it comes to basics, particularly in the big games, we lose it across the club. The girls played against a team that was well drilled. Our girls stood back and waited all game for the Broncos to run to them in defence rather than do what the Broncos girls did and that was to run in quickly to stop our progress - just basic things that the coach should have drilled into them.
Territorially, we were hopelessly outgunned and certainly out coached again - just not good enough I'm afraid!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
There were only a handful of clubs that broke away from rugby union, but the game grew from this grass roots level.

It's important to understand that the NRLW game will grow if it allowed to do so. I actually agree with the NRL's approach on this. It's better than it was last year.

As for today's result, a lot was learnt. We'll be back.

Carlton

Juniors
There were only a handful of clubs that broke away from rugby union, but the game grew from this grass roots level.

It's important to understand that the NRLW game will grow if it allowed to do so. I actually agree with the NRL's approach on this. It's better than it was last year.

As for today's result, a lot was learnt. We'll be back.

The problem is the amount of resources being used to manufacture a new market while allowing markets you already have to become weaker.

There is more to lose if CRL and juniors go backwards than anything that can be gained by adding an "elite" womens competition. My position is the CRL and juniors should have been better supported first, get them growing and strong and build off the back of that.

I think the clever thing was to introduce League Tag and they need to put resources into this and promote it. This allows not only women, but older age groups and players less interested in the physical side of league competition to participate. League Tag potentially has much bigger numbers of players.

Latest posts