What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magoulias

chewsta

First Grade
I think he really could become a great number 9 with a proper off season there.
Is an out and out footy player.
Great little kicking game.
Big motor.
Has a bit of xfactor about him
Defends really well and would cart it up like a back rower when required.

Rotating with BB behind a big Mobile pack he could be pretty handy.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Play Magoulias hooker and you lose the advantages he has brough to Newtown the last few weeks.

He won't be doing this chip kicks from DH. He may do some grubbers. He won't be turning people back inside. He won't be throwing rocket passes to 3/4s

Interesting dilemma

Don Tweddle

Juniors
I get the logic because we're short on hookers and we need to get him into the NRL team, but from what I've seen this year he was completely wasted at 9 and shouldn't play there again.

As a lock with a licence to play off the cuff, he has been a revelation.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
He isn’t a hookers, nor is he a 5/8’s arsehole.

He’s a backrower, he should be on the sharks bench next year taking Capewells spot (assuming he is going).

Rudolf looks like a first grader, looking forward to seeing him in sharks colours.

Billy's only been at hooker out of necessity, when others have not been available, he's a back rower through and through.

Weaponhead

Coach
He isn’t a hookers, nor is he a 5/8’s arsehole.

He’s a backrower, he should be on the sharks bench next year taking Capewells spot (assuming he is going).

Rudolf looks like a first grader, looking forward to seeing him in sharks colours.
Tend to agree with that

carinashark

First Grade
I like Margoulias at lock as well. He can play hooker or prop as well .Very useful player in what will be a tough season.

fizman

Bench
Chaps, I have absolutely loved what he has done in the last 2 weeks, it has been thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable.

With that said, I am not convinced he is an NRL player - my view is that the pace of the NRL will be too quick. The only way I see Billy having a crack is if he can sharpen up in the off season.

bluefox68

Staff member
Chaps, I have absolutely loved what he has done in the last 2 weeks, it has been thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable.

With that said, I am not convinced he is an NRL player - my view is that the pace of the NRL will be too quick. The only way I see Billy having a crack is if he can sharpen up in the off season.

He does have that ‘I swallowed a sheep in the off-season’ look...

He needs to drop 5 kg of fat and add 5 kg of muscle, which is well and truly doable in an off-season...

Special K

Coach
He isn’t a 9.

This new breed of 13 he might just be though. He is winning me over. He surely has capes 14 jersey next year