What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's time to go - Ray Warren

Brutus

Referee
Put Gus down for the most disgraceful piece of rugby league commentary ever heard.

It occured last year during the back-end the Australia v England 4 Nations game in Melbourne.

Rod

Bench
I can stomach Rabs because he adds passion and excitement, and it will be weird when he is no longer calling games. It does annoy me how he stuffs up names all the time though. The worst bit is the banter with Gus though, it used to be ok but now it seems so forced, like they'll start arguing about the smallest thing because they think it's funny.

Agree with whoever mentioned the Gidley FG, I'm sure that's the one Rabs was thinking of, he hit that even lower than Lockyer's on Saturday. Timmins' one was a sweet hit so it can't have been that. Those two were within a few weeks of each other in 2004 though so not the worst mistake Rabs has made.

hutch

First Grade
Put Gus down for the most disgraceful piece of rugby league commentary ever heard.

It occured last year during the back-end the Australia v England 4 Nations game in Melbourne.

What happened again?

Packy

Bench
Rabs need to go. Another reason why 9 should be shown the door with the next rights agreement.

BUT

To try and claim that he has magical powers and can jinx a team is geniused. Go find the spooks thread XXXX

Strangely he doesn't sound half as bad when on the radio with the Johns brothers etc. not actually having to call a game of footy.

I blame Gould. There must be a clause in the contract to entrap Rabs into inane banter and meaningless dribble about random crap (like bloody shorts strings) at set intervals.

This Gus and his immature, just idiotic antics need to be punted before Rabs.

And serious peeps, do we want Vossy calling these games? - I am normally drunk enough on a friday night to ignore how sh!!!t vossy is by the 2nd game but would be no chance with the first.

Yep, seems more concerned with the betting side of things these days. eg - always gives the odds of 1st try scorer after the event. It's a as though each game is just another race meeting & all the different types of bets are a race result for him to give the dividends. The bigger games like SOO or Finals are just like the bigger races & that is a reason to become more excited.

I love a punt, but expect those comments about odds when watching TVN or Sky Racing.

He'd be under strict instructions for that mate, the TAB would be paying 9 a fortune to promote it.

The Yatla Batla

Juniors
I think rabs is a legend..still love what they do..Yes I cringed when he put the hex on the broncs with 5 to go..You just dont say that!! xxxx is right ...BUT come on..Vossey is ok..Tim gilbert is terrible..tk hah..what about the boys calling the qrl...come on boys sometimes the grass is always greener!!!

Be nice to each other

Fangs

Coach
Just has to be told to pull his head in. Can call the game just fine. Leave opinions to others.

Though it says a lot when Rabs offers a better opinion than Andrew Johns. Bloody hell NRL is struggling.

Ross911

Juniors
Lockyer's last ever act at Suncorp Stadium is a golden point field goal to win a sudden death semi.

A moment that will be replayed forever and a day.

The best senile old Ray can do is compare it to a Shaun Timmins field goal in Origin. Sterlo just laughed at him.

It's time for some new blood in the commentary box.
I'd rather see Gould go.

What about Lockyer. Congratulating BMoz for back to back premierships and thinking he hasn't won a comp until he jumped on the cocks.

Absolute disgrace.